Michael Knighton preparing a hostile bid to remove the Glazers

Dwight Corke

Erriyon Knighton has a better chance of orchestrating a a hostile takeover of the club

studs

Hostile bid would have to be an offer the Glazers can't refuse.

Last edited:

croadyman

Hostile bid would have be a an offer the Glazers can't refuse.
Yeah hasn't a cat in hells chance of getting people to buy into his plan, that's the most sickening part we can do absolutely nothing

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why are we giving this joker the time of day? This is just a cheap publicity stunt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He couldn't afford it 30 years ago when it was a relative bargain.

He's not affording it now it'll be 4billion, unless he's got some billionaire mates in his gang.

Sviken

He couldn't afford it 30 years ago when it was a relative bargain.

He's not affording it now it'll be 4billion, unless he's got some billionaire mates in his gang.
It's more than 4 billion since Glazers have no intention of selling. But I don't care if he has a chance or not, what matters to me is that this gets talked about and heat is put on the Glazers and potential buyers eyes on United. Drum up interest and make the Glazers position untenable. Knighton is a clown, but he is a useful clown in this case.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Stone flattens it to confirm we will be stuck with these yankee leeches for a while yet
I'd much rather them than Knighton, for the below reasons:

He used to own Carlisle United, once made himself manager and ran them into the ground. He's an idiot.
The David Icke of Man United folklore. Clown, should be given no time. Charlatan, wouldn't trust a word from him. Get rid of the crooks in charge, let's not listen to his drivel though.
If anyone was to buy the club, I'd rather it be Sir Jim Ratcliffe. At least he's a United fan.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Interesting thread (still don't want Knighton though), not quite sure how legit the information is though. But one interesting tidbit was that Knighton isn't part of the consortium but more the face of it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'd much rather them than Knighton, for the below reasons:

If anyone was to buy the club, I'd rather it be Sir Jim Ratcliffe. At least he's a United fan.
He can be considered a realistic buyer if we're ever put up for sale. Didn't he bid for Chelsea?
Interesting thread (still don't want Knighton though), not quite sure how legit the information is though. But one interesting tidbit was that Knighton isn't part of the consortium but more the face of it.

I'm 99% sure Knighton is talking to the aliens again. Any potential buyers would want somebody competent heading their bid not a guy that bankrupted Carlisle United. I lived in Carlisle for years so I know all about Knighton and I've heard plenty of stories about him over the years. He's an absolute tit and I wouldn't trust him if he told me the sky was blue. He ruined a good club.

Spoony

The People's President
Apparently it will cost upto 8 billion quid according to a financial expert on Stretford Paddock or something.

Smudgers

A clown to take over the circus , we are becoming a joke ETH must be wondering what the f%#¥ have I done , feel sorry for the lad .

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
this clown again? I was in the Stretford End the day he ran to the goal line and starting playing keepy-uppy

MUFC OK

Why do I get the impression that Jim Ratcliffe wants nothing to do with buying United. He was at the front of the queue for Chelsea but so far silent on this, perhaps as we're not publicly for sale.

ATXRedDevil

Well, this was a couple of weeks ago. He just said realistically it'd cost £8 or 9 billion - hostile I guess.
Where the hell are people getting these numbers? There are about 165 million shares outstanding. Current share price is around $12. If you throw in a 20% premium on the current trading price, you get around $2.4 billion. Throw a crazy 50% premium on it and you're at around $3 billion. I believe the outstanding debt was around $800m last I checked. Let's just call it $1 billion. So you're looking at around $3.5 - 4 billion in enterprise value. That's dollars. How the hell is anyone getting to 8 or 9 billion POUNDS?

RedDevilQuebecois

Why do I get the impression that Jim Ratcliffe wants nothing to do with buying United. He was at the front of the queue for Chelsea but so far silent on this, perhaps as we're not publicly for sale.
The way he came up too late with a bid for Chelsea was embarrassing because it was all last minute and not serious enough to stop the negotiations with Todd Boehly's group. I swear that there are businessmen who love to dither and dither with the hope that the price tag goes down before they get pushed aside by a man/group with a better offer; I have seen that before with other professional sports clubs.

Spoony

The People's President
Where the hell are people getting these numbers? There are about 165 million shares outstanding. Current share price is around $12. If you throw in a 20% premium on the current trading price, you get around $2.4 billion. Throw a crazy 50% premium on it and you're at around $3 billion. I believe the outstanding debt was around $800m last I checked. Let's just call it $1 billion. So you're looking at around $3.5 - 4 billion in enterprise value. That's dollars. How the hell is anyone getting to 8 or 9 billion POUNDS?

No idea. I'll see if I can find that clip.

Offsideagain

I fear this is just more smoke and mirrors. The consortium only has ‘pledges’ for money, not the money. Sir Jim already owns Nice so couldn’t become involved in buying United as that would infringe UEFA rules. So he would have to sell Nice, which won’t happen soon. He can’t even loan the money to the consortium as that would also break UEFA rules although that never stopped City. Sir Jim is a business man first and a United fan second, he won’t pour good money after bad and has already said United are a shitshow. Perhaps not in those words but he recognises how badly the club has been managed since David Gill jumped ship. I hope I am totally wrong about this, but Mr. Knighton has shown he’s all mouth and no trousers before.

Counterfactual

Are there even enough shares with voting rights to force a hostile takeover? I didn't think there were, unless I'm misunderstanding "hostile takeover".

'But my intention is to present these owners with a legitimate, potent and commercial offer to say: 'You have run out of road, it's time go, because your time is up'.

That's not a hostile takeover, is it?

The Irish Connection

I know, it’s plain wrong. Anything around 4.5 billion would surely tempt them.
I have a feeling Ratcliffes late Chelsea bid was a carrot to try to lure the glazers out.

As for Knighton, a couple people touched on it, I couldn’t give a shite if he’s a tit, he’s a millionaire with wealthy connections and he’s drumming up interest.

We need to do our part and pressure the glazers to consider a sale through protests.