Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He can pass the buck to Ole and leave. He was part of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. yes he won 2 and drew one and Ole probably would have done that too.
That is a very eloquently daft post. Thanks for sharing.

Mainoldo

Vieira and Lego Pep didn't show anything remotely close to Carrick's before they got the job but they perform.
Went American the went Nice. The entitlement is pathetic :lol:

Know your role. Vieira earnt his position mate.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
You know what, I have a feeling that Michael is up in the clouds with Ole right now, just reminiscing

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
As Alan Shearer pointed out too. By resigning it means he isn’t entitled to any financial package that he would have received if sacked.

So you have to have a lot of respect for that. Not a lot of managers or coaches which walk away these days.

Rossa

Must have been so strange for him to leave the pitch at Old Trafford like that for the last time. Loved him as a player, and looks to be a great guy. Good luck going forward!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wow, didn’t see that coming in fairness. Really hope he’s got something lined up.

hungrywing

Shearer's just raised a point that he leaves with no financial package as the club didn't ask him to leave.
Wasn't his contract just extended as well?
Fair play to the man.
Proper Legend!
It is those who should stay who leave, and those who should leave who try to stay on as consultant. - Old Chinese proverb.

MalaysianRed7

I love it when managers go out on a win, especially when he’s a legend like Carrick. It leaves such a good feeling and like LvG’s, it’s genuinely a massive win as well.

Championship clubs could do far worse than take a punt on him. Maybe even boyhood club Newcastle if they go down.

Idxomer

He was one of my favorite players and did incredibly well the last 10 days despite his limitations.

Credit to him for his last 15 years at the club.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A legend leaves the club after 15 years and some of you can't even say a good word about him. :houllier:

MalaysianRed7

He can pass the buck to Ole and leave. He was part of the team that got us into this mess in the first place. yes he won 2 and drew one and Ole probably would have done that too.
An attention seeking post if I’ve ever laid my eyes on one.

redom

Thought he might have stuck around to work under Rangnick for 6 months given the influence he seems to have had on other coaches/managers but good luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

Aretak

Don't understand the misty-eyed reactions really. Few would have been sorry to see him leave alongside Ole a couple of weeks ago. Done well as a caretaker, cheers and all, but if he fancies taking some more of the coaching staff with him then all the better.

Red_Aaron

Pure class comments from the man, and I reckon there's a big slice of Ole loyalty in his decision too.

If it's true RR hadn't even bothered to speak to the first team coach ahead of his arrival that's a pretty clear indication of how much he values them, I expect big changes there.

If I was Carrick I'd feel disrespected tbh the least he could've done is wished him luck ahead of the game. I wouldn't stick around to be sacked either, given his status at the club he deserves to leave on his own terms

Zoo

You don’t get it.

ExoduS

Right thing. He had his chances. Thank you for professionally handling last 3 games! Class act.

Hopefully our bright future is about to start.

ICHM

United should have kept Carrick until the end of the season as interim manager. Rangnick will be a disaster, watch this space.

Uniquim

His post-match interview was nice. Totally get his reasoning too.
He said something along the lines of promising his familiy to spend more time together once he retired, but then he ended up going straight into coaching.

Pure class comments from the man, and I reckon there's a big slice of Ole loyalty in his decision too.

If it's true RR hadn't even bothered to speak to the first team coach ahead of his arrival that's a pretty clear indication of how much he values them, I expect big changes there.

If I was Carrick I'd feel disrespected tbh the least he could've done is wished him luck ahead of the game. I wouldn't stick around to be sacked either, given his status at the club he deserves to leave on his own terms
Carrick said "100% my decision. Over the last week really [he made the decision], it was creeping in. I respected the club and I respected the new manager coming in, I wanted to make the decision before I had any contact with him or spoke to him."

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Shearer's just raised a point that he leaves with no financial package as the club didn't ask him to leave.
Fair play to the man.
Proper Legend!
I doubt very much that's how it's going down.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm relieved.
Great player.
Terrible coach.
Results-wise - actually a good manager.

UpWithRivers

To give him the confidence to manage the team without having to tell him what to do is the biggest compliment and confidence indicator I would have thought

El Jefe

Loved him as a player and loved him as interim manager.

Its Carrick you know!!

RedDevil@84

A lovely, classy player. Leaves as a legend. Good luck to him!!
Hope he becomes a good manager in some place

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Good luck to him.
It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
tbh though it's best to clean house once in a while and while this is his decision it seems it's for the best.
Keano was saying recently that it's become a jobs for the boys kind of place instead of based on merit.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Went American the went Nice. The entitlement is pathetic :lol:

Know your role. Vieira earnt his position mate.
Ok. I was just too excited to see Carrick managing :lol: . You're right that he should start building experience. Maybe like how Gerrard has done.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Excellent servant of the club. Always carried himself well as both player and coach and never any bother.

Sad to see him go after all these years but time for a new chapter for him and United.

Brophs

The One and Only
Fair play to the man.
Proper Legend!
There's absolutely no reason to assume that. There are loads of ways this could have played out.

pjaya

Best of luck Carrick, leave with class compared to ole.

Status
Not open for further replies.