Michael Oliver

Idxomer

Rather alarmingly, the VAR thought he got the red card call right. He was right to not give Dortmund the penalty initially and should have had the courage of his convictions to stick with his original decision.
Stuart Attwell was the var who's another terrible ref.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Oliver needs a lifetime ban from all professional games.

Jaxa

Rather alarmingly, the VAR thought he got the red card call right. He was right to not give Dortmund the penalty initially and should have had the courage of his convictions to stick with his original decision.
VAR has not been the problem at all, the technology if used correctly is great, however if you have idiots controlling it and making idiot decisions then it will never work

tomaldinho1

I get how he made the error in real time, I have zero idea how VAR didn't overrule.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I get how he made the error in real time, I have zero idea how VAR didn't overrule.
Same, the tackle at full speed looks bad as it's coming through the back of Anthony and looks like he might have caught him on the ankle.

It's the lack of humility and huge ego of the English referees to stick with their decisions even when blatently wrong that's the issue.

Nobody expects a referee to get everything right - but doubling down on a bad decision in front of the whole of Europe just stinks.

It's a yellow at worst.

matsdf

I think the penalty was called right. The guy hits Bellingham's ankles with his knees, I don't see how that is not a penalty.
The red card however... That has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen post VAR. The studs aren't raised, and he doesn't even hit him. Just an insane decision by the VAR team.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
VAR has not been the problem at all, the technology if used correctly is great, however if you have idiots controlling it and making idiot decisions then it will never work
The problem isn't that they're idiots, but that UEFA has set up steep hurdles for them to call the ref out. They have to ask the ref what he saw, that's the first thing they have to do, and as long as his descrition isn't completely and obviously erroneous they aren't even allowed to call him over to the screen to look at it. If Oliver said that he saw Hummels go into a reckless tackle or something along that line that's evidently not enough to allow the VAR-crew to intervene.
The whole system is set up to not embarrass UEFA's shit refs by constantly overturning their decisions.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I think the penalty was called right. The guy hits Bellingham's ankles with his knees, I don't see how that is not a penalty.
The red card however... That has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen post VAR. The studs aren't raised, and he doesn't even hit him. Just an insane decision by the VAR team.
Because Bellingham made another step and then went down like he was hit that second. It was a "dive" because the way he was hit, he would've never gone down. This is the only thing i hate about the VAR, players know full well if they go down when there was contact, they'll most likely get a pen. Even though the actual contact wouldn't always make them go down. Not really a dive, but still a way to trick the ref.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The problem isn't that they're idiots, but that UEFA has set up steep hurdles for them to call the ref out. They have to ask the ref what he saw, that's the first thing they have to do, and as long as his descrition isn't completely and obviously erroneous they aren't even allowed to call him over to the screen to look at it. If Oliver said that he saw Hummels go into a reckless tackle or something along that line that's evidently not enough to allow the VAR-crew to intervene.
The whole system is set up to not embarrass UEFA's shit refs by constantly overturning their decisions.
100% true and it goes even further than that. A ref gets grades at the end of games and if his grades aren't high enough, he could miss out of bonuses. Overturning his decisions with VAR negatively impacts his grades.

Strats

Stuart Attwell was the var who's another terrible ref.
Same thing happened in the euros(think it was a round of 16’s game) where Oliver took a ridiculous red card where the VAR room with Chris Kavanagh in charge didn’t have the balls to overrule.

The way English referees back each other no matter how bad the decision is fecking ridiculous. Completely convinced that they hate VAR and want the referee to keep control. Perfect stuff for self centered people like Oliver and Dean.

Red Stone

I'm just in here to say that he's a cnut. No particular reason. I just saw the thread bumped and felt like doing it, as always. I'm sure he'll give me a reason sooner rather than later, though. The cnut.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fair play, one of his better games last night. Didn't know he had it in him to make the right decision when he went to the monitor.

Still an obnoxious cnut though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What are the chances that he was one of them teacher's buttlickers at school who used to tell the teacher there was a homework when they forgot about it?

Fitchett

Fair play, one of his better games last night. Didn't know he had it in him to make the right decision when he went to the monitor.

Still an obnoxious cnut though.
He must have been absolutely gutted at having to disallow Villa's "goal" even though there was a clear foul and offside in the build up. I agree that was one of his better games, but I was amazed to see the post match stats on BBC website that Villa only conceded one foul all match. Really?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He must have been absolutely gutted at having to disallow Villa's "goal" even though there was a clear foul and offside in the build up. I agree that was one of his better games, but I was amazed to see the post match stats on BBC website that Villa only conceded one foul all match. Really?
They conceded 6 fouls + 3 offsides (the disallowed goal was counted as an offside).

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Very odd with injury time in the City game.

Ederson was down for 2 minutes in injury time and nothing was added on. Won't complain though!

Idxomer

Even this cnut looks unfit now, there's no accountability at all with the English refs.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Very odd with injury time in the City game.

Ederson was down for 2 minutes in injury time and nothing was added on. Won't complain though!
He's usually Michael Oliverpool and they celebrate him being appointed to their games like a goal. Thankfully that didn't seem to carry over.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Arnold should've been off by now. cnut
That’s the reason he didn’t give the first. No referee likes to give themselves a decision later on in a big match

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Arnold should've been off by now. cnut
Agreed, think he will be though, can’t cope with Elanga. TAA brilliant going forward but brutal defending, how he didn’t get booked for the foul on Rashford is mind blowing, cynical foul, no intentions of playing the ball.