Gaming Microsoft buys Zenimax | 9th March: Bethesda games officially joins Microsoft. Unlucky Afro.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
We’re not living in Ready Player One just yet mate.

I’m talking about games released within the upcoming consoles cycles. Cloud gaming just isn’t there yet. You’re probably right it will be in the future of course.

There’s at least 5-10 years before they do away with the actual consoles entirely. Until that happens you have to pick one if you’re not lucky enough to be able to afford both, like most probably aren’t, and you’re essentially going to be punished because you can only get one.
Or get a PC.

Spiderman I had to buy a PS4 to play and that was the only option. These I can play on Xbox, PC, or I can stream (which wont be as good) on any connected device.

Alock1

Yeah I don’t doubt cloud gaming is the future. U.K. is way behind though because our infrastructure is crap.

Combine Stadia with gamepass and you’d be onto a winner.
What specifically regarding Stadia? Do you just mean a streaming stick and controller combo? Cause I am guessing MS will announce just that in near future.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not a fan of streaming, always rather have the hardware preferably not always online either...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Or get a PC.

Spiderman I had to buy a PS4 to play and that was the only option. These I can play on Xbox, PC, or I can stream (which wont be as good) on any connected device.
So spend even more money? That’s not the right answer.

Whichever way you dress it up, this is a big feck you from MS to people that will buy a PS.

Bojan11

Not the same as taking two massive franchises and making them exclusive.

They not exclusive. They on PC. Both these franchises are PC franchises regardless. Even Doom and Wolfenstein made their names on PC not consoles.

Also can’t wait for the new Silent Hill to come on Xbox and PC.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Or get a PC.

Well not really, it did hit PSNow. PSNow, that comparable service that you seem to have forgotten about. Streaming is niche right now, but it won't always a be. Long way off though...

When can I play last of us 2 on PC?
Wait until it hits PSNow? Right @Alock1?

Berbaclass

They not exclusive. They on PC. Both these franchises are PC franchises regardless. Even Doom and Wolfenstein made their names on PC not consoles.

Also can’t wait for the new Silent Hill to come on Xbox and PC.
I’m arguing against exclusive games I don’t get your point, whether it’s MS or Sony I don’t care.

I’m talking specifically about TES and Fallout because it’s a thread about specifically that.

Bojan11

I’m arguing against exclusive games I don’t get your point, whether it’s MS or Sony I don’t care.

I’m talking specifically about TES and Fallout because it’s a thread about specifically that.
They not exclusive. There’s a thing called PC, maybe you should check it as it can play games too.

Exclusive is where it’s on one system. Just like how Silent Hill will be.

Alock1

Well not really, it did hit PSNow. PSNow, that comparable service that you seem to have forgotten about. Streaming is niche right now, but it won't always a be. Long way off though...

Wait until it hits PSNow? Right @Alock1?
PSNow is only on PS4 isn't it?? Can I get it on other devices?

Last I knew you couldn't stream outside PS4 (unless you used a PS4 to stream)

But if I'm wrong, fair enough.

Berbaclass

They not exclusive. There’s a thing called PC, maybe you should check it as it can play games too.

Exclusive is where it’s on one system. Just like how Silent Hill will be.
The market for console v PC is considerably larger so it might as well be exclusive.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Fair enough. Good start.

So you're both saying it's exactly the same as the Bethesda games on Xbox / game pass and not coming to PS then. Great!
It’s been on PC ages as far as I’m aware. There are actually some excellent games on there, though I still think £8.99 is too much when I’m having to pay a separate PS Plus subscription so they need to sort that this gen. Give me a combined subscription option for Now and Plus and I’ll pay it

Alock1

The point was its no different to make TES available to Xbox, PC and all devices via gamepass (except other consoles who don't want gamepass) than what Sony did with Spiderman. Seems we all agree.

