Television Michael K Williams (Omar Little) found dead in NYC apartment

Mercurial

Sad order of things. Was a legend in the Wire as Omar.

R.I.P. Mr Williams

Suv666

Feckin hell
Omar is one of the best tv characters of all time. Sleep easy my man

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a fantastic actor he was, two of the best performances I have seen on TV came from him with Omar and Chalky White. Seemed like such a lovely and great person too.

RIP MKW :(

Chip

So sad. I'm actually just about to rewatch The Wire for the fourth time - gonna be strange to watch it knowing he's died.

Such a brilliant actor and personality. Rest in peace :(

stu_1992

Very sad news, I couldn't believe it when I read the news last night. I can't believe with how much I love that show (The Wire) and how much I have read into things about it and the people in it that I completely missed that he had issues with drugs when filming and that sadly seems to have continued over until today. Tragic situation, as many others have said, Omar is one of the most iconic TV characters of all time. I know he's been in a lot following that but for whatever reason, I haven't come across much of his work since but it seems like he was doing great work still, recently just nominated for an Emmy so he definitely had more left to give.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Addiction is a terrible thing, unfortunately for Micheal becoming rich and famous just made it even tougher to fight those demons it seems.

He will forever be remembered in history of television though, I will always remember him whistling his tune while everybody runs in fear "here comes Omar", legendary.

youngrell

Gutted to hear about this earlier this morning. Such a talented guy and seems universally loved too. RIP.

choccy77

I was going to post a thread as soon as the news broke yesterday, but I was upset by this news.

It's really strange that yesterday, I was watching him all afternoon. So maybe why it hit me so hard in the moment.

Hoof the ball

Did you know that he was a professional back-up dancer before he went into acting. He did back-up for both Madonna and George Michael on their tours, respectively. There's no end to this man's abilities.

Hoof the ball

Fun fact.

The role which was eventually given to Jamie Foxx in the movie, Django Unchained, was actually written by specifically for Michael K. Williams by Tarantino. Unfortunately, Williams was filming Boardwalk Empire at the time and scheduling didn't permit him to take the role.

Would have loved to have seen that.