Michael Oliver

Jep

Somewhere between Manchester and the shithole
He was awful again today. Gave Liverpool almost every 50/50. Milner should have had a second yellow after his tackle on Sanchez. And did anyone else see Matip's stamp on Young in our penalty box after a corner? Can't find it anywhere.
I saw it, was 2nd half. Sky played it once and went quiet, if it was pogba it would have been shown multiple times from different angles.

OldSchoolManc

Always comes to OT with a point to prove the fecker does. Most likely rubbing one out as we speak watching himself on slow motion giving a soft free-kick to the opposition.
Yeah, he’ll be rubbing his bean at fekking 70,000 people up the ass again.

KjaAnd

I saw it, was 2nd half. Sky played it once and went quiet, if it was pogba it would have been shown multiple times from different angles.
I can't find a GIF of it, but it was a deliberate kick with the studs. The Guardian even mentioned it in their live commentary: "54 mins. Young wins it there, despite Matip kicking at him from behind, and United get a free kick."

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I can't find a GIF of it, but it was a deliberate kick with the studs. The Guardian even mentioned it in their live commentary: "54 mins. Young wins it there, despite Matip kicking at him from behind, and United get a free kick."
Is it not the kind of thing that can be retrospectively punished? I never understand how the thing about referees not seeing it but not writing about it and all that nonsense...

KjaAnd

Is it not the kind of thing that can be retrospectively punished? I never understand how the thing about referees not seeing it but not writing about it and all that nonsense...
In theory, yes it can. But since the media have chosen to ignore it, I doubt anything will be made of it.

SoCross

Can someone please explain to me why they were awarded an indirect free kick at the very start of the game? Back pass? Looked like a foul on De Gea to me :rolleyes:

Bojan11

Milner should have been off. He made a cynical foul after being booked and should have been shown another yellow.

AJ10

In the second half one of our players was offside which the linesman called but allison threw the ball to continue play rather than taking a FK. Could someone explain to me how can you continue to play advantage when the linesman calls offside, surely it has to be a free kick for pool.

Shocking bit of play from the ref.

Steven Seagull

In the second half one of our players was offside which the linesman called but allison threw the ball to continue play rather than taking a FK. Could someone explain to me how can you continue to play advantage when the linesman calls offside, surely it has to be a free kick for pool.

Shocking bit of play from the ref.
You’ve answered your own question. They just play advantage instead of stopping the game. Happens all the time

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Can someone please explain to me why they were awarded an indirect free kick at the very start of the game? Back pass? Looked like a foul on De Gea to me :rolleyes:
I've never seen a back pass for when a keeper protected himself from an opposition player rushing in to get a foot on it while the ball barely touched the keepers hand. Never seen that in my life, he is such a weird ref. Did alright besides that.

Alejandro Angel

Milner should have been off. He made a cynical foul after being booked and should have been shown another yellow.
I cannot understand how Milner was not booked and then sent off again he took out Pogba and Sanchez. Henderson should have been booked at least for the challenge on Rashford. As Ole said if that is not systematic fouling i dint know what is.

Fitchett

Was shocking again today. He's clever enough not to give any major bad calls which will get picked up on TV, but all the free kicks he gave Liverpool which were unwarranted and not giving ones for us which he should have done. Always breaks up the rhythm of our play. Good to hear Ole calling him out for persistent fouls against Rashford, which went unpunished.

Two posters have earlier quoted stats which say it all for me. Only four wins out of 20 United games he's refereed in the PL and never sent off a player against us, but dismissed a United player four times. Cnut of the highest order.

OldSchoolManc

Was shocking again today. He's clever enough not to give any major bad calls which will get picked up on TV, but all the free kicks he gave Liverpool which were unwarranted and not giving ones for us which he should have done. Always breaks up the rhythm of our play. Good to hear Ole calling him out for persistent fouls against Rashford, which went unpunished.

Two posters have earlier quoted stats which say it all for me. Only four wins out of 20 United games he's refereed in the PL and never sent off a player against us, but dismissed a United player four times. Cnut of the highest order.
Thanks for pointing this out!
It is blindingly obvious that he’s an ABU, yet he refs a lot of our games.
The Joe Hart one where he sticks his head in Oliver’s face says it all.
He shouldn’t have played again that season.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
After James Maddison scores yesterday he took his shirt off to reveal a message to a little girl he’d befriended at Norwich who sadly died of cancer in January.

This brought out the twitter headmen abusing Oliver but here is Maddison’s response

Anustart89

He’s had a really good game tbf
If you're a Liverpool fan, yes.

Every 50/50 their way, Robertson escaping a booking for blatantly pulling Azpilicueta down on the counter off the ball, Fabinho being allowed to slide tackle from behind because he got a touch to the ball, but Luiz getting the ball and then pushing Firmino is somehow a foul. Yeah, great performance :rolleyes:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
oh please! Let's not make out your desperation for Liverpool to not win the league isn't affecting your view if he has performed the exact same way but given Chelsea the decisions rather than Liverpool you'd think he'd been superb, I barely noticed him and that, to me, is what dictates whether a ref has had a good game or not.

Anustart89

oh please! Let's not make out your desperation for Liverpool to not win the league isn't affecting your view if he has performed the exact same way but given Chelsea the decisions rather than Liverpool you'd think he'd been superb, I barely noticed him and that, to me, is what dictates whether a ref has had a good game or not.
Nice strawman.

Would you not agree with the specific calls I mentioned being wrong, and all favouring Liverpool? You don't tend to notice referees when they're biased towards the home side because the crowd doesn't get riled up, so I would disagree with your position that not noticing the referee = good performance in all cases.

Like I said, if you look at specific calls they were biased towards Liverpool. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, but don't put words in my mouth. As for what you've said, if he'd been biased towards Chelsea I would've said "he was favouring Chelsea but I don't give a shit". It's not like people in the same thread weren't acknowledging that Jesus was offside for the 3-1 goal and were saying it was a great call by the ref, just that they didn't give a shit.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Nice strawman.

Would you not agree with the specific calls I mentioned being wrong, and all favouring Liverpool? You don't tend to notice referees when they're biased towards the home side because the crowd doesn't get riled up, so I would disagree with your position that not noticing the referee = good performance in all cases.

Like I said, if you look at specific calls they were biased towards Liverpool. Let's just agree to disagree on this one, but don't put words in my mouth.
I'd have to watch them back but the very fact that I don't remember them and nothing really sticks out is my point, if there was no glaring errors then one side getting the rub of the green with decisions can happen

Adcuth

If you're a Liverpool fan, yes.

Every 50/50 their way, Robertson escaping a booking for blatantly pulling Azpilicueta down on the counter off the ball, Fabinho being allowed to slide tackle from behind because he got a touch to the ball, but Luiz getting the ball and then pushing Firmino is somehow a foul. Yeah, great performance :rolleyes:
His tag says he supports Leicester