Metal Gear Solid Story - Contains Spoilers for V

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
As the other thread requires spoiler tags and there's not really been any good discussion for the story and the series going forward I thought I may as well make another thread.

I was listening to the Giant Bombcast today and Jeff mentioned something about how he thinks this wasn't actually planned to be the final game in the series and Kojima and co. started production of the game with potentially another 2 Metal Gear games to come after this. This is why the game didn't focus on the real Big Boss and his descent. He also said that Kojima said before that all the main games in the series will have normal numbers and Kojima had went for a fake sequel thing by using the numeral V (V for Venom?) and that it would be real shame if another game isn't made after this. So MGSV is kinda like a side game like peacewalker.

Also they said something about how Konami have started hiring people for a new metal gear game so I guess they will go on to make the rest without Kojima. It's not like he makes the whole game himself so the new ones should be similar and still good I hope if they retain a lot of the team.

Another point they made was that they should have just called Chapter 2 the epilogue instead as it led people to having too much expectation from a section of the game which was probably intended to just give greater depth to the story of the series in the whole.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bomb-presents/

I like the ending and it's cool how they managed to tie V and MG1 together with Venom Snake and I liked how they showed him right before he was about to be killed by Solid Snake (you can hear the gun fire in the background when he's listening to the tape). Also apparently in MG1 at the start Big Boss (the real one) is guiding Snake through the mission on a certain radio frequency and then near the end of the game when he turns on you the frequency changes (Venom Snake). Of course it's not like Kojima planned that but it's pretty interesting if that influenced his decision in creating Venom snake for this game. Also it can help explain how Big Boss managed to be a commander of Foxhound while running Outer Heaven at the same time. The real Big Boss went to Foxhound while Venom took over Outer Heaven which BB had built up during and after the events of MGSV.

There's also been some discussion about whether the conversation shown between Ocelot and Kaz occurred before or after the games events. If it happened before then it explains why Kaz was always so angry throughout the game as he feels betrayed by Big Boss and he stuck around to help Venom as like he said he would support Solid and Venom to screw Big Boss. Also when you kill someone on motherbase Kaz says 'I guess your not the Boss we thought you would be' which could be interpreted to suggest that he knew from the start.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There's also been some discussion about whether the conversation shown between Ocelot and Kaz occurred before or after the games events. If it happened before then it explains why Kaz was always so angry throughout the game as he feels betrayed by Big Boss and he stuck around to help Venom as like he said he would support Solid and Venom to screw Big Boss. Also when you kill someone on motherbase Kaz says 'I guess your not the Boss we thought you would be' which could be interpreted to suggest that he knew from the start.
I read somewhere (will try to dig up the source if I can find it) that after Ocelot sends Big Boss away to America and mentally trains Venom Snake to believe he is the Big Boss, he uses the same memory alteration on himself so once the missions start Ocelot has no idea that Venom is not the real Big Boss.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I loved every game uptil Mgs5 chapter 2 :/ that being said, Snake eater is one of my top five games

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I read somewhere (will try to dig up the source if I can find it) that after Ocelot sends Big Boss away to America and mentally trains Venom Snake to believe he is the Big Boss, he uses the same memory alteration on himself so once the missions start Ocelot has no idea that Venom is not the real Big Boss.
Yeah I remember the self-hypnosis thing Ocelot does to himself now although he does say that he has trained himself to remember again when the time is right or something like that. I guess that would suggest that the conversation was near the start of the game

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah I remember the self-hypnosis thing Ocelot does to himself now although he does say that he has trained himself to remember again when the time is right or something like that. I guess that would suggest that the conversation was near the start of the game
Not sure how that ties in with Eli though. Ocelot does a DNA comparison of Venom to Eli and concludes that Eli is not a result of Les Enfants Terribles project but Miller seems to be convinced by the report too, which makes no sense unless he was hypnotized as well.

If Miller had suspicion that Eli was liquid, which he does if you listen to the cassette tapes, along with knowing that Venom was not Big Boss he'd have helped the kids escape himself.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Not sure how that ties in with Eli though. Ocelot does a DNA comparison of Venom to Eli and concludes that Eli is not a result of Les Enfants Terribles project but Miller seems to be convinced by the report too, which makes no sense unless he was hypnotized as well.

If Miller had suspicion that Eli was liquid, which he does if you listen to the cassette tapes, along with knowing that Venom was not Big Boss he'd have helped the kids escape himself.
That's a good point. There's no way Miller would let Ocelot hypnotise him...I guess that means the conversation could only take place after the game when Ocelot remembers about the body double thing?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I found Quiet to be the most compelling story arc in V. And not just because I liked staring at her.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Not like anyone had a choice in that.

Kojima was zooming in on her tits every chance he got. Even during torture scenes which was just plain weird.
He also zoomed into Ismaels bum during the prologue so at least he's not sexist

vuc

First Team Serb
Guys, I need help with this.

Is it possible to get the last mission (46) without Quiet? I find it damn right annoying that you have to jump through so many hoops to unlock the last level.

Been trying to do every side mission thinking I could unlock it but no use.

Brocky

Guys, I need help with this.

Is it possible to get the last mission (46) without Quiet? I find it damn right annoying that you have to jump through so many hoops to unlock the last level.

Been trying to do every side mission thinking I could unlock it but no use.
Mission 46 being the 'Truth: The man who sold the world' mission, right?

I had to do a bit of Googling, as I got the mission without knowing it was a secret mission, but it seems that unlocking side-op 150 is the key. Have you got that?

To do that, you have to not kill Quiet in your initial encounter with her and you also have to not be using the butterfly emblem to block mission 43 occurring, where you lose her. You also have to have seen the cutscene where Emmerich gets exiled from Mother Base. That requires you've listened to all cassette tapes regarding him, apparently.

vuc

First Team Serb
Mission 46 being the 'Truth: The man who sold the world' mission, right?

I had to do a bit of Googling, as I got the mission without knowing it was a secret mission, but it seems that unlocking side-op 150 is the key. Have you got that?

To do that, you have to not kill Quiet in your initial encounter with her and you also have to not be using the butterfly emblem to block mission 43 occurring, where you lose her. You also have to have seen the cutscene where Emmerich gets exiled from Mother Base. That requires you've listened to all cassette tapes regarding him, apparently.
Correct.

Man I've done so much googling my head hurts.

Basically I have done the Side OP 150 already, and this is the issue - I don't think I can go back from here now, and there seems no way to get 46 - which fecking sucks tbh. If there was a disclaimer saying 'you will not get the full ending if you play this level' then I wouldn't do it, but Kojima has really fecked us here.

I've not listened to all of the tapes (I'm gonna try that now) and I have seen the Huey exile.