Michael Knighton preparing a hostile bid to remove the Glazers

Brophs

The One and Only
I count a possible 5 head statues in that picture alone. The man is an absolute maniac.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Knowing very little about the man, never having heard him speak, I can't help but notice how utterly nice and likeable he looks on pictures

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
My sarcasm-o-meter must be broken. Can’t tell if being serious…..
No really, I'm serious. Before this thread I never heard of him before, so would assume I'm seeing him without much bias. He just looks like a friendly and nice guy, what can I say :lol: ?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No really, I'm serious. Before this thread I never heard of him before, so would assume I'm seeing him without much bias. He just looks like a friendly and nice guy, what can I say :lol: ?
You should watch his video interview, comes off as a right buffoon. Personally I think he looked better in 89 with the rash and curtains haircut. Looks like some sort of evil genius now, just with out the genius.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
My abiding memory of the guy is coming out in front of the Stretford End in kit doing keepy-uppies before the start of the first game of the season. Standing in the Stretford End, I then watched as we demolished then-champions Arsenal 4-1. New boys Neil Webb (who scored) and Mike Phelan looked good on a sweltering hot day... but something yelled at me that the guy didn't have the money. he reminded me of a comedian (although to this day I can't remember who)

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
My abiding memory of the guy is coming out in front of the Stretford End in kit doing keepy-uppies before the start of the first game of the season. Standing in the Stretford End, I then watched as we demolished then-champions Arsenal 4-1. New boys Neil Webb (who scored) and Mike Phelan looked good on a sweltering hot day... but something yelled at me that the guy didn't have the money. he reminded me of a comedian (although to this day I can't remember who)
Michael Redmond?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
There is a great book called "Visionary" by Phillip Vine that details a lot of the stuff surrounding that takeover in 1989. Interesting read.

georgieworst

Why is anyone taking this guy seriously
I was in the Stretford Paddock the day Michael Knighton did his ball juggling act back in 1989 and before the 4-1 humbling of Arsenal ...the Stretford End sang in unison 'there's only one Michael Knighton ' they took him seriously...I reserved my judgement.

Reactions: Rood

FujiVice

He's feuding with Stephen Howson now. I dont think a man feuding with fan channels is the man to head a £6 billion takeover bid.

ROFLUTION

If he can get the talk going so the takeover talks doesnt fade, then thats fine with me. We need to not forget our mission, the Glazers need removal.

If Knighton is rambling on new channels then nothing’s changed in that regard really. We could use the noise somehow as a few transfers has dulled some fans into believing the Glazers are fine.

Come on Jim, please help us all out or it’ll all go in circles again sooner or later, please.

Adamsk7

The only use of this guy is that his hot air at least keeps the conversation going.,he’s probably as likely to launch a takeover as I am and I’m currently sitting in a coffee shop wondering whether it’s a bit frivolous to order a tuna toastie……

I’m loving my life

I actually thought it was Michael Knight taking us over when I first heard the rumours. How much is The Hoff worth? Maybe we should be making overtures to him instead?

Adamsk7

My god I've just watched it! It's absolutely hilarious :lol:

It genuinely feels like a Ricky Gervais sketch - the bit where he goes "I'm not here to promote my book, I make nothing from this book" then proceeds to hold it up facing the camera in the most awkward way and then talk about said book literally had me laughing out loud! I also loved the bits about Howson selling Ugg boots.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I wonder if facing a "hostile takeover" from this guy is akin to being "savaged by a dead sheep"...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Howson leads the second biggest United youtube channel in the world so its natural that his loyalists would swarm in to defend him. The same would happen if someone did something similar to Goldie.

From an unbiased perspective I think both came out of it badly. Knighton had every right to reply although he does come across as thin skinned. Howson on the other hand came even worse in my opinion. His dirty laundry had been aired in public big time and I assure you many would engage in a bit of research about the man. If so they'll probably be disgusted about the man, at least, that's what happened to me. Howson should thank the gods that Goldie hasn't taken the opportunity himself as his platform is way bigger then that channel.

Stretford Paddock have some of the finest football commentators on Youtube. If its truly owned by Jay then I think that they are better off cutting Howson loose and to bring in someone like Sam or Flex in the mix. They'll be amazing.

kaku06

Howson leads the second biggest United youtube channel in the world so its natural that his loyalists would swarm in to defend him. The same would happen if someone did something similar to Goldie.

From an unbiased perspective I think both came out of it badly. Knighton had every right to reply although he does come across as thin skinned. Howson on the other hand came even worse in my opinion. His dirty laundry had been aired in public big time and I assure you many would engage in a bit of research about the man. If so they'll probably be disgusted about the man, at least, that's what happened to me. Howson should thank the gods that Goldie hasn't taken the opportunity himself as his platform is way bigger then that channel.

Stretford Paddock have some of the finest football commentators on Youtube. If its truly owned by Jay then I think that they are better off cutting Howson loose and to bring in someone like Sam or Flex in the mix. They'll be amazing.
Couldn’t agree more. This Knighton guy is a clown and shouldn’t even be entertained. He can try to portray himself as serious as he wants but he comes out as a moron everytime he opens his mouth.

But nothing more cringy than that obnoxious bellend Howson. A thief who did try to rip off fans amongst many other things including wishing death on someone. The guy is so full of himself and arrogant. And ever since he started riding on Rio’s coattails, his arrogance is off the scale. How can someone take his side is beyond me.