Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Was defensively very good aside from that one misplaced pass.

Has been a great player for us and I'm chuffed he's got the FA cup to add to his tally as well.

Now for a new contract!

M Bison

Supports
York City
Sign him up, terrible decision to let him go.

Pleased for him to win the trophy and shame his header didn't go in.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Was good. Should have scored, though.

Great to see him lift the trophy which should be a fitting farewell.

TypeR

Legs are gone. Was painfully evident today as the game wore on. But can still pick a pass. Has he gotten a testimonial from us? Wouldn't hurt to have him as a squad player and an experienced old head for the young 'uns. Can still do a job against teams who park the bus though (which is most of them).

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Started off badly but got better as the game went on. I'd still give him a new contract because having experience and another midfielder around is helpful, especially when we are likely going to go through even more changes in the summer. Just as long as we don't expect him to be first choice then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. However if it is his last game then it's nice he could complete his collection.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Thank you Michael. The most underrated Man Utd player of this generation. He won it all with us.

Deserves a tesimonial summer send off. 45 mins each half job with his new team (whoever that may be).

Member 55725

Good player technically but a weak minded man and I hope it's the last we see of him. Good way to end his career though so he should be happy. Retire on a high.

DenisIrwin

Whoscored gave him the lowest rating of all of our players apart from Smalling. I think that's fair. Bye bye.

Djemba-Djemba

I think it's the right time for him to leave, he's struggled this season.

Still been our best central midfielder of course but that's more an indictment of his competition.

Lovely way for him to bow out, lifting the FA Cup and completing his medal collection. He's been a great servant to the club.

Devil may care

Really struggled today but was decent in extra time. I thought it was interesting that Rooney shared his first trophy lift as Captain with him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Those who say let him go, you don't keep him to continue playing him every week you keep him around for his experience and what he can (and will) still bring to the club

He deserves to end his career here, still underrated 10 years after we signed him

Ace of Spades

I think it is time to say goodbye. Rooney now in midfield means we should not have too many passengers.

We need better starting CMs, and for squad player I rather have our youngsters given a chance.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You have to know when to let players go and move on. It is time. 10 fantastic years.

Manny

Grammar Police
So glad he got to to lift the trophy. Not sure how its decided but props to the club and Rooney for making it happen.

I fecking love the guy. He's been a wonderful servant.

Manny

Grammar Police
Carrick just said Wayne offered to share lifting the trophy.

Classy from Wayne

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Would be ridiculous to let him go. Even if we just use him for Europa games in the main.

Boycott

Poor first half where he uncharacteristically was sloppy and got turned over in dangerous areas. Grew into it as it went on. Shame he missed that sitter as was a lovely run and a great way to sign off.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Last couple of games he's been taking more shots at goal, like he is wanting to sign off in style. Wish he would take a chance more often as he has a good shot on him.
I would still keep him on for another season if he wants to stay

MoskvaRed

A very underrated player who was the main victim of the "let's not have any competent or fit midfielders" policy. But it's time for him to head off, which is what I assumed Rooney was signalling by the joint trophy lifting.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unbelievable at his age to be playing so well for 120 minutes especially after playing midweek. He's been brilliant for us and I hope to not see him playing for a different club next season. He should stay with us.

bri2013

Whoscored gave him the lowest rating of all of our players apart from Smalling. I think that's fair. Bye bye.
Well, If whoscored said he was crap, it must be true!! Yay! Personally, I prefer to make my own mind up based on what I actually see.

Sylar

I hope we give him a one year contract, but not have him as a starter. Nothing wrong with having a luxury player with experience to help transition new signings.

PepsiCola

I wouldn't want to keep him around another season. The club really does need to move out of the Fergie era as sad as it may be.

However it was a fantastic send off for a fantastic servant to the club, has been instrumental the past 10 years. I remember getting my second united shirt (the anniversary one with the shield crest) with the number 16.

Name Changed

weso26
We need some energy in midfield. I wouldn't mind him staying around for a season but he should be nowhere near being a starter.

Golden Nugget

Loved that burst to the box near the end of the game... 34 years old and still had the energy to do so. Wasn't his best game but no way was he the worst player on the pitch. I really hope that wasn't the final game for us.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I hope he stays - we've not yet been able to find his successor (though Blind maybe would have a chance if the we invest in a dedicated centre-back to free him up), so there's no reason in my view to let him go right now. Even if we recruit his successor this summer, then having Carrick whilst the new guy settles in would be sensible, and would give us a reliable option when injuries inevitably strike.

He doesn't have to be first choice, but I would trust him in many games next season and I appreciate and value what he has brought to the club these last 10 years.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
The guys pretty much won every trophy imaginable for us. Nothing but respect for him. I think he could be useful in a sub role next season, but if not a nice testimonial it is (hopefully the club doesn't mess that up).

dove

Paddy Crerand just said on MUTV that Carrick has extended his contract. Hopefully it's true, I feel he would still be a good squad player for us next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.