Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

AshRK

All the more damning on Ole how good Arsenal looked that day.
They were not that good. It was a huge misconception. The truth was we were crap in that first 45 minutes. It was our worst performance this season. Zero intensity amd unfortunately for us arsenal were.motivated. But even the 2 goals they scored were very flukey.

In tje the second half we completely dominated them and all they did was defend. This whole myth arteta's arsenal has been playing attacking brand of football is bs. So far they are the same arsenal. Arteta needs time to build his ideas if he has any.

Pagh Wraith

Arsenal's stats have been those of a mid-table side for two seasons now. This is not a case of top four side going through a rough patch. They are just not that good.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They were not that good. It was a huge misconception. The truth was we were crap in that first 45 minutes. It was our worst performance this season. Zero intensity amd unfortunately for us arsenal were.motivated. But even the 2 goals they scored were very flukey.

In tje the second half we completely dominated them and all they did was defend. This whole myth arteta's arsenal has been playing attacking brand of football is bs. So far they are the same arsenal. Arteta needs time to build his ideas if he has any.
You’re only proving my point with that post...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Good interview and he's clearly pleased, but he wasn't asked why he dropped Saka for Kolasinac, which was a daft decision.

macheda14

Isn’t us being crap that day not ‘making them look good’ and therefore damning on Ole?

AshRK

Isn’t us being crap that day not ‘making them look good’ and therefore damning on Ole?
And this is not an Ole thread. The point was people were raving about arteta because they beat us when in reality we were crap that day. Fair play for that win but there were absurd comments like how arteta had implemented a style in 3 days and outplayed us, etc. etc. I said after that win, that if I were an Arsenal fan I wouldn't read too much to that result.

I still have not seen anything amazing or special with this Arsenal side under Arteta. They have been outplayed by their opponents quite easily and have been fortunate in some of the wins. One thing I would say he has done is he has made them resolute in defense (although today they looked vulnerable). They are hard to beat now and hence they are unbeatan in 2020. So fair play in that regard.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
And this is not an Ole thread. The point was people were raving about arteta because they beat us when in reality we were crap that day. Fair play for that win but there were absurd comments like how arteta had implemented a style in 3 days and outplayed us, etc. etc. I said after that win, that if I were an Arsenal fan I wouldn't read too much to that result.

I still have not seen anything amazing or special with this Arsenal side under Arteta. They have been outplayed by their opponents quite easily and have been fortunate in some of the wins. One thing I would say he has done is he has made them resolute in defense (although today they looked vulnerable). They are hard to beat now and hence they are unbeatan in 2020. So fair play in that regard.
Under Emery, Leno was getting shot at 84 times per minute. Arteta still has a lot of work to do but if you still can't see the improvement, i don't know what to tell you.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Under Emery, Leno was getting shot at 84 times per minute. Arteta still has a lot of work to do but if you still can't see the improvement, i don't know what to tell you.

He wouldn't give Arsenal credit if they won the league without conceding a goal. Some people just can't be objective. Best to ignore.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Good interview and he's clearly pleased, but he wasn't asked why he dropped Saka for Kolasinac, which was a daft decision.
Saka has been playing a lot of games lately. The kid is only 18 and I think today Arteta wanted to rest him and Martinelli. Kids easily suffer burnout.

AshRK

And you clearly need to re-read my post. I said he has made you guys resolute in defense and hard to beat.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
:lol:
Sorry if I am not deluded like some arsenal fans.

Not deluded, just not really able to process what you watch.

It's ok, you're hardly the first plastic who hasn't got much of a scooby about footy. Best not to let on with daft posts like that though.

arthurka

I think he is going in the right direction with this squad.. There has been a clear improvement under him, Arsenal now look to have a work ethic and a clear style under him. I think he will do well there.

AshRK

Not deluded, just not really able to process what you watch.
I am not going overboard like you want others to in praising him. I get it you are an arsenal fan and you will overrate everything you see. In fact I have been very balanced in judging Arteta or even one od your players pepe by saying it's too soon to judge them.

Arteta has done a good job of taking over a sinking ship and trying to get the best out of him. I never said he has done a bad job. I feel he needs to be given proper time and judged accordingly next January.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Playing Kolasinac over Saka makes no sense in any scenario.
It makes a lot of sense to rest overplayed players, ask any manager. And Kolasinac is not a bad defender and was a sensible option. Saka clearly showed signs of tiredness and sloppiness in the second half, and made a number of blunders which luckily for him and Arsenal went unpunished.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he is going in the right direction with this squad.. There has been a clear improvement under him, Arsenal now look to have a work ethic and a clear style under him. I think he will do well there.
There's a lot of players in that squad that will let him down and throw him under the bus like they did Wenger and Emery, he needs to get shot of the likes of Luiz and Xhaka

Looking at the fixtures Arsenal have a horrendous run in, need to make the most of these next few games

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It makes a lot of sense to rest overplayed players, ask any manager. And Kolasinac is not a bad defender and was a sensible option. Saka clearly showed signs of tiredness and sloppiness in the second half, and made a number of blunders which luckily for him and Arsenal went unpunished.

