Michael Keane

AKDevil

Didn't notice him until about 20 mins till the end when I thought 'how is keane getting on'.
IMO opinion that's good when you are talking about a young c/h

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Is there any Bardsley and Simpson about him? Possibly getting close and then not making it at United?

I hope not because I really like the lad. Seems like a really hard working young lad who loves what he is doing at United.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
Was brilliant tonight. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side, could see when he saw Wootton was struggling he redoubled his effort and started taking risks but most of them came off.

Just quoting this as a reminder of how quickly things can change- don't write players off just because we lost one fecking game!!!!
Don't see why you're quoting that in all honesty. It's still a fair comment whether you agree with it or not, and one game where he did quite well doesn't change it. I sort of agree with the comment also, although he still has plenty of development in him and as long as you're good enough at everything, not being outstanding at any one thing is no major deterrent.

kundalini

Is there any Bardsley and Simpson about him? Possibly getting close and then not making it at United?

I hope not because I really like the lad. Seems like a really hard working young lad who loves what he is doing at United.
I think the Bardsley and Simpson comparisons are not far off though I think both have more clear cut strengths than Michael Keane. He seems to me to be lacking the pace and skill to play fullback for United, nor does he possess the height and strength for centre defence. I suppose Gary Neville's progress should give him hope but few players develop as Gary did.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Both good talents, the Keanes. Don't think Michael Keane is at the level Evans was at when he was that age, but he's progressing nicely nonetheless. Both future Premiership footballers, in my opinion. Cementing a first team spot ahead of Evans, Smalling and Jones is going to be very difficult but he has definitely improved a lot in the last year or so.

Drainy

Don't see why you're quoting that in all honesty. It's still a fair comment whether you agree with it or not, and one game where he did quite well doesn't change it. I sort of agree with the comment also, although he still has plenty of development in him and as long as you're good enough at everything, not being outstanding at any one thing is no major deterrent.
He was just whining because we'd lost a game- the first we'd lost in the season. I guess I'm just frustrated with the match day doom and gloomers seeping down to youth level.

But after watching how well he played against a VERY strong Chelsea team, I wanted to show just how quickly things can change so don't just rush to judgement about the lads based on a single loss (as had happened to half the team that played Vs Spurs u-21s)

Not very good with the ball, not very fast, doesn't position himself well neither is a very good tackler
His performance against Chelsea was the opposite, with the exception of his pace which is fine. Good reading of the game, great tackling strong leadership and determination etc.

Of course there is room for development but don't just infer that a player is not good enough at 19 because the team lost one game. He's one of our most consistent and talented young defenders- he's shown that at every level.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Well it looks like he's on his way to Leicester, shows what I know :lol:

Forevergiggs

Would be ecstatic if this is true. Hopefully, both him and Lingard get plenty of game time and help Leicester win promotion. Would be wonderful for both the guys.

Has anyone been keeping track on Leicester? How are the two guys we sold them doing?

prateik

Bloody hell. Is Jesse going on loan too?
I've been busy and havent kept up with the reserves over the past few weeks.
I'll have to start watching leicester now.
Clev went there too and they have Matty James and De Laet too.
edit: ahh.. todays news. thats better. I was wondering how I had missed all this.

KanieKaned

Good move for them both now that we are outta the cup, hopefully the game is on the box tomorrow night will keep see how Keane gets on.

Best of luck to the both of em

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Great news - I'm excited to see how Lingard does more than anything. I have high hopes for him.

Cold_Boy

Leicester have also taken an Indian youngster on trial. Hopefully he signs to and i get another team to watch when bored.

dr.twinny

Great news and good luck to them both. Leicester has a good set up, so hopefully they will impress while they are there.

lysglimt

Scout
Ferguson must have a lot of faith in Pearson - he was the one that took Cleverley to Leicester while Pearson was there from 08-10 and while at Hull he picked half our old reserve-side....and now he is doing the same at Leicester again

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Reading through a Leicester City forum reacting to the loans, apparently the consensus is Keane wasn't very good against Chelsea :houllier:

Drainy

Reading through a Leicester City forum reacting to the loans, apparently the consensus is Keane wasn't very good against Chelsea :houllier:
utter retards.

Yes the team conceded 5 in 120 mins against Chelsea, with a defence with Wootton who bottled it and Fletcher playing out of position (not to mention in the first half a poor showing from Buttner).

Keane did great but what the feck do they expect? Want us to loan them Jonny Evans just in the off chance the Blackburn sign Juan Mata, Oscar and Hazard or something?

prateik

Should be a good test for him.
Both the twins have a very good chance of making it. Would be great if they did.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Cheers. I take it there are no streams for this one?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let's talk about this in the loan watch threads.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Getting rave reviews at foxestalk for his performance today:

Keane - 8 - On this performance the second best centre half at the club. Hope we can extend his loan for the rest of the season

Keane 8 Very impressed with him. Played some decent balls out from the back too. Looked very composed.

Keane 8- very impressed all round CB play was spot on won headers , distribution quality

Keane - 8 - Very promising, looked capable in the air and on the turf.

Drainy

sounds like he did well, albeit against a weakened/ poor Huddersfield side. Glad Matty James is getting some appreciation too after a difficult few years with his injury problems.

prateik

Forgot he was on loan there. Good to see.
Not surprised he is doing well at that level though.. He looked alright when he played in the first team here. He is certainly good enough for the championship .

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Always thought that Matty James could have turned out to be another Carrick. Seemed to have a touch of class about him...

Glad that Michael Keane had a good game. We should be getting close to seeing Will again shouldn't we?

Drainy

We should be getting close to seeing Will again shouldn't we?
Last we heard he was on course to return this month. Hopefully with Henriquez, King and Macheda out on loan (or going out on loan) he'll be back and firing in the second half of the u-21s season getting ready for a big season next year.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His loan has been extended till 31st Jan. Good move.