Michael Owen has always been a cringe monster

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
That's a fantastic serve, but she'll be gutted it went wide.

GoldanoGraham

One trick pony - why he is used as a pundit beggars belief……he reminds me of the spitting image of John Major - dull and grey.

Bell. End.

Withnail

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I've read a load more replies to him... one of the funniest Twitter threads (responses) I've read for a while. Really taking it to the nth degree now..

It’s a funny thread. When people aren’t being toxic, Twitter can be quite fun. I loved the replies to David Ornsteins tweets — they’re hilarious.

Ixion

No point quoting them because they were from July but Owen at around 18-20 would absolutely have gone for 100m in today's money and around those years he was better than Ole if you're comparing peak to peak. It almost defies belief he didn't go on to break the England and Premier League goal records with the start he had because he was pretty lethal for a while.

Robertd0803

How did he ever win Sports Personality of the year when he was 18?? On what acheivement??

Brophs

The One and Only
He describes his dad as his best mate. He’s not wired right.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
If you told me that was a Partridge line I’d believe it.
Pundit and public figure Owen is the best Partridge real-life incarnation by a mile, while Piers Morgan public figure just mirrors a condescending pr***.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No point quoting them because they were from July but Owen at around 18-20 would absolutely have gone for 100m in today's money and around those years he was better than Ole if you're comparing peak to peak. It almost defies belief he didn't go on to break the England and Premier League goal records with the start he had because he was pretty lethal for a while.
Hang on, are you suggesting a wonder kid who won the Ballon D'or and was bought by peak Real Madrid was better than our beloved Ole who couldn't regularly displace Cole and Yorke?!

stevoc

He’s a narcissist and completely unaware of it. The lead character in the movie of life and when anything happens he thinks “Interesting, how does this fit around Michael Owen?”
Michael wouldn't like that, he never watches Movies apparently.

Brophs

The One and Only
20-30 guys from this thread noted that line down.
”A lot of sleazy guys say they work for the FBI and then make a joke about being Female Body Inspectors. Not me, though. I’m an actual P.I……a PUSS INSPECTOR. Anyway, lovely to meet you and your elderly mum today. Call me when you get this message.”

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That line about how everyone thinks he's an angel until they meet him. The first words out of his mouth are probably "phwoar look at them, eh? Wouldn't mind having my face face between them, eh?" *Looks up and around at everyone's face to gauge reaction* "eh?! Hey there, lad. Michael Owen, one of the greatest footballers of all time. I've even got a Ballon d'Or to prove it." *Takes award out of custom made satchel* "have you ever won one? Ah! I'm only joking mate. You'll come to realise that I'm rather humorous. Oh, OH! Check that one out! Eh? Phwoooaaaarrr!"

And the person thinks "ah, so he's just a peenarse."