Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergieisold

Tomorrows issue of SportBild will have a story about United and Juvenus chasing Ozil from Werder Bremen.

MOTWYW.

http://www.sportbild.de/sportbild/verzeichnis/index.html

'Man Utd und Juventus wollen EM-Star Özil'

Had to google that :lol:

What you know about him? I'm starting to think SAF will be investing in youth with a view to the future rather than splashing out silly money on a star player. If he can get Benzema/Ribery at 40million and under I think he might but if not we may well stay out of the transfer madness!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Another name,every agent in the world are trying to sell us somebody
I'm as sceptical about all these stories as anyone, but there may be a little truth in it. The player himself has said that United tried to buy him back in January 2008 for €5.5m but he wanted to stay in Germany at that point.

http://www.sportbild.de/sportbild/generated/article/fussball/2009/05/20/12690600000.html

Schon im Januar 2008, als Bremen den Techniker von Schalke für 5,5 Mio. Euro verpflichtet hatte, wollte auch Champions-League-Sieger Manchester United Özil kaufen. Das bestätigt der Nationalspieler erstmals auf Anfrage: "Natürlich war das eine große Ehre für mich, dass so ein großer Klub wie Manchester United mich haben wollte. Aber die Anfrage kam einen Tag vor Transferschluss. Und ich hatte Werder bereits mein Wort gegeben. Deshalb spielte damals das Ausland keine Rolle für mich."
=
One day before the transfer market closed... Manchester came up, but I gave me word to Bremen, and at this point leaving Germany was not the best point of time.

032Devil

From Sky:

Bremen - No offers for Ozil
Allofs says club are not looking to sell reported City target

By Thomas Zocher

Werder Bremen insist there have been no enquiries for Mesut Ozil after the midfielder was linked with Manchester City.

Ozil enjoyed an impressive season for Bremen and scored the winner in last weekend's German Cup final against Bayer Leverkusen.

He was also an influential figure in the club's run to the Uefa Cup final and reports have claimed Premier League big spenders City have shown an interest.

However, Bremen's general manager Klaus Allofs says there has not been an offer for the youngster and the club are hoping to tie Ozil down to a new contract.

"There is no enquiry on the table regarding Mesut Ozil," Allofs told Bild.

"But, when there is a player scoring the winning goal in the German Cup final who also appears in the Uefa Cup final, then it is quite a fact almost everyone is casting an eye over his abilities.

"We are currently in talks with Mesut regarding a new contract."

Allofs added: "I have to admit the officials from Juventus said Mesut would be a great talent back when we negotiated the transfer of Diego to their club.

"We said then that we do not plan to sell Mesut."

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Back in January:

He said: ''It's a big honour for me that such a great club like Manchester United wanted to buy me. But their offer came in too late - a day before the window closed - and I had already given Bremen my word.''

Seems like genuine interest, I hope so.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I hope not.. I don't know why but I seriously hope not.. He is very talented and all but I just don't think he is a player we should sign..

Anduin

Quality player he is. Pace, dribbling skills, vision... everything is there but still very raw. His passing is sloppy at times, but it improved dramatically over the last season. He also contributed three goals and 15 assists in his first full season at Bremen, mainly playing on the left and cutting inside.
He would be a more than decent signing, but let's see how he can cope with the pressure being the main creative man for the second biggest German club at the age of 20.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Quality player he is. Pace, dribbling skills, vision... everything is there but still very raw. His passing is sloppy at times, but it improved dramatically over the last season. He also contributed three goals and 15 assists in his first full season at Bremen, mainly playing on the left and cutting inside.
He would be a more than decent signing, but let's see how he can cope with the pressure being the main creative man for the second biggest German club at the age of 20.
am looking forward to that next season, and i reckon he will do well. i think playing next to diego was good for him, he seems to have matured a lot.

HsJ

Question being, is he better than Macheda/Welbeck?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Dunno. But he plays in a different position. Was the best player on the pitch tonight. Really impressive.

Is that article about us being interested in him NOW or just a mention of our bid from '08?
The player previously said we tried to buy him in 08. The article in the magazine in the OP claiming we were after him this year was new but there were no quotes.

Ekeke

Had seen him a couple of times before. Had him pegged as an agile dribbler with good creative passing but no shot.

Today he proved that wrong. He's a young star in the making for sure.

pigface

Supports
Atlanta United
Have had a soft spot for him since I saw a player special on him. Would like to see more of him as the main creative option before i would like to see hm at United. He is quality mind, just not sure if he would be ready for United right now.

Kaos

I remember the fuss regarding him and his national loyalties with Turkey and Germany in a tug-of-war for his representation.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I remember the fuss regarding him and his national loyalties with Turkey and Germany in a tug-of-war for his representation.
There are so many German players that are not even German by birth.. Same goes for France..

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Apart from missing a sitter from a yard out and not doing anything for about 80 minutes of the game.
He's like their fourth choice striker too.

Clearly has no idea what he's talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.