Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
The Man Citeh forum seem to think so too..

Yeah the kid is a talented footballer, watched him in the u21 championships and thought he was awesome a natural replacement for Diego who went to Juve.

Hughes are you listening? :)

johnmufc

Class player. Already looking like one of Germany's best players at such a young age. Some lovely skill on display from Mesut against Russia.

Wan

Is he signing a new contract or what? Anybody think he can do the business for us?

Jaap

Is he signing a new contract or what? Anybody think he can do the business for us?
Last news were that Özil and Bremen have not reached an agreement yet - Bremen's manager Allofs did say in an interview that there was still time.

According to sources in Germany, he is willing to extend but if he performs in the World Cup like he has for Bremen and Germany this year, I doubt Werder can keep hold of him.

Quality player, does not tend to play the Hollywood balls - keeps it simple but still looks a genius.

Impressive stats this Bundesliga season:
15 games - 6 goals, 10 assists

A couple of days ago, kicker.de's poll revealed that he was voted the best player in the Bundesliga by its users.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Özil is on contract until 2011. He hasn't signed a new contract yet although they offered him one. Now Bremen's chairman Klaus Allofs came out and said Özil had to sign a new contract or they would sell him. They want a decision, but I guess Özil wants to leave.

Fergie really needs to buy him. He is one hell of a player and his value will raise after the World Cup, no matter how good he'll perform.

Ekeke

Agreed. He's brilliant and there arent too many names people have put forward, where I agree with them how good a player they are and how much they can improve the team. But with Ozil I dont believe the hype outweighs his talent and ability at all.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He looks very promising - tall, left footed, not selfish, excellent passing.

It'll cost us though, and Fergie's new value for money approach suggests we won't pay silly money for any player, regardless of potential.

So I don't see it happening.

FreakyJim

I thought he's more of an attacking midfielder, winger who plays on the left.

Yes, we've got Nani and Obertan, happy days.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
He looks very promising - tall, left footed, not selfish, excellent passing.

It'll cost us though, and Fergie's new value for money approach suggest we won't pay silly money for any player, regardless of potential.

So I don't see it happening.
He has just one year left and looking for how much money Diego left, I don't think they'll rob us. He is value on the market and currently one of the most promising players in the world who's already proved that he's more than just a nice new name.

Ekeke

Is he not another in the hole striker?

If yes, we dont need him.
He's gone in behind the strikers this season to make up for losing Diego in the summer. But he's proven himself on the wing in the past and is good on either flank, not just one or the other. He's creative with a finish, making him very dangerous in each role.

FreakyJim

He has just one year left and looking for how much money Diego left, I don't think they'll rob us. He is value on the market and currently one of the most promising players in the world who's already proved that he's more than just a nice new name.
that maybe true, but if he signs a new contract or if there's a competition for his signature (City, Chelsea, spanish cnuts) I'm not sure we'll be able to win a bidding war (or go into one for that matter).

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
He's gone in behind the strikers this season to make up for losing Diego in the summer. But he's proven himself on the wing in the past and is good on either flank, not just one or the other.
Add to that his player type. He's not just another good player, he has leading qualities, is creative and can win games on his own at times. Just exactly what we are lacking currently.

He's already a very good player and with a great manager and a bit luck he's gonna be huge.

Ekeke

that maybe true, but if he signs a new contract or if there's a competition for his signature (City, Chelsea, spanish cnuts) I'm not sure we'll be able to win a bidding war (or go into one for that matter).
Hopefully they'll have their attentions diverted away chasing the inferior David Silva...

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
For the Spanish clubs, he's not Galactico enough. Not yet. As for City or Chelsea, I don't see why we couldn't win a war. For sure, Bremen will want to sell to the highest bidder but it's a decision they can't make without Özil. Özil on the other hand wants to put his career on a higher level and I can't see him going to city. Mesut is very grounded and down-to-earth, doesn't give the impression to be a footballer who just seeks for more money.

Count Duckula

For the Spanish clubs, he's not Galactico enough. Not yet. As for City or Chelsea, I don't see why we couldn't win a war. For sure, Bremen will want to sell to the highest bidder but it's a decision they can't make without Özil. Özil on the other hands want to put his career on a higher level and I can't see him going to city. Mesut is very grounded and down-to-earth, doesn't give the impression to be a footballer who just seeks for more money.
Ah, but he's the perfect candidate for someone to go to City. They're obviously improving, he'd be surrounded by quality, and yet he'd definitely get game time - something he couldn't be so sure of at the other clubs.

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
For the Spanish clubs, he's not Galactico enough. Not yet. As for City or Chelsea, I don't see why we couldn't win a war. For sure, Bremen will want to sell to the highest bidder but it's a decision they can't make without Özil. Özil on the other hands want to put his career on a higher level and I can't see him going to city. Mesut is very grounded and down-to-earth, doesn't give the impression to be a footballer who just seeks for more money.
How good is he in comparison to Hamsik?

FreakyJim

I'm guessing Fergie will try to make something out of Obertan and Nani first. Could be too late for Nani, granted, but imo there's still hope if given a run of games.

Anduin

How good is he in comparison to Hamsik?
I haven't seen Hamsik often enough to judge him properly, but Ozil is the real deal. Best creative player (excluding Ribery) in the Bundesliga by a country mile, pace, dribbling, passing range, goal scoring - everything is there, though some skills are still raw. He would give us a very good option from set-pieces as well. Valencia on the one wing and him on the other :drool:

Cheltenham Red

Never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down
I haven't seen Hamsik often enough to judge him properly, but Ozil is the real deal. Best creative player (excluding Ribery) in the Bundesliga by a country mile, pace, dribbling, passing range, goal scoring - everything is there, though some skills are still raw. He would give us a very good option from set-pieces as well. Valencia on the one wing and him on the other :drool:
Thanks Anduin,I was interested as we have been linked with both and was wondering who would be the best fit for us.

Sod it lets get both and be greedy.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Ah, but he's the perfect candidate for someone to go to City. They're obviously improving, he'd be surrounded by quality, and yet he'd definitely get game time - something he couldn't be so sure of at the other clubs.
Well, you never know. Still, I don't think so. Özil comes from a very poor background. Turkish immigrants generally don't do very well in Germany. In average, they are poorer, have worse jobs and are less educated. Unfortunately.

Özil has done very well for himself and many Turkish people are incredibly proud of him, he epitomizes the American Dream for them. In Germany, ManCity are just the little club that's possessed by crazy rich Arab sheiks. I don't think they are able to gratify his hunger for reaching the absolute heights of football. He's a childhood supporter of Barcelona and has often said that he wants to play for them one day.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
This guy is top class and i do not normally say that about german players but he could go on be one hell of a player and seems to have the same drive and attitude like Ronaldo did but i'd think he isn't that much of a cnut though.

Although the only way we could sign him is if he has the real desire to play for United and wants to come to us or the money will lure him elsewhere.

VoetbalWizard

ozil is pick for 'young player' of the tournament in south africa. the lad is the bollocks. top class. i must say that i'd rather have hamsik but i ozil would be a great addition to united.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
his versatility would be a big plus both in terms of rotation and fluidity

oleonenumber20

yeah him and hamsik sound like the type of player we should be after. Is he ready to come straight into our 11?

doubt we will get wither mind

Mainoldo

yeah him and hamsik sound like the type of player we should be after. Is he ready to come straight into our 11?

doubt we will get wither mind
He would fit perfectly on the left, and Hamsik in the middle and we are looking very dangerous again... Even if we don't buy a lead striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.