Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

A grade

The Languid One
Lurking in Berba's receeding hairline, stroking my
I made a cracking prediction in the newbies Ozil thread and one in the mains a while ago which are 100% accurate. Anyway I'm thinking of concentrating my full Muppet powers on the Maradonna to manage Villa thread. That would be miles better than us signing Ozil.
What happened to your boy, Hamsik, gambs? Staying put in Rome?

dev1l

SAF obviously doesn't want him.

He's well-aware that other clubs would be after him and if it came to a bidding war, United wouldn't stand a chance. He had a (possible) chance of closing the deal a few weeks back when we had the lead in the deal but didn't.
Not so sure of that. The player wanted to go to spain from day 1

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
What happened to your boy, Hamsik, gambs? Staying put in Rome?
Napoli. Always was, it was just wishful thinking on my part. He still hasn't signed his new contract though. Reckon Inter will bid for him soon.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
I made a cracking prediction in the newbies Ozil thread and one in the mains a while ago which are 100% accurate. Anyway I'm thinking of concentrating my full Muppet powers on the Maradonna to manage Villa thread. That would be miles better than us signing Ozil.
Link ?:D

:lol: Would love to see Maradona in England. Direct comic replacement for Benitez, only miles better.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

:lol: Would love to see Maradona in England. Direct comic replacement for Benitez, only miles better.
I honestly fear that the media, stress and competition would end up getting the better of Ol'Diego! I wouldn't want to see him develop a tumor or heart conditions so it's best he doesn't come to England, especially Villa...the entertainment value of having Diego in the EPL would admittedly, be priceless though!

Gareth Barry to Man City - 12M
James Milner to Man City - +-26M
Seeing Maradona go toe-toe with Arsene Wenger/SAF on the touchline...priceless!

Gambit

Damned if i can find the mains one.
Originally Posted by gambit28 View Post
Because its us, United. We'll probably announce tomorrow that we've signed some new unknown kid from some unknown club and Chelsea or Barca will snap him (Ozil) up, which will then lead to everybody on the caf whinging and posting values for money, the Glazers etc and how we can't compete anymore, why it's all Berbatovs fault and every hack in the press writing us off. Then in 9 months time we'll still be brilliant and competed on every level throughout the season, then it will be another players turn to be linked with us via the press and the caf and the cycle will start again.
posted at 11th August 2010, 13:46, we announced getting Bebe later that night. The one i did in the mains was prety much the same just a few months ago.

Gambit

:o Of course. I don't know why I was thinking Lazio. I still think that van Persie and him would have made a cracking, all-teeth duo at Arsenal. Imagine all the toothpaste ads....
It's ok your on your hols still. Tony Adams and Paul Merson could return and have their own personal bottle openers each.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
SAF obviously doesn't want him.

He's well-aware that other clubs would be after him and if it came to a bidding war, United wouldn't stand a chance. He had a (possible) chance of closing the deal a few weeks back when we had the lead in the deal but didn't.
Spot on.

Commadus

Echoes of the Benzema transfer last year. Like last time I believe SAF made enquiries as to the likely price and the players own intentions when it was clear that the player was not too hot coming to United I think we took a back seat and Real came in.

You can't force a player to come to play for you (I know SAF did it with Berba - literally pulled him from under City clutches) but if a player only comes for the money he won't be the player we need or want.

Jacob

Swedish newspaper reporting he's as good as signed for Real Madrid.

Ferguson

Echoes of the Benzema transfer last year. Like last time I believe SAF made enquiries as to the likely price and the players own intentions when it was clear that the player was not too hot coming to United I think we took a back seat and Real came in.

You can't force a player to come to play for you (I know SAF did it with Berba - literally pulled him from under City clutches) but if a player only comes for the money he won't be the player we need or want.
Berbatov turned down better money from City as I recall because he wanted to play for us.

The big fish eat the little fish ...

Plan M

World Cup star Mesut Ozil is hopeful of a move to the Primera Liga after learning that Real Madrid are interested in his services.

