Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

city-puma

He finally starts playing the youngsters to inject the energy and intensity to the team.
I don’t understand why their fans target Xhaka who is clearly a critical player in their midfield. Same as what I don’t understand that our fans do the same to Fred.

Zen86

We laugh, but to be fair I think he’ll come good if Arsenal stay behind him. That club has been a mess for years.

dev1l

We laugh, but to be fair I think he’ll come good if Arsenal stay behind him. That club has been a mess for years.
Most of their problems are due to their board's incompetence.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That was never a pen was it? Just seen the replay, tierney just falls and is on his way down and then James catches him, James tackling left foot isn’t anywhere near him, he’s basically been caught mid dive and got a pen for it

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
If he is going to have a chance at turning it around, he needs to play these young players more and get rid of snakes like David Luíz from the squad

dev1l

If he is going to have a chance at turning it around, he needs to play these young players more and get rid of snakes like David Luíz from the squad
Young players need older players alongside them .

Chief123

He finally starts playing the youngsters to inject the energy and intensity to the team.
I don’t understand why their fans target Xhaka who is clearly a critical player in their midfield. Same as what I don’t understand that our fans do the same to Fred.
Fred is quality.

Xhaka is absolutely awful mate. So bad.

SinNombre

Because he won a game of football?

People want to sack Ole and he's done infinitely better.
Because he's won a HALF of football !!

With a soft penalty and Chelsea's FK hitting the bar and their's going in.

They have been as bad as always here.

Nick7

Xhaka scores a goal and all of a sudden he’s a critical player despite being fecking awful for years :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Young players need older players alongside them .
Not those kind of older players. The kind that can turn the dressing room against the manager. He is a sneak.

They need a few proper pros in there to set the example, but they have too many moody, down-tools type that need cleared out.

AshRK

The fact that it took this long for him to play youngsters is bizarre. He should stick by it rather than wasting time on junk players.

criticalanalysis

Fred is quality.

Xhaka is absolutely awful mate. So bad.
Xhaka scores a goal and all of a sudden he’s a critical player despite being fecking awful for years :lol:
Thanks, I thought I was going bonkers there and was starting to doubt myself. Like 'has Xhaka actually been underrated?'. I'm not one of those 'I've not watch him a lot but every time he plays he looks..' type of people who post those comments but it really couldn't be more true with Xhaka; every time I watch him play, he looks proper bad, like a Herrera at his bottom level consistently.

There's technique and talent but mostly headless, lacking composure and end product.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I guess I misjudged him. Must be given time to finish what he started.

always_hoping

That win tonight could turn out to be a big boost in Arsenals relegation battle but then again Watford beating Liverpool 3-0 last season wasn't enough to keep them up.

Cloud7

This is their first league win since United right? Proper lower league game raisers at this point.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lampard is just one of the few managers who you can argue is worse than him in the league. Not much more to it than that.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This season's last season's Ole
Not really. This time last year, our side had great underlying numbers (4th best xG and best xGA after 15 games) and if you think about the fixtures - all of them - we were unlucky to drop points in a lot of games - Pen miss vs Palace and Wolves costing us 5 points, 2 points dropped vs Southampton despite being clearly better, Villa and Newcastle scored a couple of worldies against us and so on.

With Arsenal, I don't think they can say that. Maybe something at Everton and Burnley but that's about it. However, at the same time, one can say they were lucky to get anything vs WHU earlier this season

Irwin99

We came in 3rd last season, no way Arse are finishing 3rd this season.
3rd was almost unimaginable in the first half of last season (pre Bruno) where we were utterly dire most of the time. Not saying Arsenal will get top 4 but they're not as bad as where they are. If they string a few wins together they could still be an outside bet for Europe. Need a big Bruno-esque signing in January though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
3rd was almost unimaginable in the first half of last season (pre Bruno) where we were utterly dire most of the time. Not saying Arsenal will get top 4 but they're not as bad as where they are. If they string a few wins together they could still be an outside bet for Europe. Need a big Bruno-esque signing in January though.
No wonder people want Ole sacked if they think we’re as bad as this arsenal team

justsomebloke

And people were laughing when they beat us.

It's another of their Cup Finals, normal service resumed in the next match.
I guess I misjudged him. Must be given time to finish what he started.
I'm not with either of you. Nobody knows at this point. He turned it around today. We'll know in three rounds or so if that was a fluke or not.

Frank Lampard though. This won't do. Fun fact: Chelsea has not beaten a team placed higher than 10th so far this season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So this was the match. I assumed they’d get a big result and everything would be fine again.

Arteta is a genius. Greatest manager in the world

Dinghy

This is just like when LVG fielded a lot of youngsters. Nice one-off performance, then they'll come crashing down again.

Irwin99

No wonder people want Ole sacked if they think we’re as bad as this arsenal team
Didn't say anything about Ole being sacked at all :confused: but last season was pretty dreadful a lot of the time until January, despite winning a few big games (Spurs and City at a point where morale was seriously low). I think people now just want to craft a narrative that it was always going to turn into something good when in reality we were going through a rough time and the performances weren't good at all.

As for Arsenal, I don't think they're as bad as the table suggests. They have a few fixtures coming up that look decent/winnable and If they win those then they might as well stick by Arteta for the rest of the season and evaluate from there (like we did with Ole and that turned out ok)

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Didn't say anything about Ole being sacked at all :confused: but last season was pretty dreadful a lot of the time until January, despite winning a few big games (Spurs and City at a point where morale was seriously low). I think people now just want to craft a narrative that it was always going to turn into something good when in reality we were going through a rough time and the performances weren't good at all.

As for Arsenal, I don't think they're as bad as the table suggests. They have a few fixtures coming up that look decent/winnable and If they win those then they might as well stick by Arteta for the rest of the season and evaluate from there (like we did with Ole and that turned out ok)
I didn’t mean to make out that you mentioned anything about wanting him sacked, just if there’s a general view that we were as bad as this arsenal team then I’m not surprised by it.

we may have had a few spells of bad worry or bad results but they were always inbetween winning runs and atleast showing some quality, this arsenal team to me looks lacking in most areas

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arteta to a T. Absolute shite but bags a win against a big club and all is forgotten. Same as last season.