Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Fantastic player but can't see him playing week in week out at the premier league level. All those muscles injuries seemed to have caught up to him last season, atleast now we have better alternatives than Daley Blind.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he was still brilliant today, will no doubt play a very key role this year

Walters_19_MuFc

The disguise he puts on his passes is just class. Still going to be one of our main players for the upcoming season.

NoPace

He's so smart and technically solid in possession. Has to play whenever he's healthy and we're up against high-pressing or top quality.

goin4glory

Away from home in big games I'd like to see us line up with Carrick/Schneriderlin in a 4-2-3-1, super solid and hard to beat. Otherwise I think him and Schneiderlin should rotate as the single DM in a 4-3-3.

kundalini

Looked off the pace for much of the tour. Passing miles below his usual standard. Got us in trouble several times with awful passes at various point throughout the tour.

kundalini

Didn't watch the game. How did he get on with Bastian?
They didn't combine a great deal. The big problem was the lack of cover whenever PSG hit us on the break; either they were incorrectly positioned or they didn't have the legs, probably a combination of the two. Defensively they look a painfully slow combination.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Didn't watch the game. How did he get on with Bastian?
Defensively, I think the bigger problem was the center back but they were a bit slow in terms of closing down between the two of them. Nothing wrong with either on the ball though IMO, and we looked a lot more threatening in the first half compared to the second.

Walters_19_MuFc

They didn't combine a great deal. The big problem was the lack of cover whenever PSG hit us on the break; either they were incorrectly positioned or they didn't have the legs, probably a combination of the two. Defensively they look a painfully slow combination.
Defensively, I think the bigger problem was the center back but they were a bit slow in terms of closing down between the two of them. Nothing wrong with either on the ball though IMO, and we looked a lot more threatening in the first half compared to the second.
Thanks guys.

Lack of dynamism was my worry when playing the both of them. I mean, when it comes to keeping the ball, theres not many better, but they wont give you a whole lot of energy, which is why Schneiderlin has to start next to one of them, in my opinion.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thanks guys.

Lack of dynamism was my worry when playing the both of them. I mean, when it comes to keeping the ball, theres not many better, but they wont give you a whole lot of energy, which is why Schneiderlin has to start next to one of them, in my opinion.
With Schneiderlin next to Carrick, it's too defensive still. With Schweinsteiger at least we look pretty creative and can pass it around quickly, but that goes away with Schneiderlin. Herrera is the key one IMO that has to partner them for it to work. He offers the creative, forward thinking from midfield that none of the others have along with having more energy and being quicker then the others.

Devil may care

With Schneiderlin next to Carrick, it's too defensive still. With Schweinsteiger at least we look pretty creative and can pass it around quickly, but that goes away with Schneiderlin. Herrera is the key one IMO that has to partner them for it to work. He offers the creative, forward thinking from midfield that none of the others have along with having more energy and being quicker then the others.
I agree, we should use Carrick/Herrera and Schneiderlin/Schweini as the partnerships if we want a good balance at the base of the midfield.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd be over the moon if Herrera was played as the 8, but with Van Gaal wanting two defensive mids in front of thr back four, that's looking unlikely.

As for creativity, I dont think Van Gaals massively bothered about his defensive midfielders being creative. Yes, they need to move the ball around quick and be able to switch play, but they first and foremost, need to be defensively capable. Creativity needs to come from the four ahead of the defensive mids, hence why he probably said he needs a 'Hazard type player'.

darioterios

might be dropped if the coach persists with 4-3-3 point forward. he is the best as the lone pivote, but that may not be used much this season

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
might be dropped if the coach persists with 4-3-3 point forward. he is the best as the lone pivote, but that may not be used much this season
Even if he's dropped, I still think he'll see plenty of playing time this season. There'll be teams when we probably do go Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Carrick, and even if we don't, Carrick will get some game time since it's unlikely that Schweinsteiger will manage to play every game - he'll feature regularly, but probably miss plenty.

darioterios

There'll be teams when we probably do go Schneiderlin/Schweinsteiger/Carrick,
won't be, ever. surely LvG wants to experiment, he knows where the limit is though
the classic Alonso - Bastian conundrum which the whole world has warned about

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
won't be, ever. surely LvG wants to experiment, he knows where the limit is though
the classic Alonso - Bastian which the whole world has warned about
It'll be very rare, but I do think it's possible that we'll see that combo every so often, even if it's just when LVG wants us to comfortably control/see out a game.

darioterios

It'll be very rare, but I do think it's possible that we'll see that combo every so often, even if it's just when LVG wants us to comfortably control/see out a game.
twitching arse predicted if so. teams can easily bombard that midfield and create chances

Bojan11

Started sloppy along with the team. After the goal was very good and was pressing high.

Devil may care

Surprised that he was advancing beyond Schneiderlin in the first half, solid tidy start.

darioterios

Class as usual. Looked a bit leggy in the second half, which I guess is why Van Gaal replaced him.
yeah. his freshness's the thing we need, plan ahead for the UCL game. also have Bastian now so it's easier to pull him out when suitable
"one of the worst players, invisible" apparently

Sid234

Made some great intercetions as well. We really got back in the game once he started venturing forward, closing down players and cutting out passes. Played very intelligently, allowed Schneiderlin to do the running around and dirty work while he took up great positions and dictated the tempo of the game.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Made some great interceptions, I was thinking it well done Schneiderlin but then saw multiple times it was Carrick. It will be interesting to see if he can remain our no 1 choice.
Thought the same. I'd like to see how many he made in the 1st half: seemed like several.

kundalini

Thought the same. I'd like to see how many he made in the 1st half: seemed like several.
Carrick made 4 interceptions, all in the first half. Schneiderlin made 3, one of which was in the first half.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...r-stats/2404/3_DEFENCE_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...yer-stats/2404/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

The main difference between them in terms of stats was Schneiderlin's 5 fouls conceded and 5 successful tackles - Carrick no fouls and 1 successful tackle.

Sam

Played well, but I don't like the way LVG is using him.

At his age, he should be able to sit back and control the game, with two runners proving the 'legs'. Not having to charge around in a 2 man midfield.

Bwuk

Played well, but I don't like the way LVG is using him.

At his age, he should be able to sit back and control the game, with two runners proving the 'legs'. Not having to charge around in a 2 man midfield.
I think we'll eventually see sense and revert to 433 with Carrick deepest.

Status
Not open for further replies.