Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Did the right thing, good lad. Would love to see him use the experience, go manage in a lower league and work his way up.

BestRed

Good luck to the lad, quality player & always gave his all in his 15 years service to the club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought Rangnick’s number 2 was staying at Lokomotiv? Does this mean Phelan as assistant or does Ralf have someone else lined up?

redshaw

All the best Carrick, secured CL with a 2-0 away win in Spain, draw away to Chelsea and win at home to a top 4 rival really puts us with a decent chance to salvage the season. He's had a lot of stick but I have valued his calmness and assuredness in his short managerial stint and who knows maybe he has something in management one day. He's certainly more of a strong person and character than people portrayed him as a player or a glum looking assistant.

Last edited:

Delano

Fair play. Got the results we needed and did everything he could for us. I've seen Carrick run midfields by himself for years, and he never once kicked up a fuss, even as the most underrated player in the squad.

As a coach, I think it's the right decision for the club to have a clean slate to move forward. For him, I think he'd of learnt a lot from Rangnick.

He always struck me as a loyal bloke and I have a lot of time for him. Even moreso now. I wish him nothing but the best.

valeron21

Comes across as a fine fellow. Glad shearer and Henry are there to stick up for him after paddy evras latest episode . Think he did as well as any of us could of hoped given the circumstances , the football was shite but the results were good and in typical carrick way he leaves with many fans respect, his head held high in a very understated way

Teja

Respect.

I think I've seen enough from him over the past 3 games to think he can do a decent job at managing a club. I hope someone takes a chance on him.

MrBrightside1989

Would be great if he could go and prove himself at a couple of clubs and end up back managing United on merit. Seems like a good football man.

Red Royal

I remember years ago him stepping in as a CB when we had an injury crisis. Top player, underused by England. Definitely deserves a well earned rest.

Blood Mage

Pure class silk in a glass as a player and a man, like Ole he'll always be a legend at this club. As a coach he fell desperately short at this level but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Reiver

Sad to hear this, I was hoping he would stay on and learn from Rangnick. Saw enough from the last three games to think he had real potential. If its to spend more time with his family then I can understand and my respect for him has increased again. Despite what some feel, he leaves with his head held high.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Criticised him much and often but respect for this decision. Let's get on to a fresh start and hope to see him back in the stand enjoying us smashing teams again.

Respect to a great servant. Stayed to steadied the ship and took a huge gamble on his reputation. If we lost to Villarreal he’d have got a lot of hate for us probably not getting past the group stages.

Resigned with his head held high didn’t hold out for a payout. #CarrickTrueLegend

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Wouldn’t have minded seeing him in Ralf’s set up but probably for the best as next manager will likely bring own staff anyway.

True gentleman and legend of the club. Hope he finds success wherever he goes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Legend of the club and without doubt the most under appreciated player I've ever seen

Not bad record as a manager either, hope he goes onto great things and comes back to the club one day

RuudTom83

Shame he didn't fancy staying and learning from Ralf...but respect to Carrick for always being classy.

midou

I remember years ago him stepping in as a CB when we had an injury crisis. Top player, underused by England. Definitely deserves a well earned rest.
Just remembered this - 2009 against Wolfsburg , back four of Evra - Carrick - Fletcher - Park. 3-1 with Owen hat-trick, Fergie eh :D

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's pretty clear we're doing Gegenpress going forward and rightly so. Given that none of the current coaching staff understand that system, it's fairly clear they can't stay as first team coaches.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Keane looks a bit of a prick for going after carrick last week and calling him disloyal.

jasT1981

Top class player, always loved him. I feel moving right into a coaching role at Utd was a mistake however I can't blame him for taking the opportunity. He probably should have gone elsewhere first.

Good luck to him where-ever he ends up, and like Ole should always be welcomed back at Old Trafford. Got through the last 3 games with dignity and respect at a very tough time.

LDUred

I know people who have known him on a one-to-one level. He's absolute class, as you would expect with no ego or attitude about him at all. Family man.

That's always the impression he's given as an individual and he's left behind a legacy at Old Trafford, albeit in an understated way.

He was a rock for us and I can't fault what he has done while cutting his teeth in the coaching game. It's a poignant departure, a fitting send off, and we wish him well.

siw2007

Michael Carrick was always one of my favourite players at the club in his day. A very classy operator in midfield, an all round great guy and a brilliant player.

Has had his critics as a coach, maybe rightly so, but a thank you for getting us through these 3 games, 2 wins and a draw are the best I could have hoped for. I think this is an astute decision by himself and is the right time for him to walk away and to learn his trade elsewhere, he can develop as a manager and maybe if he proves to be excellent in his roe then he might come back one day.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good luck to him, and I hope he has good career as a manager or coach.

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Quality player, great servant to the club and a top bloke. I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Right decision graceful as always. Phenomenal player always in the background doing his job. Have a good rest Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.