Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barthez

Hate this. Such a big part of this club. Really devastated to be honest.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Fair play to Carrick. He's stepped up while in the firing line and got results. He's always seemed a decent bloke and he's come across extremely classy here in this interview.

Cliche, but he's been such a good servant to the club in his time as a player and on the staff.

This is probably the best move for everyone, as he says.

midou

Big respect for Carrick, definitely the right decision as he was part of the problem, but going out like this just shows the measure of the man. I hope his coaching career flourishes from now on.

And as a player - hard to believe it's not Scholes.

OverratedOpinion

Seems like a legitimately lovely human being, was an absolutely stunning player to watch at his best and did a really professional job holding down the fort under difficult circumstances. Did himself no harm at all in his short stint as caretaker and he definitely seems like someone who I would imagine has a deep tactical understanding of the game if he wants to go and build a career as a manager.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Shame that. Class player and great managerial record.

Siorac

I was an absolute shameless transfer muppet for him in 2006 and he was one of my favourite players throughout his stay here. So I'm a little sad.

But it's the right call, I think, for both parties.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
15 years of service. It must have taken a lot out of him.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Class act, done a stellar job these last 3 games at steadying the ship whilst we were waiting for Rangnick. Hope he gets a shot at a championship side somewhere soon.

Shark

@NotShark
Wish him nothing but the absolute best. Was the right decision though. Delighted it ended with beating Arse.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I love the bloke, seems a top fella and a good football man. I hope he goes on to do great things and ends up back here lifting silverware.

Brophs

The One and Only
I can see the logic to it. He probably knew he'd be doing well to get a senior role in the coaching team of both Rangnick and his successor, so better to go now rather than drag it out. The perpetually furious looking McKenna will have to step up in his absence.

arthurka

Love Carrick as a player and he has been a fantastic servant. Hope he does what he loves and does brilliantly.

Respect and love.

GMoore23

The rest of Ole's main men should step down also now and give Ralf free rein to implement his style.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
It's like this goalkeeper in NHL who gets to play a couple of games and plays a blinder and never gets in goal again and having unreal statistics.

Really appreciate Carrick's decision, all this bullshit about his brief spell being a huge success and a chance for him to get another chance. What was he doing all these three years then? Let him go and take a coaching/managing role somewhere and prove himself. We are a top club unable to take more risks after 10 years of shit show and trust in old brands/names..

Now it's time for professionals to come in. There's still a lot of United ethos left, built by Ole, with Ronaldo around Fletcher watching closely etc.

United Hobbit

Wow I thought he was going to assist Ralph

Maybe he wants a bit of time out, or having been manager, has decided management is not for him.

He did a solid job in his caretaker stint, hopefully we see him enjoying watching the games.

Hopefully Ralph is bringing in his own team.

Abusian

Very classy gesture to resign and leave the new guy the chance to appoint his own coaches. Speaks volumes about him as someone of real integrity who loves the club. Thank you and good luck MC16.

Halftrack

Sad to see him go, but it's probably the correct decision. Hopefully he'll carve out a career for himself.

Big thanks to him for elegantly guiding us through three tough fixtures, and best of luck to him.

Ole decided to stick around fecking up the entire team just to not lose his job.
Sure thing, pal.

The Hilton

Extremely classy interview, and he's an extremely classy guy.

Fantastic servant of the club, and has done absolutely the right thing.

MalaysianRed7

With all due respect to a modern day Manchester United legend, he probably knew he too wasn’t up to it yet the moment Ole got sacked, and made the brave decision to step up for as long as we needed him and immediately resign afterwards. There is no doubt that he has exceed all expectations by taking 7 points from 3 extremely tough games against two Champions of Europe and Arsenal. No disrespect to Ole as well, but we’d have lost all three under his stewardship, so a massive job well done to Carrick.

Go away, do well as a manager and who knows, maybe he might merit the big one in the future. No matter what though, these three games have only fortified his bond with us fans, and I wholeheartedly thank him for stabilising us. Notwithstanding his magnificent ability as a player. People talk about him as the unlikely but successful Keane replacement from 2006-11, but I remember him most for his imperious displays in midfield as he became our second most important player behind RvP in Fergie’s last season, where we steamrolled the league.

It’s Carrick, you know…..

Rajma

Good player but when we’re talking coaching it’s a correct decision. Did well to get the results on board after Ole but he has been a big part of two failed regimes, thus you simply can’t remain for any longer. I think he fancies being a manger himself and will try his trade in lower leagues to build himself up. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.