The Werder Bremen schemer has only 12 months to run on his current deal with the Weserstadion club after recently turning down a new contract offer.

The 21-year-old produced his best form for Germany during the World Cup finals where he was nominated for the Golden Ball after a string of impressive displays.

The north German club are likely to consider offers for him this summer, rather than risk losing him on a free transfer next year, but they have already turned down an offer from Real.

Ozil has also been linked with a move to Premier League giants Manchester United, but he now has his heart set on a move to Spain.

"When you have such an opportunity like this, then you want to take it," he said after his side's 4-0 win over Ahlen in the DFB-Pokal on Saturday.

"It is any footballer's dream to play for the biggest teams in Europe."

The attacking midfielder found out about Real's offer on television on Friday night and he is disappointed with his club for not informing him, even though they rejected it out of hand.

"I was very sad about that," he said.

"I have said that to (director of sport) Mr (Klaus) Allofs."

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I thought he 'dreamt' of playing for Barca? So much so thats he's going to play for their biggest rivals?!

Feedingseagulls

I cannot help considering the idea that SAF might have felt a greater inclination to sign Ozil if Chicharito had not had quite such an impressive summer himself.

Our Mexican is an easier fit into our team/squad, seems not to have a problematic ego or manipulative agents (touches wood), and is an excellent acquisition who looks like he may 'demand' more 1st team playing time this season than Fergie may have initially thought.

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
I honestly fear that the media, stress and competition would end up getting the better of Ol'Diego! I wouldn't want to see him develop a tumor or heart conditions so it's best he doesn't come to England, especially Villa...the entertainment value of having Diego in the EPL would admittedly, be priceless though!

Gareth Barry to Man City - 12M
James Milner to Man City - +-26M
Seeing Maradona go toe-toe with Arsene Wenger/SAF on the touchline...priceless!
:lol: I know right. Entertainment at its best. Wish he managed liverpool.

Damned if i can find the mains one.

posted at 11th August 2010, 13:46, we announced getting Bebe later that night. The one i did in the mains was prety much the same just a few months ago.
Aye, makes sense. Kudos.

It would make incredible car crash TV for the season.
Touche. :D

Gambit

Some sites claiming Werder have denied theres been a second bid.

Shimo

Thought that was regards to the first bid? Maybe my translators playing up.
If you believe that Madrid had made a bid during WC time - then perhaps the bid that rejected bid being discussedis the the 2nd one. Laillani earlier said it was "proof" of the 12m number mentioned by the Hoigenstein guy as being the amount bid.

The latest bid though seems to have come after his article if you believe Allofs earlier saying no bids had happened. The timeline then suggests this latest bid was just tabled.

Unless both parties RM and Werder were talking about a bid earlier in the summer being rejected.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
the only time ozil scored a goal was when the piece of bread he was eating let go of three small crumbles, and with his fingers he shot into one crumble that proceeded to pass in between the other two

one may behold the german sausage on the plate

Bearded but no genius

the only time ozil scored a goal was when the piece of bread he was eating let go of three small crumbles, and with his fingers he shot into one crumble that proceeded to pass in between the other two

What the hell is this?

MDFC Manager

:confused::confused:

Kelvin

if ozil goes to real no doubt the press will said he snub us.

izzydiggler

They already are.

Facts remain, Bremen only got one bid.
These days the clubs 'test the waters' and speak to players/representatives long before a bid is made. Honigstein claims that he doesn't really want to go to us or Chelsea, hence no bid, which would be a snub.

Whether it's true or not is a completely other matter.........probably won't matter to the papers printing it.

Gambit

I was right, Bremen have said they've received no improved offers from Madrid.

Gambit

But Allofs also said that he tought that an improved offer from Madrid would follow. He's always been relatively reserved about Özil bids so if he says that Madrid are probably close to making an improved bid, a deal is very likely.
Thats not important though, what matters is that I was right. Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.