Michael Owen has always been a cringe monster

Nero

Full the full Michael Owen cringe experience have a watch of his helicopter tour of Dubai promo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had an absolute nightmare over the weekend.

Declared Madrid as being lucky to scrape through the group stages. 15 points (!)
Van D best defender of all time.
Liverpool best in Europe despite literally just coming runners up in both league and cup.

ShinjiNinja26

Had an absolute nightmare over the weekend.

Declared Madrid as being lucky to scrape through the group stages. 15 points (!)
Van D best defender of all time.
Liverpool best in Europe despite literally just coming runners up in both league and cup.
Sounds like standard Michael Owen to me.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
shouldve been Berbatov on the bench
Both were pretty redundant choices against that Barcelona team in fairness.

The real surprise is what made Fergie think a Carrick - Giggs 2 man midfield was what was called for.
Brilliant against "Normal" teams, but that side were an all time worldly.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Both were pretty redundant choices against that Barcelona team in fairness.

The real surprise is what made Fergie think a Carrick - Giggs 2 man midfield was what was called for.
Brilliant against "Normal" teams, but that side were an all time worldly.
Our options were limited to be fair.
I also think fletcher was unavailable due to his stomach problems.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yes it’s fake, the clue is in the handle

youngrell

“You has no chance with that one”

Yes, mate, you’re a professional footballer volleying the ball from the 6 yard line.

Revaulx

It may not have been in this thread but I distinctly remember a poster (or posters) speculating that Owen is on the autism spectrum to some degree based on certain mannerisms he displays. After reading those posts, I cannot unsee it.

The monotone voice, apparent inability to read social cues (outlandish, nonsensical claims in his punditry often), a tendency to speak about his own interests or directing conversations towards his own end (linked to previous point), inability to cope with unexpected events (his bizarre rant last night about Liverpool still being the best team in Europe despite not being i. English league champions and ii. European champions), inability to conform to basic humour, obsession with winning (a major theme of his recent autobiography, which I’ve read), straight-talking honesty/being very literal in his language (sometimes his analysis comes across as very harsh and ‘cutting’).

I know it may be construed as a wild leap to make, but as I said, since I read posters here mentioning it a few months back, it’s been in my head ever since.
I was certainly one of them. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.
I've seen it debunked also on here.
Yeah well not everyone can be as perceptive as @Buchan and me :angel: