Michael Oliver

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
100% VAR gives that to Liverpen
Yes. There would be no question. The explanation would be: "Wolves defender made a mistake, and lunged in uncontrollably trying to rectify it and caught Williams to prevent a clear chance on goal." Yellow card. They give these types of explanations sometimes and sometimes they don't, it is hilarious.

They must think every situation in football is insanely different and only they can judge the complexities of each a tackle in football fairly with their unique talent and trained eye. Nope, just biased and inconsistent.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That was never a pen. Still pretty silly from Dendoncker.
How can it both be silly from Deondocker and not be a penalty? If he wasn't late he wouldn't be silly would he? Did he touch the ball? Did he not foul a man in the penalty box?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I got a warning for this :lol: state of this site
I said our performance was aids the other day and the post was removed, so wishing it on someone will certainly evoke the powers that be :lol:

Pagh Wraith

How can it both be silly from Deondocker and not be a penalty? If he wasn't late he wouldn't be silly would he? Did he touch the ball? Did he not foul a man in the penalty box?
He shouldn't be sticking a leg out there at all. Players often make a second mistake to cover their first one when they shouldn't. Giving a penalty would have been laughable though. That was more a dive than a foul.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He shouldn't be sticking a leg out there at all. Players often make a second mistake to cover their first one when they shouldn't. Giving a penalty would have been laughable though. That was more a dive than a foul.
Do you not see the disparity in your logic? He did stick out a leg, he caught Williams. How on earth is that a dive? No possible way for Williams to keep his feet on the ground after his acceleration used to win the ball. Or are you one of those who thinks strong slow players should be awarded by hurting quick skilful ones? By the rules of the game, that is a clear penalty, no two ways about it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So many smiley/laughing emoji's, and yet I doubt any of you are actually laughing. The level passive aggression here is embarrassing.
I reckon he was actually drooling and that’s why he posted that smilie.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Needs to be sacked.

Can anyone name a referee who has been dropped due to their performances? I can remember controversial decisions or off pitch actions seeing them out on championship duty for a couple of weeks before picking up low profile EPL games again but the can’t think of a single referee who has been held accountable for their performances.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I wonder what happens if that’s pogba that tries the dummy in his own box and gets caught out, sticks a leg out and catches the man?

I’m pretty certain the narrative is different in the refs mind, in the var room and also in the analysis on TV. How can this be right ?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Can anyone name a referee who has been dropped due to their performances? I can remember controversial decisions or off pitch actions seeing them out on championship duty for a couple of weeks before picking up low profile EPL games again but the can’t think of a single referee who has been held accountable for their performances.
I'm too lazy to google but I've seen lots of comments from the retired referees themselves how they've got suspended or sent to officiate lower league's games. A match official evaluates their performance after each game and they have a rating system; if a referee had made a series of blunders, he's unlikely to get a bigger game, or he's going to be made a referee's assistant for the next games etc. They never publish this information as they want as little pressure from the outside world on them as possible, but a motivated person can analyse the stats and give us the full picture.

Take a look at the "referees' assessment" paragraph in this book if you're interested.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
As a minumum he should have told the ref to look at that penalty appeal again on pitchside monitor.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Michael Oliver the first English ref to go over to the VAR monitor, then sent off the Palace captain, rightly, for an incident against Derby

freeurmind

weak willed
Probably not his fault tonight but he's still a cnut. Maybe he could have checked with VAR?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Probably not his fault tonight but he's still a cnut. Maybe he could have checked with VAR?
For the disallowed goal? No the watch told him it hadn’t crossed the line.

how the duck it came to that decision when it was 2” over the line I don’t know. Must have forgot to turn it back on after the lockdown

Walters_19_MuFc

He wouldnt need to check with VAR because its not a VAR issue.

If the ball was over the line, his watch would have vibrated. That said, it quite clearly looked as if the ball was over the line, so God knows what's gone on there. Maybe his watch wasn't on?

Find it interesting they haven't showed it from a birds eye view like they normally do.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

how the duck it came to that decision when it was 2” over the line I don’t know. Must have forgot to turn it back on after the lockdown
they apparently never tested the system with someones arms wrapped around the ball like in this scenario

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Maybe they accidentally installed the Anfield technology at Villa Park?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He wouldnt need to check with VAR because its not a VAR issue.

If the ball was over the line, his watch would have vibrated. That said, it quite clearly looked as if the ball was over the line, so God knows what's gone on there. Maybe his watch wasn't on?

Find it interesting they haven't showed it from a birds eye view like they normally do.
VAR could have stepped in but didn't, why is the question?