Micah Richards - The Pundit

Coops73

He’s rubbish. Nice fella but there’s no insight whatsoever, always Talks about himself and it would be nice if he was somewhere near as funny as he pretends to be. I don’t see the point in him, really.
I’m with you, he has an infectious laugh but apart from that offers little else in my opinion.

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
Still rather have him than pretty much every one of his colleagues.

RC89

Offers no less than Keane and a refreshing personality.

darko

He’s likeable and doesn’t take himself too seriously, so that makes him fine in my book

Could be worse.. he could actually think he knows what he’s talking about (like Redknapp)
The worst is Don Hutchison and Craig Burley.

ReallyUSA

Love him. Knowledge, experience, and doesn't take himself too serious even though he probably could.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Clearly the right call as this thread proves.

Cant understand it myself. He offers zero insight, at best terrible pub banter and just spends half the time laughing at himself.

Lovely bloke, but dull.

Needham

Keane has a soft spot for him because there's no threat there. Micah Richards starting to pundit on his watch is like a tetrosexual eunuch appearing in the wet sauna when there's only you and your piece there.

Needham

Keane has a soft spot for him because there's no threat there. Micah Richards starting to pundit on his watch is like a tetrosexual eunuch appearing in the wet sauna when there's only you and your piece there.

Dan_F

I think a lot of people don’t really want tactical insight from pre/post game stuff now. You can get that anywhere online, I’m all up for a bit of humour to lighten the mood.

I’d much rather it to BT’s version, which is just to go for the most controversial topic possible and hammer it for the whole post game.

I’ll still never understand why they moved Neville from the studio to commentary. It must have been something he asked for.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think sky have it spot on with Keane and Richards. I don’t care for post match analysis or tactical insight. Just give me soundbites I can laugh at and hyperbolic opinions.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think sky have it spot on with Keane and Richards. I don’t care for post match analysis or tactical insight. Just give me soundbites I can laugh at and hyperbolic opinions.
yep I agree, I'd rather Monday Night Football was extended for analysis and tactical insight

dal

Well Keane and Neville thought city had regressed badly early in the season Micah hailed our performance and said it’s too early to tell.

Neville thus retracted his statement to agree with Micah.

He’s a very good pundit, speaks well and is intelligent, his bubbly character doesn’t hide that. I really like him even though he is citeh.

I do think he has respect for Roy as well and is reciprocated.

Unlike Jamie hysterical redknapp.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
its embarassing that he goes on about that bursting onto the scene and winning the premier league and fa cup once opposite neville and keano. The look on their faces
I think on some level he knows he’s probably not the most qualified for the role so is trying to justify it.

Jezpeza

I think on some level he knows he’s probably not the most qualified for the role so is trying to justify it.
i think he is alright. He's not that experienced as a pundit yet and hasn't been in coaching or management. I’ve liked some of his stuff where he has talked about it from a players perspective but i think he is more suited to match of the day 2 and football focus.

to be honest though, shearer is always on motd. Have you seen his ‘tactical breakdowns’ where he literally just says what is happening ‘so fernandes gets the ball in the middle of the park and plays a pass wide to shaw. He beats his man and plays in a cross and Cavani is arriving to head it in the goal’. Great analysis alan, i forgot i had eyes.

cyberman

He always tries his best to slip City into conversations when Utd are playing well or being praised.

arnie_ni

So bitter at the suggestion Kane might pick United over City :lol:
I don't think it's bitterness. If kane has the choice and is really leaving for trophies, he'll choose city.

It depends if he fancies being the man to bring United back to the top.

SwedishFish

I don't think it's bitterness. If kane has the choice and is really leaving for trophies, he'll choose city.

It depends if he fancies being the man to bring United back to the top.
That is, if City are in for Kane.

The Hilton

He's understandably bricking it at the idea of United getting Kane - we get a top striker like that and we're gonna be right up there next season

RedDevilRoshi

He's understandably bricking it at the idea of United getting Kane - we get a top striker like that and we're gonna be right up there next season
Exactly the same way I seen it when they were discussing the potential prospect of Kane being a Utd next season. Didn’t want to admit it but he knows hence why he kept bringing City into the conversation.

SwedishFish

Ie if kane has the choice.

I can't see why they wouldn't be though.

Hes perfect for either of us
Think the main thing would be the sheer cost of such a transfer. Wouldn't be in line with City's transfer policy but yes, he'd be great for both teams obviously.

Maybe even stronger for United since City doesn't rely as much on a CF in their way of setting up but still, he's a fantastic player to have in your team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So bitter at the suggestion Kane might pick United over City :lol:
He tried to suggest that United are still "rebuilding" and that he might as well stay at Tottenham who also are.

As if there's only 2 states in football - rebuilding and finished article, with no differences in the "Journey".

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ie if kane has the choice.

I can't see why they wouldn't be though.

Hes perfect for either of us
I'd worry a little about Kane. He's had a spell without injuries for a while, but he does seem to have one major ankle injury a season.
Add in 100m minimum as a fee, even in covid times, and the way he seems to spend half his time in the centre circle these days, and I think it's a dangerous move.

Can't see us even looking his way to be honest. It's Haaland or Sancho or bust. Can't see Haaland coming to England either.

cyberman

Watching him now, he never shuts up. He takes over every conversation and hes the least interesting on that panel

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's ok, and who else are they going to have for City coverage for goodness sake?
Danny Mills?

Wilt

What’s going on with Micah’s hair, tape on forehead? ...I can’t work it out

Andersons Dietician

Watching him now, he never shuts up. He takes over every conversation and hes the least interesting on that panel
A panel with Shearer and Cole and you reckon he’s the least interesting? The other two are personality vacuums, they make Paul Scholes look like the life of the party.

cyberman

A panel with Shearer and Cole and you reckon he’s the least interesting? The other two are personality vacuums, they make Paul Scholes look like the life of the party.
Id rather listen to Sheaer and Cole when discussing football. Shearer especially who has come on leaps and bounds since he started pundrity.
The producers literally tried to mute Micah, you could hear him in the background from someone elses mic and had to bring him back up because he was still talking.

Andersons Dietician

Id rather listen to Sheaer and Cole when discussing football. Shearer especially who has come on leaps and bounds since he started pundrity.
The producers literally tried to mute Micah, you could hear him in the background from someone elses mic and had to bring him back up because he was still talking.
Every time I’ve seen Micah give opinions on proper football things and not just joking around he’s made good points, sensible points, makes good suggestions and not the obvious rubbish people like Hoddle and Shearer parrot.

Genuinely Micah to me is one of the best pundits around with Alex Scott and Danny Higginbottom and Hargreaves. They have proper opinions and thought out reasoning compared to the rest of the sheep that just say cliche after cliche.

cyberman

Every time I’ve seen Micah give opinions on proper football things and not just joking around he’s made good points, sensible points, makes good suggestions and not the obvious rubbish people like Hoddle and Shearer parrot.

Genuinely Micah to me is one of the best pundits around with Alex Scott and Danny Higginbottom and Hargreaves. They have proper opinions and thought out reasoning compared to the rest of the sheep that just say cliche after cliche.
He may well do, its not my cup of tea but it doesnt lessen the annoyance of interrupting everybody elses point and attempting to take over every conversation. That last half hour was ridculous

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
First Pickford, now Kepa. What’s with the goalkeepers going for Soprano tribute act hairstyles? :lol: