Micah Richards - The Pundit

Chief123

Thats what annoys me. In the middle of the game at Anfield hes talking about City winning the league when Utd is drawing at a ground thst City get annualy bent over at.
Yeah that was nonsense. He was talking about how Utd should be going to win the game at anfield and he’s disappointed with us.

Well if we go and do what his beloved Pep and City do there every time, then you come away with getting pumped 3-1! I don’t believe Pep has won a game there in the league yet.

Chief123

He wasn't wrong though in the context of Burnley going there and getting a result.

We were disappointing with our final passes against Liverpool and should have won. A City side with KDB goes there and wins quite comfortably at present IMO
This logic have never sat well with me. I’ve seen a number of people online using Burnley’s win as a reason why Utd should have won there as well.

That’s not how it always works. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Liverpool will always raise their game against us more than anyone else.

Both games were totally different context. It was clear against us that Liverpool were not playing as high a line as they normally do. They were dropping at least 10-20 yards deeper in fear of our counter attack. Against Burnley, they played their usual high line due to lack of pace in Burnley team.

Every game has its own context. It’s not like Burnley gave them a hiding and were clear deserved winners. Game could easily have gone in Liverpool’s favour if one of the 500 crosses they put in falls to the right player.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This logic have never sat well with me. I’ve seen a number of people online using Burnley’s win as a reason why Utd should have won there as well.

That’s not how it always works. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Liverpool will always raise their game against us more than anyone else.

Both games were totally different context. It was clear against us that Liverpool were not playing as high a line as they normally do. They were dropping at least 10-20 yards deeper in fear of our counter attack. Against Burnley, they played their usual high line due to lack of pace in Burnley team.

Every game has its own context. It’s not like Burnley gave them a hiding and were clear deserved winners. Game could easily have gone in Liverpool’s favour if one of the 500 crosses they put in falls to the right player.
I wasn't using it as logic.I was using it as a reference point and I could have used WBA,Newcastle,Southampton to point out that they aren't all that right now. However some seem to think it was a point well gained as if we're some relegation candidates that should be satisfied with it.

They were very one dimensional and it was 2 points thrown away

Chief123

I wasn't using it as logic.I was using it as a reference point and I could have used WBA,Newcastle,Southampton to point out that they aren't all that right now. However some seem to think it was a point well gained as if we're some relegation candidates that should be satisfied with it.

They were very one dimensional and it was 2 points thrown away
I get where you’re coming from mate and I too felt it was such a big opportunity to win at anfield. But that feeling only developed as the game went on. Before the game, not a single pundit or fan would say we were favourites to win the game. We would all have snapped your hand off for a draw before the game.

Football just works in mysterious ways. Similar to how Arsenal were so crap yet we managed to lose to them at home and everyone else was pumping them.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
like a little kid that ate too much sugar

out of control and obnoxious

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
He's annoying

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
When he calms himself down he is fine. He was talking about Fulham cb partnership as well as anyone else was
Yeah I don't think I have a problem with his opinions or substance, I just had a bit of a headache and really wanted him stop constantly laughing so loud for a second

Kazi

He’s likeable and doesn’t take himself too seriously, so that makes him fine in my book

Could be worse.. he could actually think he knows what he’s talking about (like Redknapp)

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Loved his sharp suit and shoes on Sky, but loved Keano calmly jibing him for being cocky pre-match at the end of the post-match discussion.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's kind of a nice ploy to go with Roy Keane. Instead of someone like Redknapp or Souness who like to sit on a high chair, he can make and take a joke at his own expense, which makes it lot more lighthearted. Not exactly as good as the Neville and Carragher bromance but still something nice in the studio.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wasn't laughing tonight though was he.

He's really going to struggle in life when City's money/owners/Pep disappear and they sink back down a bit. If he can't handle one defeat after winning for months on end and being top of the league by miles!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's kind of a nice ploy to go with Roy Keane. Instead of someone like Redknapp or Souness who like to sit on a high chair, he can make and take a joke at his own expense, which makes it lot more lighthearted. Not exactly as good as the Neville and Carragher bromance but still something nice in the studio.
Yeah, he combines being one of the more astute pundits with also coming across as genuinely likeable. It’s a rare combination. Even Keane seems fond of him and he despises everyone.

Wasn't laughing tonight though was he.

He's really going to struggle in life when City's money/owners/Pep disappear and they sink back down a bit. If he can't handle one defeat after winning for months on end and being top of the league by miles!
unfortunately they aren’t going anywhere. Like Chelsea, it’s not just the team they’ve invested in, but the infrastructure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
unfortunately they aren’t going anywhere. Like Chelsea, it’s not just the team they’ve invested in, but the infrastructure.
Not expecting them to do a Blackburn, but they'll definitely have seasons they're not rinsing the rest. They had a relative version of that last year.

dal

Keane are Micah are brilliant.

Keanes a known wum, he set redknapp up last week, I think Micah knew what he was going to say but fancied a crack with it anyway.

Keane is box office though, I actually think he’s okay with people thinking some of his comments are not quite on the money because I actually think he uses those comments to set traps.

Im probably overthinking it but it’s almost as if Micah makes him more watchable. Micah gets him like no other pundit:lol:

Keane are Micah are brilliant.

Keanes a known wum, he set redknapp up last week, I think Micah knew what he was going to say but fancied a crack with it anyway.

Keane is box office though, I actually think he’s okay with people thinking some of his comments are not quite on the money because I actually think he uses those comments to set traps.

Im probably overthinking it but it’s almost as if Micah makes him more watchable. Micah gets him like no other pundit:lol:
classic straight man, and funny man double act.

Oldyella

Yeah, he combines being one of the more astute pundits with also coming across as genuinely likeable. It’s a rare combination. Even Keane seems fond of him and he despises everyone.
Its amazing the impact just not taking yourself so seriously can have. Souness sticks out when it's the three of them.

Cast5

Can’t stand the bloke, always shouting a load of nonsense, loved seeing him get humbled after the derby.

Where’s Paddy Evra gone? Far better pundit who doesn’t just sit there screaming and waving his arms about.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s rubbish. Nice fella but there’s no insight whatsoever, always Talks about himself and it would be nice if he was somewhere near as funny as he pretends to be. I don’t see the point in him, really.

hubbuh

He definitely doesn't take himself too seriously which is nice, but he's not actually funny enough to compensate for his lack of insights. If Keane wasn't there to add that dynamic Micah would be basically pointless (and quite annoying). He's not the worst pundit though so he's got that going for him.

Acole9

Outstanding
Him and Keane should be a comedy act. It's a bit cringe the way he talks about City.

youngrell

Does his best Mike Summerbee impression on derby days.

Seems like a laugh but is a bit precious sometimes, too.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He definitely got rattled by Keane on Sunday with the petty response of "lets see where you (United) end up after the season (compared to City)".

People have been kissing City's backside for the past few months and one little moment of criticism brought the bitterness out in the guy.

bsCallout

Think he's pretty decent in that he seems to give an insight into what current players think and feel, not living in the 90s like Keane where you can't have feelings.

Tactically he offers no insights but as long as there is someone else in the lineup that does then it doesn't matter.