Yes he is a bad defender. Every decent Arsenal fan knows he's good at going forward but rubbish at actual defending.

I can't believe I have to argue how crap the Arsenal defence is with Mancs who think otherwise. fecking Brexit, eh.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I am not going overboard like you want others to in praising him. I get it you are an arsenal fan and you will overrate everything you see. In fact I have been very balanced in judging Arteta or even one od your players pepe by saying it's too soon to judge them.

Arteta has done a good job of taking over a sinking ship and trying to get the best out of him. I never said he has done a bad job. I feel he needs to be given proper time and judged accordingly next January.

Not only do you not understand footy when you see it but you also seem to be unable to read in here. The only people overdoing it with Arteta are gonks like you and daft Mancs who are all upset because Ole is being given time to actually manage your team.

Stick to ice hockey and curling matey.

AshRK

Not only do you not understand footy when you see it but you also seem to be unable to read in here. The only people overdoing it with Arteta are gonks like you and daft Mancs who are all upset because Ole is being given time to actually manage your team.

Stick to ice hockey and curling matey.
:lol:
I understand mate, when one cannot agree to disagree and know how to debate they talk crap. You do that very well.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

Arsenal doesn't need special or amazing given the time Arteta has had with the players. Change doesn't happen overnight and as with most development plans, there would be teething issues. The problem with football fans these days is that they think everything in football involves a transformation...it doesn't always work that way. I've looked at this Arsenal team pre Arteta and I can clearly see a change in how the team plays and most importantly, they are clearly a better unit in terms of togetherness. Maybe this is the thing that was lacking before he came and this was one of his "quick wins" in order to get to where he wants to be. He's only been there a few months, give the guy some time. These are things that they've improved on since he's been there:

1. Defensive solidity (less goals conceded)
2. Player confidence (Some players have actually improved since he's been their coach/manager)
3. Winning the ball back quickly
4. Players are actually playing with a system. (Under Unai, they were clearly confused about their roles)
5. Team togetherness and overall confidence

You really can't say with a straight face that Arteta hasn't had a positive impact on the team. The stats and performances show that.

Last edited:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Yes he is a bad defender. Every decent Arsenal fan knows he's good at going forward but rubbish at actual defending.

I can't believe I have to argue how crap the Arsenal defence is with Mancs who think otherwise. fecking Brexit, eh.
I'm not a Man Utd or Arsenal fan, and you are clearly getting childishly emotional instead of arguing on the facts. You obviously can't sustain a mature football discussion. Were you bullied as a kid, I wonder?

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not a Man Utd or Arsenal fan, and you are clearly getting childishly emotional instead of arguing on the facts. You obviously can't sustain a mature football discussion. Were you bullied as a kid, I wonder?

Which facts that you presented did I miss?

thepolice123

Need a video of the first Everton goal yesterday. Why was Kolasinac trying to shadow the Everton player during a freekick. He ran a good couple yards past the offside trap and Kolasinac followed.

That was pure sunday league stuff.

GazTheLegend

Lets see how the media spin this one as a positive for Arteta and how we should sack Solskjaer tomorrow then shall we.

Arsenal have been shite since he's taken over and a few flukey results won't change that. What the hell are they gonna do if Auba leaves?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Although it was hilarious Arsenal got knocked out the to shiuld have gone to pens.

Not fair that a team get an extra half hour to get that crucial away goal.

Agila Dathi

Although it was hilarious Arsenal got knocked out the to shiuld have gone to pens.

Well Arsenal got an extra half hour on their own turf instead...
IMO away goals should only count extra in ET like in Carabao cup.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They will be fine once they get a more mobile number 10, and especially new CBs

Mustafi and Luiz basically guarantee you will concede multiple chances through stupid mistakes every game. They are horrendous, and they don’t have any better either.

They have Saliba coming in, if they buy another solid option to pair him with and find a gem like we have in Bruno, they will be fine. Lots of good young players coming through too.

He is seriously handicapped by those CBs

SAFMUTD

Poor feck, having David Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis as CBs for all the hair he haves he's going to end up bald pretty soon.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I agree. There shouldn't be extra time in these ties.

Pagh Wraith

the guy has just been appointed.
crazy people having a go at him.
This is true. On the other hand, I don't see any massive improvements so far. They are still getting outshot by the likes of Burnley and like Spurs they badly need investments in the squad to get near top four again.

This is good time to post this stunning graph again to highlight how much they have regressed in recent seasons:

Arteta has continued this trend with -23 net shots in his nine league games in charge so far. City away next...