Michael Johnson

Bread

Thing is with Johnson as well unless he really fecks it up he'll never have to work properly again, even if he doesn't make another appearence he'll be able to pocket £2000 a night doing a quick chat at Droylsden Golf Club annual dinner dance night as a "Manchester City Legend"

Baxter

Photo doing the rounds on twitter just now. Unbelievable. Would post but I'm on my phone.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That's mental if true, looked quality for someone so young.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How long is left on his City contract? Only 24, you'd think he could still have had a decent career somewhere but it would take a serious effort now.

Baxter

City fans were suggesting something around £30k a week. He crashe his CLS350 not all that long ago.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How long is left on his City contract? Only 24, you'd think he could still have had a decent career somewhere but it would take a serious effort now.
When's the last time he even played? I doubt even a League 2 team would look at him in that shape, if it actually is him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When's the last time he even played? I doubt even a League 2 team would look at him in that shape, if it actually is him.
Aye i know, hence why i said 'he could'. If he tried to stay in shape he'd have been able to get a Championship club at worst when his City contract ran out. But now his hopes look long gone.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
City would have been as well off paying up his contract.

I don't blame him for collecting the money for the last few years. He is going to need it, as I doubt he has a future in the game.

Looked so talented when he broke into their side. Shame really.

Brophs

The One and Only
I had a read on a few sites and it seems that while he's under contract, he doesn't turn in or train at the club anymore. A couple of people have suggested that the weight gain is down to anti-depressants (and lifestyle, I'm sure) and others have said he's been in a clinic getting help of some sort.

It seems his deal is up this summer. On the sort of wages he's on and with the lifestyle it seems he leads it's pretty likely he won't have invested well or taken care of himself financially. Pretty sad tale.

Keltoi

I had a read on a few sites and it seems that while he's under contract, he doesn't turn in or train at the club anymore. A couple of people have suggested that the weight gain is down to anti-depressants (and lifestyle, I'm sure) and others have said he's been in a clinic getting help of some sort.

It seems his deal is up this summer. On the sort of wages he's on and with the lifestyle it seems he leads it's pretty likely he won't have invested well or taken care of himself financially. Pretty sad tale.
5 year deal in 2009 would give him another year no?

Crustanoid

He should demand parity with Tevez and Ballotelli, as they share similar feelings about wearing the City shirt

Phil

:lol: To the last few replies.

Edit Brophs had to go and ruin it.

Keltoi

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Wasn't he meant to be the saviour to England's midfield? More like the saviour to the public house trade.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Quite a depressing sight. No one likes to see that. Must be heart-breaking for him to have such high praise as a youngster, to then see your career destroyed by injuries.

Drainy

Wasn't he meant to be the saviour to England's midfield? More like the saviour to the public house trade.
He was once a promising holding midfielder, now the only thing he holds is the salad.

b00m, I'm here all week.

(not that I can talk, as a fellow chubby guy I feel for the man)

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
He'll still probably find a League One/Two club willing to gamble on him, obviously on vastly reduced wages, but I can't think of anyone who's gone from first team premier if Sam Parkin could make a reasonable career in the championship, there's hope for all fatties. Might not be too bad for him to be cut off, whilst he's on 25k a week he can carry on down this path.

Surely they'd just sack him for misconduct if that were true? I know it's City, but even they won't be too happy at paying 25k a week to someone who apparently does literally nothing. Unless of course unless he has been in rehab or whatever in which case I imagine they'd have given him a leave of absence.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hard to feel sorry for an early 20's bloke getting 25k per week with nothing to do. Really.