Michael Knighton preparing a hostile bid to remove the Glazers

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would something like this be success driven? When it first popped up i feared it would be Glazers mk2.

It might start a bidding war if the Knighton consortium has any legs
It all depends on who would emerge as the front Man/Woman for the takeover. But if we look at the Chelsea takeover and how the consortium led by Boehly was reported to have agreed to certain conditions when it came to developing the stadium/training facilities and pledging funds on the football side of the club. The same should apply to us aswell, along with wiping the debt out and not taking dividends.

We've probably got the worst owners in the EPL. We can only go up with potential new ownership.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I don't want another group of American owners, but this might open things up for different parties to come into play.

wangyu

Knowing our luck it will be us going out of the frying pan into the fire.

Isle

I’m at a point that I want anyone but Glazers.
Same here, not all every businessman are like Glazers. Hope something gives away and forces Glazers to sell the club. Also as this could potentially open doors for a bidding war.

Slysi17

I don't want another group of American owners, but this might open things up for different parties to come into play.
It just said New York based investment fund. Might not be American. The Saudi PIF investment fund has an office in New York

Marcus

We need owners interested in increasing the worth of the club through success. Not being small time and wanting to take dividends out of the club. The Glazers put none of their own money in. There is no difference if another set of owners comes in and does the same.

cfkane

For those saying they don't want American owners, remember, Liverpool is owned by Americans, and they seem a well run club. I don't want anyone from a place that murders journalists and stuff, but if they actually care about and understand football, they can be from Timbuktu as far as I care.

Boondog

For those saying they don't want American owners, remember, Liverpool is owned by Americans, and they seem a well run club. I don't want anyone from a place that murders journalists and stuff, but if they actually care about and understand football, they can be from Timbuktu as far as I care.
Yes and I'm afraid Chelsea's owner is going to be excellent. We just got the bad end of the spectrum with the Glazers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's got nothing to do with them being American that make the Glazers bad owners. It's just about them as a family sadly.

Plenty of clubs in the PL are American owned and all seem to be ran well and without chaos unlike us.

We just happened to get leeches. Blood suckers. We were the unlucky ones sadly.

dove

That's very debatable. They are not really spending money and are very lucky to have Klopp at the helm.

LordSpud

Also theres rules in place now (see Chelsea) where a new owner couldnt come in and do what they Glazers have done. So really we just need them to feck off and see how it goes from there. It wouldnt be the same as far as just taking dividends out every year.

Superden

Possibly one of the worst months we've had football wise with the omnishambles on and off the pitch. The share price is up 12 percent this month also. Yay!

Loon

:lol:
Possibly one of the worst months we've had football wise with the omnishambles on and off the pitch. The share price is up 12 percent this month also. Yay!
if rumours of a sale gain momentum, they’ll rocket.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Well that's that then. Exciting times ahead.

Hal9000

To be fair, American Owners have not been to bad for Liverpool, the Chelsea owner looks ambitious and even Kroenke is doing alright by Arsenal since they got rid of Usmanov. Guess it all depends who they get to front it.

God no, not this tosser.
Tosser, but richest man alive, knows how to run a business and can't say he's not ambitious and innovative.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
First we have apparent rumblings of a United sale, then Elon tweets this. It's the timing that makes it interesting. Otherwise I wouldn't take it seriously at all. Now I at least have 5% hope. Of course, it's the hope that kills.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Mostly macro. Markets have been shitting the bed on inflation and rate rises for a few months and now they're back to chugging along