Michael Keane

mo0

we have a twins thread and a William Keane thread, but not one for Michael.

heading out on loan next term:

• linked with Blackburn Rovers.
  • linked with Hull City (along with Tunnicliffe) - as of June 20

Position: CB or RB
DOB: January 11, 1993
Nationality: English born (Stockport), with an Irish father
International Caps: Ireland U17-19, England U19

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I'd love to read more about this guy, I have to admit when I watch the reserves/youth teams I tend to focus mostly on offense. But he can certainly pop up with a goal now and then, a trait we've missed in our CBs for a while now outside of a few Vidic headers.

How is his reading of the game, does he have a knack for getting to the right spot on long balls?

steeeb

I'd love to read more about this guy, I have to admit when I watch the reserves/youth teams I tend to focus mostly on offense. But he can certainly pop up with a goal now and then, a trait we've missed in our CBs for a while now outside of a few Vidic headers.

How is his reading of the game, does he have a knack for getting to the right spot on long balls?
He's a striker!

Oh no, correct scouting report.

mo0

watched him in May for the England U19s. one thing that stood out is how much he'd actually grown. looked tall, strong, and a well-built out CB. him and Dier looked the business.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Be interesting to see where he goes on loan to and how he does.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He's a striker!

Oh no, correct scouting report.
Is this the famous English wit we've heard so much about in America?

Considering all the posts correcting grammar, an actual mistake must cause grammar nazis to salivate. For fresh meat anyway, I'm sure you guys are getting tired of abusing Lance Uppercut and Kemo.

I understand, it's slow going in the summer.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
No work on Michael?

I'd like to see him join the summer tour, even if he does go out on loan.
He's currently away with England u19s alongside Thorpe and Johnstone. I dont think they will be brought on tour because of this.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
vbnmu in the newbies wants an update on how Keane and Thorpe did yesterday. Anyone know?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thorpe was good, full-back's not Keane's best position but he did alright. No point in reading too much into a game like that though.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Thought he was very good tonight considering how inexperienced the whole backline was, got high hopes for this lad.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Yes, I think he's got to be a better option than Carrick.

ArmchairCritic

Quality, first mistake in the 105th minute against Sturridge, Oscar, Hazard, Mata etc.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very impressed by how he defended and how assured he was for the majority of the game. This will be good experience for him.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Played well and showed some great reading of the game. A couple of years off yet though.

ArmchairCritic

20 in January, bulk up over the Summer and go out on Loan next year I reckon.

Drainy

Was brilliant tonight. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side, could see when he saw Wootton was struggling he redoubled his effort and started taking risks but most of them came off.

Just quoting this as a reminder of how quickly things can change- don't write players off just because we lost one fecking game!!!!

Ordinary may not have been the right word. I meant that the rest don't look United standard and are not going to make it here. I have my doubts about Michael, he doesn't seem to have any particular attribute that stands out. Not very good with the ball, not very fast, doesn't position himself well neither is a very good tackler. He is only 19 and can develop, but I somehow don't see it.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Looks like he got a chance of making it.

Composed, calm on the ball and dogged.

Tough ask to defend against that attacking line-up but coped admirably. Bar Wootton's two feck-ups we would've won 3-2 and we would have raved about Keane's performance.

gza the genius

Is Wooton generally rated as the better player?

The last two years or so I've heard fantastic things about Keane and not a whole lot on Wooton, so why is Wooton the one making the bench? Unless I'm just wrong and Wooton is the better defender.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

The last two years or so I've heard fantastic things about Keane and not a whole lot on Wooton, so why is Wooton the one making the bench? Unless I'm just wrong and Wooton is the better defender.
He is nearly a year and a half older. maybe that has something to do with it. Slightly more experienced as he has played a bit in the championship.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

Wootton has much more 'experience' with a couple of first team loans.

Drainy

No, Keane is the more talented one. Wootton is just older and more experienced since he's been out on loan so is 'next in line' at having a shot since he is more 'ready'.

cj_sparky

He did really well, thought it was quite a mature performance. Was strong in the air and won some good headers. Calm bringing the ball out and used it well. He also read the play well and made some decent tackles.

Hopefully he can bulk up a little bit, he has shot up alot over the last couple of years and he'll naturally fill out.

Looks quite promising.

EDogen

I like him, confident on the ball, playing out of the back and a good defender.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's was quietly efficient for most of the game. Made a mistake in ET but bodes well. Impressed me.

dev1l

Keane looks more like a rio type of player - reads the game well, comfortable on the wall. He also looks faster than Wooton.

ArmchairCritic

what about January!
Dunno he needs to bulk up a bit, just think sending him on loan in January would be throwing him in the deep end a bit but he's classy enough to handle that to be fair.

Drainy

Do think he needs a good loan move. He reminds me a lot of Jonny Evans when he was a young lad in how he had a great period of quick development and went straight out on loan while he was flying. Doubt anyone will live up to the success of Jonny Evans' loan to Sunderland (along with Danny Simpson) leading the defence to the Championship title though.