Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Knew he'd be the one to go of his own volition.

Shame because he's the only one I'd be happy to see given a shot learning under Rangnick. McKenna needs demoting to the u18s and Phelan needs to go off to League 2 somewhere, and take the rest of Ole's coaches with him.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I was wondering with the Bruno embrace at the end there. When did he tell them, I wonder? Loved him as a player, outstanding job in the last week and a half. Hopefully a few on here are feeling a bit sheepish tonight. Best of luck to him.

Tiber

Sad to see him go, especially if it's to make way for a 6 month stopgap coach.

But understandable if he wants to move into management at this stage

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Class act. He was the best central midfielder we had since 2006, until he retired. I hope he gets some experience elsewhere and goes on to be come a good coach/manager; if that's what he wants. I'm actually a little sad about him leaving.

G-MUFC

He was such a quality signing when we first got him. Carrick and Scholes in midfield in 06/07 were amazing.
Best of luck to him.

I thought he was going by that hug Bruno gave him at the end.

Thanks for the efforts but the future is brighter without the old boys club.

Glorio

He can pass the buck to Ole and leave. He was part of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. yes he won 2 and drew one and Ole probably would have done that too.
I may have misunderstood your post. Are you saying you think Ole would have won 2 and drawn 1 against Chelsea, Arsenal and Villarreal? If so, I disagree. Looking at our performances and results, I'd have expected him to lose all, quite heavily too.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He can pass the buck to Ole and leave. He was part of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. yes he won 2 and drew one and Ole probably would have done that too.
There was a change in system personnel and results under Carrick. Ole wouldn't have done as good.

Jibbs

Really sad this. The establishment at United never really liked carrick. They wanted his blood too once their own got sacked.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Really sad this. The establishment at United never really liked carrick. They wanted his blood too once their own got sacked.
I don’t think that’s true. I think you want to have a closer look at the fans to find people who wanted him out

I know people who have known him on a one-to-one level. He's absolute class, as you would expect with no ego or attitude about him at all. Family man.

That's always the impression he's given as an individual and he's left behind a legacy at Old Trafford, albeit in an understated way.

He was a rock for us and I can't fault what he has done while cutting his teeth in the coaching game. It's a poignant departure, a fitting send off, and we wish him well.
He’s conducted himself the way a good man who cares about something really does. He’s put the club above himself by
1) staying as caretaker for a few matches during a critical period of the season
2) Resigning when he could have forced being sacked and getting a payout. No drama, no tears, no making himself centre of attention.
Credit to the man. Been here 15 years, won league titles, CL, domestic cups. Left quietly out the back door because his time as coach has not gone to the standards he expects and he won’t try to fool anyone. Hope he gets a chance to coach & manage again once he’s taken his break.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Many criticised his appointment as interim interim manager. But I think he shut everyone up. 2 wins and a draw. Used the squad effectively and didnt play favourites. He leaves with his head held high. Wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Am I the only one who doesn't really know how to feel. Like I'm happy we with the changes, and the potential direction RR can take us, but seeing Ole's interview and now this I can't deny it makes me a bit emotional. They were Reds through and through and we all hoped for their success. I'm glad the fans sang for Ole and I expect them to sing for Carrick on Sunday. Wish them the best and I hope they're not afraid to be at Old Trafford in the future.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Many criticised his appointment as interim interim manager. But I think he shut everyone up. 2 wins and a draw. Used the squad effectively and didnt play favourites. He leaves with his head held high. Wish him all the best in whatever he does next.
I'm not going to lie, I was very sceptical, but so happy for him to have proved many of us wrong, done a good job and conducted himself with class as always.

wolvored

A lot of people seem to forget he was here for 5 years coaching and like the rest has been generally poor. He has shown in the last 3 games he is slightly better than Ole as a manager.
He was a good player for the club, but its for the best he has left. I hope Phelan McKenna and co have the bollocks to do the same thing now.
Carrick should take some time off and maybe in the summer try to become a manager/coach at a FL club. Maybe he might do better at a lower level.

Dve

A good step for his career. He´ll be the next Everton manager.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A lot of people seem to forget he was here for 5 years coaching and like the rest has been generally poor. He has shown in the last 3 games he is slightly better than Ole as a manager.
He was a good player for the club, but its for the best he has left. I hope Phelan McKenna and co have the bollocks to do the same thing now.
Carrick should take some time off and maybe in the summer try to become a manager/coach at a FL club. Maybe he might do better at a lower level.
A lot people don't know when to bite their tongue and show some respect.

Idxomer

3 and a half years.

Blood Mage

Phelan and Mckenna next please.
Yes but I have no doubt that Ralf will send them packing so I'm calm. They're not establishment darlings like Ole and Carrick so he won't rock the boat by dismissing them.

sp_107

Well Said, we should come out of that know the club/Got club DNA stuff and go for elite coaching setup

Having said that I am very emotional to see Carrick go but rest of the guys should also leave as they couldnt cut it over last 3 years.

Every Fan crying out for a proper coaching setup over last few years so finally we are getting that chance. No place for sentiments anymore

Waynne

I'm sad that he's leaving but also happy because we're starting with an almost clean slate of backroom staff.

Great servant for the club. Thank you Michael.

United in sin

This is the right move, whether he made the decision himself or Ragnick asked for his own people. I love Carrick, hope he gets the opportunity to grow as a coach at another club.

I hope Phelan, Mckenna and his set pieces buddy coach leave as well. Is that asking too much?

Based on what? They just awarded him a long term contract recently and the ink isn't even dry yet. They wanted to keep him here for as long as possible, Solskjaer too until it completely went off the rails for him

DavelinaJolie

The people saying they should all have been sacked were ridiculous anyway, the team would have gone three games without any management. Instead he led them to 2 wins and a draw in difficult games.

Class act, I doubt I'll ever know how much sway he actually held during Ole's time, but those last three games had a different feel in some aspects which make me think Carrick had some ideas and an approach that weren't really used, particularly his use of the squad.

All the best to the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.