Michael Owen has always been a cringe monster

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He doesn't care about Liverpool either, he just happens to be paid by them at the moment. He only cares about Michael Owen. If Liverpool win the league and he jumps around the studio, their fans will still tell him to feck off because they know what he is.

tenpoless

Tenpoless' theory about the "fascinating idiot" Michael Owen :

When Jose was our manager and We were in deep shit, He saw a chance - He tried to be even more critical than He actually was when He said We had no chance against PSG. He tried to show people if He's not as daft as people think He was - "Hey me also controversial and very smart!".

He then tried backup his statement when We lost at home and added snide comments like "I'd tell my players to kick Rashford because He's injured if I was the manager" to generate even more attention and that He secretly wanted us to not progress (because He wanted to be proven right). After the first leg, He was becoming really sure that We'd not advance further, waiting for his "I told you so" moment on TV.

But alas, it didn't go as his expectation. We won the game in a legendary fashion and when the other pundits were celebrating, He refused to join in and not because He necessarily hates us. It's simply because He'd have made a much bigger fool out of himself if He did. He had no other choice but to praise us but still "playing it cool" for the Television - "Me no big fan of United, me wrong but me praise now, me still look cool!".

Next season, I wish He'll get replaced by Antonio Valencia on TV. Yes, the guy can't speak English but I'd rather watch a paint dry than to listen to Michael Owen. Hell, Valencia could sing the Ecuadorian version of Careless Whispers or do 1000 crosses with his left foot and it's still going to have more insights than Owen's commentaries for 3 football matches.

He's turning into a Stevie Me and that's how you end up acting de mickey.

clarkydaz

He doesn't care about Liverpool either, he just happens to be paid by them at the moment. He only cares about Michael Owen. If Liverpool win the league and he jumps around the studio, their fans will still tell him to feck off because they know what he is.
Exactly. Even when he played for them he was more bothered about being England's pin up boy

stevoc

Michael Owen has never watched more than 5 films and has never had a cup of tea. It isnt a real person. He was built from the pube of a jobless scouse hooligan and a dwarf actress from Crossroads back in 1979. Even if he wanted to get excited, it would take a Horse's cock getting erect to muster it.
That really is bizarre how is that even possible. If he hates films then i doubt he likes TV either.

He must be bullshitting, i don't think its possible for a human being who grew up in England in the 80's to have not watched a load of films and and least find some mildly entertaining.

SirFergie

I swear, I'll never not laugh at that video of Michael Owen chuffed to death that he's putting the ball past a 13 year old ginger. He's so happy, it makes me happy. He really should have retired then.

Amazing that it was filmed at Stoke's ground as well. Probably the best thing he ever did in that city.
:lol:

Red Stone

I swear, I'll never not laugh at that video of Michael Owen chuffed to death that he's putting the ball past a 13 year old ginger. He's so happy, it makes me happy. He really should have retired then.

Amazing that it was filmed at Stoke's ground as well. Probably the best thing he ever did in that city.
His ridiculous "GEEEET IN THEEEERE!" yell is something I'm not ashamed to say I imitate every time I feel like overly celebrating an incredibly underwhelming achievement, complete with the fist pump and everything. Roll a four of a kind of fives when I'm playing Yahtzee? It's coming out. Sitting alone in the office and throwing a ball of paper into the bin from three yards away? It's coming out. Managing to measure up exactly the right amount of flour on the first go without looking at the scales while making pizza dough? Oh, it's definitely coming out.

"Well done, he's thirteen..."

burnageboy

Supports
Man City
Credit where credit is due. Most of the ex-utd & liverpool 'pundits' are generally unbiased and very sincere in their opinions when it comes to discussing Utd or their obvious rivals - Liverpool, City etc. But Owen is incapable of providing any kind of objectivity and almost every word that comes out of his mouth is bias bile. How the likes of BT think he is a worthwhile addition to their pundit team is beyond me. Last night, we had Rio, on the one hand, clearly celebrating an astonishing win (and that's coming out of the mouth of a City Fan!) but at the same time, stating that in his opinion, that even having seen the VAR footage, it was not a penalty. Thats good, honest, objective and constructive opinion making. Owen is incapable of the same kind of integrity - on any level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveJ

clarkydaz

Credit where credit is due. Most of the ex-utd & liverpool 'pundits' are generally unbiased and very sincere in their opinions when it comes to discussing Utd or their obvious rivals - Liverpool, City etc. But Owen is incapable of providing any kind of objectivity and almost every word that comes out of his mouth is bias bile. How the likes of BT think he is a worthwhile addition to their pundit team is beyond me. Last night, we had Rio, on the one hand, clearly celebrating an astonishing win (and that's coming out of the mouth of a City Fan!) but at the same time, stating that in his opinion, that even having seen the VAR footage, it was not a penalty. Thats good, honest, objective and constructive opinion making. Owen is incapable of the same kind of integrity - on any level.
him leaning back with arms folded came across really forced. There were times in CL games under LVG he would refer to united as 'we'

