Gaming Metroid Dread (Nintendo Switch)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It’s out tomorrow. Alongside @Spoony I am very excited. Reviews are coming in and they’re very good (88 on metacritic so far).

Pre-ordered mine but now saying it could be anywhere between the 8th and 11th which is annoying. So may just cancel and nip into town tomorrow and pick it up.

Who else is planning on getting it?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I would have happily paid that for Hollow Knight - genuinely one of the best games I’ve ever played.
That's kinda the point though. There are so many amazing side scrolling metroidvania games out there now for less than half the price of Dread.

dinostar77

Will wait to pick up a pre owned copy from CEX or GAME. Reviews have been really good and I do love metroid games.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Will definitely get it eventually, reviews look great but I've got a fair few games to get through atm

£50 must sound like a steal for you, right ;)
:wenger:

To imagine a lot of us including myself played it for free on PS+! I'm gonna renew that sub forever just to keep playing this.
Yeah I got it free with PS Plus. I think full price was £14.99 or something stupid which is a steal. I would genuinely rank it in my top ten games of all time.

b82REZ

Ask my missus for it for my bday so won't be getting it until the start of November. Looking forward to it though.

Woodzy

Where from? Physical or digital?
Shopto physical on offer a few weeks ago. There was even a £25 offer at Currys not long before which I missed.

The point being that this game will definitely drop in price. Zelda or Mario are typically the bigger players, everything else usually drops but it’s up and down. Just a case of right place and right time.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Definitely getting this. I have warm and fuzzy memories of Super Metroid, which is the only one I played. This looks similar, but shiny.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ordered off GameStop as I had a voucher, delayed not for the first time from them in Ireland since brexit.

My OLED Switch will be with me tomorrow though

Spoony

The People's President
It’s very similar in style yes. Did you ever play Samus Returns? I’ve not played anymore Dread since my last messages because of work but I’m loading it up again soon.

Are you getting it today?
Probably getting it over to the weekend. Never played SR, is it similar? It's getting great reviews, if I were younger I'd have locked myself in a room to play it.