Alock1

It’s been on PC ages as far as I’m aware. There are actually some excellent games on there, though I still think £8.99 is too much when I’m having to pay a separate PS Plus subscription so they need to sort that this gen. Give me a combined subscription option for Now and Plus and I’ll pay it
Obviously this will be the long term plan for them. They may never put games day 1 on there like Xbox but they will of course move to a device agnostic subscription model at some point.

I tried it before and the streaming wasn't great. Hrd to know if that was my setup at the time or whatever cloud solution they are leveraging (maybe even MS Azure?). Sure I'll get back on it at some point as xcloud has been surprisingly good for me this week but still a while away from ideal.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Obviously this will be the long term plan for them. They may never put games day 1 on there like Xbox but they will of course move to a device agnostic subscription model at some point.
Hopefully. To be fair you can get a 12 month subscription from CD Keys for £34.99 which equates to £2.91 a month which is great value. Tempted.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The point was its no different to make TES available to Xbox, PC and all devices via gamepass (except other consoles who don't want gamepass) than what Sony did with Spiderman. Seems we all agree.
I’ve lost track of what you were all arguing about tbf :lol:

Berbaclass

Where has anyone argued that Sony doing it = good and Microsoft doing it = bad

They're both shitty things to do. I'm sure there's more of them too.

Bojan11

The market for console v PC is considerably larger so it might as well be exclusive.
Nope.

PC gaming is not some niche like it was a decade ago. It’s growing and it’s why Sony tested the waters with Horizon and Death Stranding. Both which were top sellers on Steam.

So it’s not exclusive. You can play on PC and Xbox. Android phone, smart TV and browser. The word exclusive means it’s playable on one device.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Nope.

PC gaming is not some niche like it was a decade ago. It’s growing and it’s why Sony tested the waters with Horizon and Death Stranding. Both which were top sellers on Steam.

So it’s not exclusive. You can play on PC and Xbox. Android phone, smart TV and browser. The word exclusive means it’s playable on one device.
So Xbox still doesn’t have any exclusives

Bojan11

I tried it before and the streaming wasn't great. Hrd to know if that was my setup at the time or whatever cloud solution they are leveraging (maybe even MS Azure?). Sure I'll get back on it at some point as xcloud has been surprisingly good for me this week but still a while away from ideal.
They won’t. Jim Ryan said last week he isn’t a fan of putting AAA games in subs on day one as these games cost millions to make. Hence why they raised the prices to £70.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Gamepass is so good that even if you're a die-hard Sony player, it's worth getting an Xbox if you don't have a PC.

Cloud7

I'm getting nightmares of numerous paid expansions, microtransactions, loot boxes, grind and dopamine inducing game mechanics in Bethesda games.... Thanks a lot mate I was quiet optimistic about all this a minute ago.
Probably the wrong thread, but after Fallout 76 I've been genuinely concerned that this is the direction Bethesda intend on taking their future games anyway, which depresses me.

Bojan11

Hopefully. To be fair you can get a 12 month subscription from CD Keys for £34.99 which equates to £2.91 a month which is great value. Tempted.
Shame you don’t buy your PSN wallet top ups from them or ShopTo. You crazy man.

Berbaclass

Nope.

You sound like a corporate guy trying to impress me in a meeting :lol:

Bojan11

You sound like a corporate guy trying to impress me in a meeting :lol:
I am corporate.

But all this is pointless. Starfield won’t be out for another 3 years and Elder Scrolls feck knows. Problem with Elder Scrolls also is that it probably be released nearly 15 years since the last one came out and there’s a danger people who cared about the franchise move on or even stop playing games by time it is out. You let a franchise rest for too long and people forget about it.

For Fallout, I guess they could give it to Obsidian.

Balljy

What makes gamepass so good compared to the playstation equivalent? Ive never tried either.
Just the amount & variety of games. Also, they have brand new (big) games available to play on release day such as Flight Sim 2020 and Crusader Kings 3 on PC in the last couple of weeks. I still can't quite get my head around doing this for new games without at least a months delay.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
PS fans two days ago:
Xbox has no exclusives. Who wants an Xbox

PS fans today:
FECK xbox, They should allow all their owned IPs on PS