Mike Dean

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There's no reason to book Lovren there. Imagine having a player sent off for that. Not sure why there's a need to book Coleman but he's a mouthy prick so he could well have said something.

Barkley was so useless I could genuinely bellieve that Dean calculated it was a greater punishment to Everton to leave him on the pitch...and he would have been correct.

Toad

Doesn't seem like much of a demotion, they have probably just selected him on the basis it's a high profile derby.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Why the feck should we suffer an incompetent ref? He should be suspended not just brushed under the carpet.

Nogbadthebad

'Demotion' in refereeing is a bad idea.

If someone is performing badly, then they need to stop and learn to do it better. Not have them do it for some other teams. If he can feck up a premier league game, he can feck up a championship one too. How is it right that when he does badly, other teams have to end up with him?

Having said that, I've managed to get to a few Burton games this year and there have been some shocking ref displays in them.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The cameras only came to see Mike Dean tonight in his world.

The football match and giant killing was a bonus.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Thought he was fine apart from that one that he gave against Lukaku, where he seemed to be implying that Lukaku fouled him 5 times in one go.

Don't you just hate his face when he makes any decision though? It's got a scrawny Donald Trump sort of look to it. There isn't a smugger face on earth.

saivet

You guys do know the free kick that we scored from shouldn't have been a foul.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He was fine tonight. Pogba deserved his booking.

My only complaint was the bizarre keeper blocking he allowed throughout, haven't seen that before.

One of his performances with us imo.

p2pZeus

Referee is not the reason we lost, but there is something off about this guy. It's like he has a secret agenda or just completely incompetent. Mike Dean needs help because its not only us he targets, I have seen in other games as well. He is horrible, once a team or player gets on his wrong side he keeps provoking the team/player by not giving anything to team to prove a point. FA needs to look into this, he is ruining football matches.

Sylar

Thought he was poor overall.
The pogba free kick wasnt one.
Every time theres a free kick he doesnt let it start quickly cos he needs to do some sort of motion which ensures the camera will focus on him.
In the first half he was being pressured by the crowd and seemed to give into that.

Its like he was on a mission to give the wrong decision for both teams lmao

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Saw Arsenal conceded a penalty in the the 89th away to WBA yesterday and seen Dean was the ref. To my utter surprise it was a questionable decision. Good ol' Mike.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fell asleep during the match but woke up for City's pen. The way he pointed to the spot, absolute fecking weirdo.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He thinks he's part of the show. It's not the first time he's doing weird shit.

kps88

He's on 99 career red cards. Hope he does something special for the century.

Camilo

I like him. He just loves football, and clearly does his absolute best. What's not to like? Life's too short.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I like him. He just loves football, and clearly does his absolute best. What's not to like? Life's too short.
Agree, clearly loves his job and don't get the impression he does anything for others, pretty sure his quirky things are purely for his own enjoyment.

Bojan11

The only think I like about him is he doesn’t take shit off the players. He never lets them in control or bully him into decisions. But he can be very inconsistent as a ref. I remember when he was giving penalties galore at a start of a season for grabbing and then stopped.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He loves the focus to be on him, which isn't a great quality in a referee.

montpelier

I'm going to say again, that compared to a few I think he's an OK referee in that he tries to be the same for both sides. I at least can understand his decision-making a lot of the time.

I have seen him have some awful games, mind. And he does ham it up a bit.

Whereas with some of the others, I don't always feel I know which way they are giving stuff, it all ebbs & flows with what they fancy for an easy life.

So yeah, I'm a massive fan in a tentative kind of way, relating to how bad Oliver & Atkinson are, anyway.

Last edited:

Al-T

Pity he didn't ref the Norwich v Ipswich game today.
The theatrical flourishing of cards and posturing like a mime artist would have been extraordinary.

macheda14

The only think I like about him is he doesn’t take shit off the players. He never lets them in control or bully him into decisions. But he can be very inconsistent as a ref. I remember when he was giving penalties galore at a start of a season for grabbing and then stopped.
He wasn't the only one, it was an initiative that either they feel worked (it didn't) or seems to have been dropped.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Prefer Mike Dean to Michael Oliver.

Put it this way: if they were teachers in school, Mike Dean would be the teacher who tried to be 'down with the kids' and fail embarrassingly at it, but he'd be fun. Oliver would be the teacher that took his job too seriously, locked kids in the supply cupboard for yawning, and would probably bully the kids - has that demeanour about him.

Yes, they're not actually teachers, but I find some referees more likeable if they look like they're enjoying the game and their job, and worry more about the ones that do it because of some sort of interiority complex, or consistently fail to give decisions to talented players purely because of that fact.