Runner

His ridiculous "GEEEET IN THEEEERE!" yell is something I'm not ashamed to say I imitate every time I feel like overly celebrating an incredibly underwhelming achievement, complete with the fist pump and everything. Roll a four of a kind of fives when I'm playing Yahtzee? It's coming out. Sitting alone in the office and throwing a ball of paper into the bin from three yards away? It's coming out. Managing to measure up exactly the right amount of flour on the first go without looking at the scales while making pizza dough? Oh, it's definitely coming out.
:lol:

Balagan

I wish I could embed videos - if anyone has the inclination then just search for Michael Owen Dubai on YouTube - believe you me it’s worth it - espevially the 9 minute extended tour of Dubai via Michael’s chopper

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's one of the weirdest people I've ever seen. Doesn't watch films, has the personality of a brick and the fans of all of his old clubs hate him. Absolutely bizarre bloke.

Dave89

Nope, credit to him for his honesty, Hargreaves' insincerity is what was most notable there.

Matt007a

He must be smarter than he appears. He's made a lot of money outside of football with horses and property. He was on Through the Keyhole a few weeks back and has genuinely got one of the nicest homes I've ever seen.

Maybe he just has a really clever team around him. His comments over the years have been nothing short of embarrassing. He is totally devoid of a personality.

JohnnyKills

Totes cringe. He's the most dull, uninspiring man ever.

Bet he still wanks to the Debenhams underwear catalogue.

Dave89

Nope!Nothing insincere about it. He's been very fair to Utd in games I've seen.
Carragher is very fair to us (mostly), doesn't mean he'd enjoy watching that. Hargreaves went to city and began trashing us. That celebration was an act for the cameras.

JohnnyKills

He obviously hates Utd, so why not just come out with it and say so?
He's a Liverpool ambassador isn't he. Would lose the gig if he jumped up and cheered.

I do hope it made him furious inside though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He must be smarter than he appears. He's made a lot of money outside of football with horses and property. He was on Through the Keyhole a few weeks back and has genuinely got one of the nicest homes I've ever seen.

Maybe he just has a really clever team around him. His comments over the years have been nothing short of embarrassing. He is totally devoid of a personality.
Dull as ditchwater.

No idea why he's booked as a pundit. Love this!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Just look how he acts putting the ball past a 13 year old keeper, gotta love Southall digging him out though.

Ah, now. Yea fecker annoyed me last night, Lineker and Ferdinand going mental and even Hargreaves too, but M. Owen just sitting there. But he was just having the craic with the young lad, actually thought he was a good sport about it, getting in the spirit and playing the part.

stepic

He's a Liverpool ambassador isn't he. Would lose the gig if he jumped up and cheered.

I do hope it made him furious inside though.
he doesn't have to go mental but nothing wrong with a little clap or.... something.

i mean, the guy won a league with us ffs. now he's trying to put on this 'anti united' act. he didn't seem to mind so much when he signed for us. it's so transparent.

Nori-

I was actually a bit surprised Owen didn't celebrate that Rashford goal. Always felt like he loved United slightly more than LFC and wished he had more years with us. He always has good things to say about United.

I think most LFC fans would agree with that. He gets a lot of stick from them for his position as a Liverpool Ambassador

Devil may care

It was the look on his face more than the lack of celebration that I noticed, and I was surporised at Lineker's reaction, he celebrated Lukaku's second as well, I guess he's one those guys that supports English clubs vs foreign teams no matter what. Rio's enthusiasm when he was talking about giving Ole the contract and ruubbing his hands together saying "We're back!" was gold. :D

JSArsenal

I'm not sure the first part of your sentence is a problem. To be honest a lot of footballers don't actually care about the club they play or played for. Its just a job to them.

What annoys me about Owen is how fake he is with it. Everyone knows he doesn't care one iota about Liverpool but now because he works for them, he's got to pretend he does and he can't even pretend convincingly.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Nope, credit to him for his honesty, Hargreaves' insincerity is what was most notable there.
Eh? I dont think anyone is more disappointed about his United career than Hargreaves himself. Regardless of what Fergie has said about him Hargreaves to this day still says we're the only club he'd of left Bayern for.

My only problem with Hargreaves is he overhypes everyone but I guess being a glass half full type of person is better than a glass half empty one

Inter Yer Nan

Just behind Di Maria as the player I regret most having played for us but I am chuffed he's a Liverpool ambassador and hated even more by their fans than ours. That said he has the charisma of a rotten beansprout.

The Real Treble 99

Wow.

Yesterday just showed his Lfc through & through. We gave him a club a chance & a title & he couldn’t even produce a clap & a smile for us. I only saw the clip today, proves the guy completely used us during he’s tenure with us only for his own gain. Yes he’s a pool ambassador but he’s hated by their fans anyway so what difference would that have made. Not forgetting the comment he made during the East Lancs Derby, what a miserable human being.

gormless

Meh, I don't really care about his opinion or how he reacts to our goals.

All I know is, he did a decent job for United when he was there, scored some vital goals for us, and didn't once complain about being on the bench.