Film Mike Bassett: Interim Manager (2016)

Flying Fox

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-bassett-interim-manager-set-3252424

A sequel to the 2001 football comedy Mike Bassett: England Manager is set to be filmed later this year.

According to Digital Spy, actor Ricky Tomlinson has signed up to the new project, where he will reprise his role as the bad-tempered and slightly deluded Three Lions' boss.

Titled Mike Bassett: Interim Manager, the new film sees the fictional coach return to the national team setup to assist German Jorgen Mannstein.

Its filming will coincide with this summer's World Cup in Brazil, where Bassett - against all odds - took England to the semi-finals in the original film.
:D Should be good!

Zen

I don't know if they can recapture the gold since the Internet does it all anyway now. The 2001 happened at just the right time.

Zen

First ones amazing. The pro quotes are the best things about it. All true too of course.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
People who hate football still love this.

The journalists are the best. "The players don't want you, the fans don't want you, your wife doesn't want you".

The series was.. Alright

Sam

Loved the first film, and I quite enjoyed the series too. Hope this is as good.

nemanja nemagic

'Shut it you fenian'

'Hey...I'm a fenian'

:lol: always gets me that line. First one had bright spots, the series was awful. Can't see the second film doing much, will watch it based on my nostalgia for the first however

Woodzy

Watched the movie last night. Was brilliant. The Benson and Hedges part had me in stitches.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Oh, feck the apology! You could go to jail for this! What sort of system am I going to play then? Three across the middle and one in bloody Pentonville?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
"Last night Mike had a dream that Bobby Moore was chasing him round Wembley Stadium shouting "Look what you've done you bloody idiot"