Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Like you do usually you mean?
Or maybe he means a coach took a step up in a time of need, won two games and drew one, and stepped down like the 'fans' wanted him too??
As Jose would say, Show Some Respect....

wolvored

Saying what you feel is making it about your feelings.
Its a forum. We are here to say what we think about things. If we all agreed on everything it wouldnt be a forum. You might say something on another subject I agree with. Im just stating what I think/feel.

frostbite

I always liked Carrick. Best wishes to him! I hope we'll see him again managing in the future.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
That was always a stupid thing to complain about.

The only thing Moyes' did right was to get rid of them & try and put his own stamp on the team. Unfortunately, Moyes was just never good enough & you could've hired Klopp & Guardiola to be his assistants and it still wouldn't have worked.
Exactly, it was too much all at once really.

He should have progressively done it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!!

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Might be the best thing for him, he needs to go blood himself as a manager.
Can't see it. I get the feeling he doesn’t love the circus. I don't think he craves the limelight. Can't say I blame him.

fanutd

He is an absolute legend, and yes I have a small statue with a big head of him on my desk.

He's a club legend, and a player I look up to as a player myself.

He is a true club legend and I am gutted to see him go,
Totally, I also echo these sentiments. Always supported him as a player, and felt he was underrated by our fans quite a bit. Truly gutted to see him leave :(

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Official. Classy guy, stepped up and left.

Guys like Keane were doubting his character saying he should be ashamed to be at the club after Ole, now you know why he stayed.

Best of wishes and all the success in the future to a great man!

Smores

Correct decision, i said last week he needs to go somewhere and prove his worth rather than it looking like a job for mates.

He'd have been forced on the new manager and that's not really right. It obviously didn't sit well with him either.

A very good player and great servant for us. Hope he gets a managers job, never know one do he might come back on merit.

Oldham

Fourth best midfielder I've seen play for United (Robson Keane Scholes).
Good luck to Carrick in the future.

Djemba-Djemba

He's stopped the rot and given us a bit of confidence back.

And it's not like he had Norwich and Newcastle to play, away to Villareal Away to Chelsea and home to Arsenal who have been a bogey side for us since Wenger left. Tough fixtures to have, especially with a team at absolute rock bottom. He's won the CL group and got us back in touching distance of the top 4.

He's done himself and Utd proud in these 3 games and he's made Roy Keane in particular look a dickhead.

Acole9

Outstanding
Probably the right decision for all parties. I get the impression he didn't really enjoy being the caretaker manager. Good luck to him though.

sdb4884

Respect, surprised he's leaving but RR obviously has his own team to bring in. Well done for the last two results they could be the start of getting us back to a winning mentality. Cheers.

Devil may care

Classy move, I had a feeling he wasn't staying given the moment with him and Bruno which wasn't a celebration and his face as he walked off.

Paul778

Phelan certainly.

McKenna back to the academy, he didn't do a bad job there.
If Ralf does what he did elsewhere and gets the team age very young and hungry, the academy is a much more crucial role than it is now. Who knows? Hannibal might even get regular game time in the seniors.

Clever move by Utd. Maximise the column inches tonight about the game and carrack....

... since tomorrow all the column inches will be about Ralfs first presser.

Mick1

There's absolutely no reason to assume that. There are loads of ways this could have played out.
His salary as part of the backroom coaching staff is peanuts as compared to his earnings as a player, and so it is for the club.

He left with his integrity and as part of the family, worth more than a few hundred gs for a millionaire

Dante

Average bang
He is an absolute legend, and yes I have a small statue with a big head of him on my desk.

He's a club legend, and a player I look up to as a player myself.

He is a true club legend and I am gutted to see him go,
Just to clarify, do you think he's a legend?

Xeno

There is literally nothing more stupid than people who know nothing assuming they know what individual coaches do, what they are responsible for, how much influence they have, or what they are capable of.
Unless you have some secret knowledge of how much he was/wasn’t an influencer, this is just as stupid a post.

Zevvythered

Just watched his post-match interview!! Legend of a man…
Don‘t think we will see him as a manager for a long time if ever after hearing him speak, seems like he wants to enjoy his life with his family.

Posh Red

Wow

RR almost certainly wants his own men in, he probably wasn't offered a role he was comfortable with. Better to leave I guess, shame but perhaps a necessary part of the rebuild

Wish him all the best, brilliant servant to the club
Based on his interview I’m not so sure. Said he wants more time with his family. Didn’t he struggle being away from his family it’s England?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Best of luck and hope he gets a gig as manager somewhere to realise his ambitions. Like him a lot as a manager and person from what I've seen.

Rex Banner

Best of luck Michael. One of my favourite players and did a very good job in the brief time he was in charge. If he does want to be a manager then probably best he moves on but sure he won't have any issues finding a new role.

Stig

Respect to Carrick… he will be well rewarded financially … but now it’s Ralfs time and he will want his own coaches in.

Why would he be rewarded financially for quitting ? It seems to be his decision.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Wow didnt expect that! But I do think its for the better. RR needs to start something new and better.
He did a good job in these three games as interim. Still one of our best midfielders ever, super silky and smooth. Will always be remembered. All the best Carrick!

AndyMUFC

Brilliant player, was once one of the most underrated players around and has definitely helped steady the ship for Rangnick over the past 9 days.

Robertd0803

At least he can leave on a high. Thought it was a possibility when he said he hadnt spoken to Ralf Rangnick yet but surprised to see it none the less.

Nice little note in history of having an unbeaten run as manager.

Like Ole we can all go back to appreciating his status as a legend now.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
A nice 3 game management cameo for Carrick, good for the cv. Good luck Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.