Micah Richards - The Pundit

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never understood this thinking, if a club and player enter into a contract then they're both agreeing its good for them - or do you think if Richards had done amazing at Villa he could rip up his contract and sign for a better club for free?
It's clueless isn't it.
He might have 50 more years to live and had no guarantee he'd land a plum pundit job.
So it'd be beyond foolish to write off his final contract on huge money.

mdmd

Supports
Man City
Well he's better than Mike Summerbee and they used to have him on so maybe he is the best.Just thinking who else they could have:

Joey Barton? Busy with management/convicted criminal/ due in court again soon.

Keith Curle? Would actually be interested to see if he's any good but again busy with management. As a manager part of his job is to communicate football concepts so you might expect him to be decent on tv.

Vincent Kompany? Coaching in Belgium.

Trevor Sinclair has done some punditry I think but was involved in a high profile court case, kind of goes against him.

Peter Beagrie has done a fair amount of tv work but I think he's fallen out of favour a bit and they probably want someone a bit more recent and more famous.

Joleon Lescott? Possibly.

Richard Dunne is apparently with rivals BT although I don't actually remember hearing him.

Craig Bellamy? Knobhead.

Schmeichel or Given although you don't really think of City when you think of them.

Rodney Marsh would probably be considered too old now but has experience.

Paul Walsh? Another blast from the past.

I'm out of ideas.
Zabaleta ? Fan favorite and almost retired if not. Speaks well on most stuff I've seen him on.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don’t like him, could put up with his shit punditry, most of the pundits just talk crap for headlines or drama and even his over the top obvious biasedness but he just appears to have a smug big headedness about him and that fake laugh, nah

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
If Sky can broadcast each game on a separate channel with the crowd noise muted, can't they do the same with Micah Richards?

Petitions.org, here I come...

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's awful. Manages to talk too much and yet say absolutely nothing.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Well he's better than Mike Summerbee and they used to have him on so maybe he is the best.Just thinking who else they could have:

Joey Barton? Busy with management/convicted criminal/ due in court again soon.

Keith Curle? Would actually be interested to see if he's any good but again busy with management. As a manager part of his job is to communicate football concepts so you might expect him to be decent on tv.

Vincent Kompany? Coaching in Belgium.

Trevor Sinclair has done some punditry I think but was involved in a high profile court case, kind of goes against him.

Peter Beagrie has done a fair amount of tv work but I think he's fallen out of favour a bit and they probably want someone a bit more recent and more famous.

Joleon Lescott? Possibly.

Richard Dunne is apparently with rivals BT although I don't actually remember hearing him.

Craig Bellamy? Knobhead.

Schmeichel or Given although you don't really think of City when you think of them.

Rodney Marsh would probably be considered too old now but has experience.

Paul Walsh? Another blast from the past.

I'm out of ideas.
:lol:

All true!

In all seriousness, though, Joe Hart and Zabaleta have been on before and both weren’t terrible. Is Shaun Wright-Phillips still knocking about? Gareth Barry? Niall Quinn is pretty okay when doing punditry.

Literally anybody but Richards at this stage!

mu4c_20le

Never understood this thinking, if a club and player enter into a contract then they're both agreeing its good for them - or do you think if Richards had done amazing at Villa he could rip up his contract and sign for a better club for free?
He mugged them, end of. Nothing else more to say

DRM

I'm warming to him, seems like a genuinely nice bloke

Cantona in disguise

All true!

In all seriousness, though, Joe Hart and Zabaleta have been on before and both weren’t terrible. Is Shaun Wright-Phillips still knocking about? Gareth Barry? Niall Quinn is pretty okay when doing punditry.

Literally anybody but Richards at this stage!
Niall quinn is one of the worst

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's a fun guy, but not someone I'm interested in listening to for analysis. He gets torn to shreds on the CBS Sports panel during the CL. Literally everyone including the host has a pop at him and he laughs it off. He's just a giant punching bag on there.

Litch

Shockingly poor and I suspect a level of tokenism......

El Zoido

He’s a rubbish pundit but seems like quite a nice guy. Listening to him is like white noise, sometimes I just mute my TV and turn my tower fan on next to me and you can barely tell the difference.

mu4c_20le

Honestly think he offers the least out of all the pundits, but is likable and all that

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s thick as pig sh**. Also ridiculously biased towards city, just a generally awful pundit.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He wasn’t being up himself at all, he said when he burst on to the scene and Keane took issue with it. Richards was the youngest defender to play for England, turned down a move to champions Chelsea as a teenager. Keane was just being an arse for no reason. If you hear Richards talk he’s very down to earth and humble, I remember at City he openly admitted Zabaleta deserved to be ahead of him several times.
I don’t think there’s any bad blood between Keane and Richards, and that “burst onto the scene” thing was more changing room banter that all these pundits are well versed in. As such, you’re getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Can't help but like him personally. I agree i find his opinions biased to suit the teams he prefers but i thought it was absolutely hysterical when he was gut wrench laughing at Roy Keane begrudgingly nodding at allowing the Villa players to celebrate staying up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shockingly poor and I suspect a level of tokenism......
They're definitely looking at this angle both on anti racism and sexism grounds but i think Micah is just a unique character and an actual Man City ex player.

They need a few to balance out the traditional big teams.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I find him very likeable to be honest. Similar to Evra, he's great when on with Keane
A superb foil to Keane in so many ways.
He has a real future.

Insightful comments aren't why we have top name ex pros.

Classical Mechanic

I like him but then I like Mcmanaman, Keane, Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves.

I like Mcmanaman because he seems like a decent normal bloke.
I like Keane because he’s gloriously bitter
I like Owen because he's wonderfully vapid
What I like about Hargreaves is how he lavishes the most ridiculously over the top praise on pretty much every player in a tone of total disgust
I think Richards fits into this type of pundit group perfectly.

OL29

I like him but then I like Mcmanaman, Keane, Michael Owen and Owen Hargreaves.

I like Mcmanaman because he seems like a decent normal bloke.
I like Keane because he’s gloriously bitter
I like Owen because he's wonderfully vapid
What I like about Hargreaves is how he lavishes the most ridiculously over the top praise on pretty much every player in a tone of total disgust
I think Richards fits into this type of pundit group perfectly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A superb foil to Keane in so many ways.
He has a real future.

Insightful comments aren't why we have top name ex pros.
Micah Richards is hardly a top name.

I haven't actually seen his punditry. All the clips just have him laughing.