Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Feel more sad about Carrick leaving than Solskjaer tbh…

But he (and McKenna) have been at Utd under enough failed regimes really.

Really wish him the best and hope he carries on his coaching career.

Very likeable, seemingly genuine guy.

Much respect.
Because Carrick leaves with his head held high while Ole was clinging on despite watching his team in free fall. There's a huge difference in class there.

Kaos

Going out on a high, well done Michael.

Hope he does well wherever he ends up next, could be a decent manager in him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's showing better on managing than coaching. Hopefully he gets a gig at PL. Will definitely my 2nd favorite team.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Very classy from Carrick to take charge these 3 games knowing what was coming. Didn't sulk and got us 3 good results and stopped the rot.

El Zoido

Best of luck to him, top player for us and sound bloke too. Good note on which to leave.

Real Name

Hopefully he'll have a good managerial somewhere. It will be interesting to see where will he start.

Abraxas

It seems a very good decision by him given it feels like the start of a new era.

Plus he's not half set things up nicely if he wants to have a crack at management. He's handled these matches well.

Rustyspider13

Thank you for your service Michael. Did a great job as interim and a phenomenal one as a player. Never felt like he retired when he did as he was always there. Hope he finds success in whatever he decides to do.

Keownisacnut

Supports
Glazers out!
Understated but classy, as a player, coach and interim manager. Has done himself, his family and the club proud.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's showing better on managing than coaching. Hopefully he gets a gig at PL. Will definitely my 2nd favorite team.
Really? he isn't cut out to be a manager at all.

MadMike

I expected this and it's most probably the right thing, but it still feels a bit sad tbh. I have massive respect for him both as a player and as a man.

Firestorm

Hopefully Phelan will be next …we need to wipe the slate clean from the past and kick on now …

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Thank you. Great player. Fantastic lad. Wishing him nothing but success in the future.

PSV

Took a bit of a gamble staying once Ole was relieved, but came out on top. Best of luck for future coaching.

lilcurt

It hurts but the right decision for all. You can't survive two failed managers playing poor football. I wish him the best and hope he will have a successful career in management.

Hopefully one day he comes back with more ideas and experience.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He's a fecking legend and some people in the caf should be ashamed.

NK86

Seeing Bruno all up in Carrick's ears after the final whistle felt weird considering he was staying on. Makes sense now. Classy from him to step down on his own (seems that way reading from the statement). Much better than the last manager we had to boot out.

stu_1992

Fair play to him. It's sad to see another key figure of the club's history leave, but you know maybe it's for the best. Obviously question marks over his coaching, but then we don't know how much of that was due to the direction of the lads in charge as opposed to him. Great player for us, no one could question that.

Will be interested to see what he does next. Seems like he's probably intent on being his own man away from thr club, whether that is as a coach or manager. I suspect he's gotten a taste for it these last few games and tbf there's some evidence he could be decent at it. Probably just needs to step down a bit to learn his trade a bit more. His 3 game run for us is nothing to sniff at though. He can walk away proud of that for sure, let alone his playing career.

el3mel

Feel more sad about Carrick leaving than Solskjaer tbh…

But he (and McKenna) have been at Utd under enough failed regimes really.

Really wish him the best and hope he carries on his coaching career.

Very likeable, seemingly genuine guy.

Much respect.
Carrick took the decision that was the best for him and the club.

Ole decided to stick around fecking up the entire team just to not lose his job.

Oldyella

Sad to see him go. Always a shame when someone who's spent a long time with us leaves. Glad he leaves on a good result.

Trequarista10

Good

Loved him as a player but the coaching at this club has been awful and he’s a huge part of that under 2 separate managers.

Thanks but I’m sick of mates rates at this club.
He was coach under Mourinho for like 3 months, not a HUGE part is it?

There is literally nothing more stupid than people who know nothing assuming they know what individual coaches do, what they are responsible for, how much influence they have, or what they are capable of.

TheReligion

Abusive
For all you United "fans" who were slagging Carrick.. feck off. You'll never know the meaning of being one of us.

Cheers Michael. Legend.

Chip

All the best to him in the future. I was actually quite saddened to see this even though it’s probably the right decision.

He’s been a part of one of the worst periods in many, many years, and in one of the very best periods from 06-09.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
My main criticism of him was the evidence of his and McKenna's sub-par coaching we saw on the pitch.

But tbf it's not his fault he was part of a inexperienced coaching team under a hands-off manager. Under someone who actually dictated things more he may well have been absolutely fine. And we also don't know to what extent what happened on the pitch was exactly what he and McKenna wanted either as Solskjaer was still making the final call in terms of formation and team selection.

Hopefully he does well wherever he ends up.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Seeing Bruno all up in Carrick's ears after the final whistle felt weird considering he was staying on. Makes sense now. Classy from him to step down on his own (seems that way reading from the statement). Much better than the last manager we had to boot out.
The players didn’t know

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Whatever he does, I hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.