Nationality: England

Previous Role: Assistant Manager
Current Role: Interim-Interim Manager
Coaching Licence: UEFA Pro Licence
Appointed: Nov 21, 2021
Contract until: TBD

Credit to @VanDeBank

Nero

In before it has to be explained again that he's not interim.

He's just tying us over for 2 or 3 games.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not sure what people were expecting for a caretaker. Our next match is in ~48 hours. We were never going to have somebody from outside the current coaching set-up leading the team.

I do think the club should have been more proactive and made the sacking prior to the international break, which would have given them more time to identify a temporary replacement. But they didn't do that, so we have to make do with what we have.

hobbers

Looking forward to the tactical masterclass vs Villlarreal.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not sure what people were expecting for a caretaker. Our next match is in ~48 hours. We were never going to have somebody from outside the current coaching set-up leading the team.

I do think the club should have been more proactive and made the sacking prior to the international break, which would have given them more time to identify a temporary replacement. But they didn't do that, so we have to make do with what we have.
Think it's the "will be in charge for future games" bit in the club's statement that has got our panties in a bunch.

Shark

@NotShark
In before it has to be explained again that he's not interim.

He's just tying us over for 2 or 3 games.
Two or three fairly vital games... hope the lads are up for it. Can't see much changing on the pitch.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He will win 5 games and get permanent contract?

Bwuk

After reading his autobiography I was surprised Carrick even went into coaching.

He’s quite a quiet lad. Fantastic footballer but not a vocal leader.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Think it's the "will be in charge for future games" bit in the club's statement that has got our panties in a bunch.
2 or 3, most likely. We play again next weekend just a few days after the CL game, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
2 or 3, most likely. We play again next weekend just a few days after the CL game, so it shouldn't be a surprise.
We're playing twice a week until Brighton on the 18th, after which we have 9 days off. I can understand one game, I just don't see the point in more than that unless he's given all 8 games until Christmas.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I honestly can’t help but wonder what goes through the head of someone who isn’t a special coach or manager in his own right when giving special players instructions. How comfortable would Carrick feel telling the likes of Ronaldo or Varane what to do to maximise their talent?

Can’t help wonder about the reverse, also.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watch us go on a crazy run, 10 wins on the bounce.

Carrick gets the job permanently, hailed the Geordie Guardiola.

As soon as he's signed we go on a huge losing run. The cycle continues.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Curious to see what can change when you change nothing but the man that picks the team.

laughtersassassin

Hopefully he is only in charge for 1 game.

Ideally then under the interim Carrick and most of the other should be let go as well.

Green_Red

After reading his autobiography I was surprised Carrick even went into coaching.

He’s quite a quiet lad. Fantastic footballer but not a vocal leader.
Jesus, so basically not a manager

The Dane

Curious to see what can change when you change nothing but the man that picks the team.
It’s not like we didn’t win games previously with Ole’s 11 and whether it will be McFred, 3 or 4 in the back or whatever I still think there is so much quality in this team that they can get at least a draw against Villareal without a tactical genius on the sideline. The most important is that the players are now motivated and don’t think that winning will just prolong their misery.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We have to give him a chance I suppose, I can't pretend I'm overly optimistic about his upcoming tenure but he is another person with big ties to the club and deserves respect.

It's Carrick, you kknnooww...

Winrar

We'll come back from 2-0 to win with moments and passion, then we'll hand him a 3 year contract.

red4ever 79

This season we had a permanent manager, now a caretaker, looking for an interim, in the hope of appointing a permanent. Welcome to Disneyland FC

TheMitz

He was part of the problem along with Mckenna.

This is going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.