Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

He's got the potential to become a proper manager one day, hopefully he gets his chance at some point (not with us). He has a lot left to learn and would benefit from working under a proper top notch manager for a while.

BuzzKillington

Whatever happened to criticize the post and not the poster? And you are a scout here?
I honestly can’t ever remember seeing a positive post from Devilish. if he was officially an oppo fan rather than pretending to be a United fan, he’d have been given the ban hammer years ago for wumming.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's been here he came here as a player.
He's been the head coach for 3 games, in which the team has done more than decently.
He's left immediately, maybe because of the results over the past years, maybe because he doesn't want to coach, or wants to prove himself elsewhere. Whatever the reason, he's quit on a high, and made things easier for the club and new manager.

Posts like devilish's are scummy. But he's had a literal 20 year run posting similarly. Just as consistent in producing awful posts as Carrick was at finding great passes.
I simply asked a question which was related to the subject at hand. I thought there were rules against personal insults. Oh well.

I'll let you to your frustrations

red4ever 79

He's been here he came here as a player.
He's been the head coach for 3 games, in which the team has done more than decently.
He's left immediately, maybe because of the results over the past years, maybe because he doesn't want to coach, or wants to prove himself elsewhere. Whatever the reason, he's quit on a high, and made things easier for the club and new manager.

Posts like devilish's are scummy. But he's had a literal 20 year run posting similarly. Just as consistent in producing awful posts as Carrick was at finding great passes.
And this is a scout. No wonder the whole place is fecked

largelyworried

Good luck to him. I reckon he's done enough to get a shot at managing a half-decent club.

red4ever 79

I simply asked a question which was related to the subject at hand. I thought there were rules against personal insults. Oh well.

I'll let you to your frustrations
@devilish Dont take it to heart. I personally enjoy your postings, I dont always agree with you, but you cannot deny your passion and for that I commend you.

Giggzy P

Sad for him, but the right decision . only hope Phelan and Mckenna do the same.

Scholes was right when he said they all have to go.

Reactions: Cheimoon

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Clever move by Utd. Maximise the column inches tonight about the game and carrack....

... since tomorrow all the column inches will be about Ralfs first presser.
Was his decision not the clubs

Very likely a compromise agreement!
Everything is a conspiracy here on the CAF! Don’t be so cynical. If that was the case they’d all be gone.

Real Name

Jose was one of the finest managers the EPL had ever seen while Ole gave the likes of Carrick complete control over coaching. Carricky could rely on Phelan as well who was Sir Alex no 2. Was it perfect? Of course not. We are Manchester United. The club's aim is to win trophies and not to teach Carricky the basics of coaching.
You never disappoint with childish nicknames for players.

Cloud7

Did as much as he could have done when asked to do probably the most difficult post playing job he’s done since retiring.

Ensured our qualification from the CL group. Got us our first win against Arsenal in forever. Short as it was, these two things were very important IMO.

I’ve said before that Carrick is one of my favorite players that has ever played for us. I wish him nothing but the best as he goes out to blaze his own trail. I think this is for the best for all parties involved.

Kostov

Good luck Michael and all the best in the future. Thank you for your contribution, class player on the pitch, an absolute top guy off it. I wish we have him back in the club in the future in some capacity.

Zlatattack

I'm not surprised.

Ralf will want his own people as will the new full-time manager.

Leave on a high rather than hanging around waiting for someone to marginalise you.

Time to learn his trade elsewhere. Get different experiences, environments and opinions.

Abhinav

Another bittersweet moment. He was one of my favourite players, pure class on the pitch. Will remember him fondly for his contribution as a player, first and foremost. Has come in for a lot of criticism recently, but he has handled the last couple of week with absolute class.
Wish him the very best for the future.

devilish

You never disappoint with childish nicknames for players.
Actually its a nickname that the biggest United youtube channel came up with. I have nothing to do with that one. Can you now focus on the actual argument in that post now? This is a football forum after all

Green Arrow

Great player always appreciated what he did on the pitch, shame it didn't work out for him as a coach. Best of luck hope he gets the experience he needs to become a great coach.

Real Name

Actually its a nickname that the biggest United youtube channel came up with. I have nothing to do with that one. Can you now focus on the actual argument in that post now? This is a football forum after all
Ah, good then. Biggest youtube channel came up with it so you just had to use it.
Got it.

Zen86

Shame he’s left. I’d hoped he would stay on and learn his trade behind the scenes. Best of luck to him and hope we see him again at the club. If we’re lucky, he’ll be the #1 candidate for the next cultural reboot.

BarstoolProphet

Good luck to Michael, seems like he wants to take a break to spend time with his family. Covid and us being poor for a few years probably enhanced that feeling. If 2021 United needed to reincarnate a player then Carrick should be high up the list. Positioning, calmness and passing range is something the lacks in our midfield now - only Matic van show glimpses of it but still not close to what Carrick did for us.

Not sure if I see him in management in the future. His comments on pressing tactics was very weird, but maybe it was just said to distance himself from Rangnick's reign and also an attempt at being loyal to Ole.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Gone out on his own terms with three vital results behind him. From the interview I have just listened to on Talksport it sounds like he wants to spend some time with his family like he promised them when he retired playing. Trevor Sinclair has known him since he came through at West Ham and said what a great guy he is. Sinclair and his wife do a lot of work for Michael's foundation. When you are ready try your hand at a lower level and learn the ropes properly and choose experienced coaches to help you. Best of luck Michael.

devilish

Sure, lets discuss how many trophies has Carricky along with little Ole won.
Sure. How many trophies has Ole the manager and Carrick the first team coach won for us? Cause that's what they are being judged upon. There is no doubt that they were great players. Its not even open to debate

red4ever 79

Shame he’s left. I’d hoped he would stay on and learn his trade behind the scenes. Best of luck to him and hope we see him again at the club. If we’re lucky, he’ll be the #1 candidate for the next cultural reboot.
Isnt this the reason why we have been so poorly coached. They are all learning their trade. Carrick should go and learn his trade at Salford.

Verward

So when is "Will any other PL clubs hire Carrick as manager?" thread due?

Real Name

Sure. How many trophies has Ole the manager and Carrick the first team coach won for us? Cause that's what they are being judged upon. There is no doubt that they were great players. Its not even open to debate
None. Both of them are gone now from the club. Carrick by his own decision which is a good move for both him and the club but primarily for him.

devilish

None. Both of them are gone now from the club. Carrick by his own decision which is a good move for both him and the club but primarily for him.
We can both agree on that. I feel sad on Carricky though. I think his career progression could be handled better. However he did got his chance which is more then most legends can say

red4ever 79

Time to move on chaps. Hopefully the club have realised the error of their ways and moving forwards we will always employ experienced people with the credentials and CV to justify the position they have been given.

Real Name

Time to move on chaps. Hopefully the club have realised the error of their ways and moving forwards we will always employ experienced people with the credentials and CV to justify the position they have been given.
Agreed.

Real Name

We can both agree on that. I feel sad on Carricky though. I think his career progression could be handled better. However he did got his chance which is more then most legends can say
He's still young for a manager so time is definitely on his side. He'll start from lower position now and prove is he up for it or not.

red4ever 79

He's still young for a manager so time is definitely on his side. He'll start from lower position now and prove is he up for it or not.
I think this would be the best route for him. The old fashioned way of taking lower league jobs, learning the trade and building a reputation. Almost seems a lost art these days. I take Lampard as an example, went to Derby, did well took them to the play off and then went to Chelsea, because he was a former player. Job was too big for him, and now he wont get another chance their I dont think.

Status
Not open for further replies.