Micah Richards & Roy Keane's Road to Wembley

ZupZup

3 episodes in and they appear to have travelled about 6km from picking Roy up on Navigation Road to the Corner Cafe in Sale...

They make a really good duo... need a fly on the wall documentary where they both manage an amateur football team. It would be like good cop/bad cop.

Charlie Foley

That’s great. Roy Keane is genuinely so quick witted and Micah is so enthusiastic. I’d say he can lift some serious weights too…Roy looks like he hasn’t put on a pound since his playing days, fair play to him :lol:

FatTails

Summed up how I feel about social media: “Listen, I won’t be on it for much longer”

Yet we both continue to be on it :lol:

Devil81

Keane is comedy gold, he could genuinely do TV work.

Crouchy better watch his back, there is a new football funny man.

Last edited:

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Both these lads work really well together. It's very good!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not surprising to hear Roy pick Verratti as the midfielder he would want to play with! The Scholes regen we never got our hands on.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Didn’t enjoy episode one, it was just Micah’s annoying laugh.

Episode two was good, Keane is very naturally funny.

stu_1992

I watched the first 2 episodes of this earlier and it's very funny I must say. Keane is absolute great and the go off each other very well. I struggle to believe that this is Keane doing this though. :lol: Great choice in favorite film too.

cian68

It's so perfect his favourite movie is There Will Be Blood. 'I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.'

Green_Red

Keane is right in ep. 4 about Kanes leadership. Watching that last dance docuseries on Netflix at the minute and they were saying a similar thing in about Michael Jordan and him calling players our for their mistakes during games. You need someone reminding people about the standards, even in your day job.

Great little series that, some genuinely funny bits.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just watched all of these. Really good fun. These two are great together. Brilliant to hear Keane talk openly and show a more human side

dal

I think Keane is smart, he’s probably mellowed a bit as anyone would do as they get older and achieved what he has.

I genuinely believe though outside of football he’s probably like this, he seems to be one of the mates you have who only opens up to his close people.

I maybe wrong but he’s genuinely a funny guy, no wonder he used to count how many pints he could buy with his salary in the late nineties, he’d be cracking in the pub!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah, Roy comes across as a really nice, interesting and witty guy in these. Micah just laughs very hard and doesn't offer much beyond that. I know some people like him but he grates me and it kinda frustrates me how someone so untalented can make it so big. But good for him, I guess.

Lemansky

Yeah, Roy comes across as a really nice, interesting and witty guy in these. Micah just laughs very hard and doesn't offer much beyond that. I know some people like him but he grates me and it kinda frustrates me how someone so untalented can make it so big. But good for him, I guess.
Micah offers way more. He is the main reason Keane is participating and opening up. They have a superb chemistry. Great little series this.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Really enjoyed watching these - I've always thought Keane was a lovely bloke underneath it all with a very dry sense of humour and it's great to see Micah bring out that side of him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He’s a naturally warm and charming guy who seems very relaxed in front of the camera. That’s a talent in itself, which shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
That was funny and I always thought that Roy is not as miserable as he tends to appear

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It should, really. But we're in a society that idolizes mediocrity, so no surprise there.
Do you think? I would disagree. Loads of ex pros are stilted and wooden on camera. It’s definitely not something that comes naturally to everybody. Demeanour in front of the camera aside he’s definitely got some people skills, hence he charms Roy in a way that not many seem to manage.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Micah is clearly talented at this stuff. You can see him deliberately feeding setup lines to Keane, knowing he’ll be able to make something funny out of them. It’s deceptively difficult to do it well.

Devil81

3 episodes in and they appear to have travelled about 6km from picking Roy up on Navigation Road to the Corner Cafe in Sale...

They make a really good duo... need a fly on the wall documentary where they both manage an amateur football team. It would be like good cop/bad cop.
:lol:

I've been watching the scenery and they've drove through Sale about 5 times and up through Trafford park a few.

They must have been driving the same roads all day!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’s a naturally warm and charming guy who seems very relaxed in front of the camera. That’s a talent in itself, which shouldn’t be taken for granted.
Beyond that I think he’s just quite sensible and doesn’t think he knows everything. His comment on wanting to play with Veratti was nice. A slightly left field choice. But then a bit of self reflection when he said they’d probably be rubbish in the same team as they’d be trying to do the same things.

I don’t think he cares about being wrong, and he doesn’t seem to get embarrassed. More than that he probably accepts it’s all just opinions.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Beyond that I think he’s just quite sensible and doesn’t think he knows everything. His comment on wanting to play with Veratti was nice. A slightly left field choice. But then a bit of self reflection when he said they’d probably be rubbish in the same team as they’d be trying to do the same things.

I don’t think he cares about being wrong, and he doesn’t seem to get embarrassed. More than that he probably accepts it’s all just opinions.
That was Keane who said that. Pogue was talking about Richards.

SirAF

Ageist
I love Keane’s attitude to friends. “Why do you need to go to each other’s house’s”? A question I’ve always wanted to ask my wife but never put into words.
100% agree :D

Brilliant watch it was!