Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
We could offer to let him have that portrait of himself put up in the boardroom

They play to 32,000 and their income is rarely above 100m. I think he always viewed the Leicester job as a stepping stone to another big club. Well, here it is.
Arsenal, like Spurs, put all their eggs in one basket when they broke the bank on the new ground. Its all very well having history, but they can no longer attract the best players, as clubs like us no longer need to sell. Also regulatly missing out on the Champions and First Three Losers League is having a serious detrimental effect on their stature.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Looking at the next 10 fixtures there's not even one there that you'd bank on them to win. Don't think they'll win more than 2-3 in that period and that would leave them in the bottom half. Good luck to the next manager.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Looking at the next 10 fixtures there's not even one there that you'd bank on them to win. Don't think they'll win more than 2-3 in that period and that would leave them in the bottom half. Good luck to the next manager.

Jesus! And the worst thing is that they didn't even took advantage of the new manager bounce.

iHicksy

We could offer to let him have that portrait of himself put up in the boardroom.

They play to 32,000 and their income is rarely above 100m. I think he always viewed the Leicester job as a stepping stone to another big club. Well, here it is.
I'm not really sure Arsenal are a "big" club nowadays. Not challenged for the title in 14 years. Leicester won the league a few seasons ago and are playing much better football and look on course to challenge for second place. If I was Rodgers i'd certainly wait for a bigger job than Arsenal.

AOAARON

Supports
liverpool
Arsenal should keep it simple and grab Poch. Premier league proven manager who can provide stability for the club. Bank roll him and profit with top 4 football.

Arsenal have a few AMAZING players upfront (Pepe, Aubameyang and Lacazette). They just need the write manager and organisation behind them. Honestly, if I was Auba, I'd be out the door at the end of this year.

AshRK

They are in a proper mess and their board needs to act quickly.I am not sure which big name manager would take the risk of managing them, especially with limited budget. Auba and Ozil are not getting any younger and are on their 30s. Laca is decent but nothing great and Pepe so far has looked worse than Gervinho. Their defence needs to be repaired big time. Even their midfield is nothing special. I am not too sure how even the likes of Allegri would be able to fix it. Poch might be a better choice but I do not see him going to Arsenal just after leaving Spurs. Guys like Eddie Howe may do a decent job but it would be a big risk.

Interesting times ahead for Arsenal Football Club.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There is a line. Football is a bit tribal, and sometimes that isn't a good thing, but I kind of like it most of the time.

I thought I'd seen it all when Redknapp went from Portsmouth to Southampton.

I see that some bookies are taking bets on Benitez going to Everton. Hell's teeth and buckets of blood.

If Poch goes to Arsenal, then we should all take a step back, and realise what contempt everyone in football holds us fans in.
It’s just a job for managers. It’s not like they grew up as die hard fans of the clubs that they manage. Most of them will just tell fans what they want to hear

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
They are in a proper mess and their board needs to act quickly.I am not sure which big name manager would take the risk of managing them, especially with limited budget. Auba and Ozil are not getting any younger and are on their 30s. Laca is decent but nothing great and Pepe so far has looked worse than Gervinho. Their defence needs to be repaired big time. Even their midfield is nothing special. I am not too sure how even the likes of Allegri would be able to fix it. Poch might be a better choice but I do not see him going to Arsenal just after leaving Spurs. Guys like Eddie Howe may do a decent job but it would be a big risk.

Interesting times ahead for Arsenal Football Club.
Arsene is still available. Always got top 4. Just saying

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I'm not really sure Arsenal are a "big" club nowadays. Not challenged for the title in 14 years. Leicester won the league a few seasons ago and are playing much better football and look on course to challenge for second place. If I was Rodgers i'd certainly wait for a bigger job than Arsenal.
I agree that Arsenal are struggling but I believe that with the right manager in place & two defenders bought in January they could quickly turn it around. Any manager going there would need some need some kind of guarantee that money will be available in the next two windows. Rodgers has signed a new deal at Leicester & isn't going anywhere this season but he should send a thank-you note to arsenal for his pay raise.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I never wanted him sacked.
It was never going to last and like Utd, a proper plan was never put into place. Shocking really. The warning signs were there 3 years before Wenger retired and Arsenal should have been targeting the next coach

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
They should be all over Allegri
I actually think Allegri would further aggravate the problem. People assume because he's pragmatic he'd get shit players punching but I'm not sure he would. His one chance to prove so was with AC and he was sacked with them in the bottom half.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I actually Allegri would further aggravate the problem. People assume because he's pragmatic he'd get shit players punching but I'm not sure he would. His one chance to prove so was with AC and he was sacked with them in bottom half.
I heard that he interviewed for the job when Wenger left and their board was left unimpressed. His English wasn't great and his agent did all of the talking. The language barrier was an issue with Emery.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think we are proper fecked now. Owners are unlikely to splurge in January and a top defender will cost a lot.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I heard that he interviewed for the job when Wenger left and their board was left unimpressed. His English wasn't great and his agent did all of the talking. The language barrier was an issue with Emery.
I don't fancy someone who doesn't know the PL inside out. Pissing the league with Juventus is a very different job to this one.

nikineil

I think the Rodgers dream can die for Arsenal. He signed a new contract till 2024/2025, I think.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think the Rodgers dream can die for Arsenal. He signed a new contract till 2024/2025, I think.
The Rodgers dream :lol: Good for him, don't want him and his enveloppes anywhere near Arsenal.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
We could offer to let him have that portrait of himself put up in the boardroom.

We are a stepping stone, but how do you feel you are not a big enough step?

With us if he finishes top 4 he is doing a great job, with you he is average for the same thing. With us he has a younger more exciting team. We will very soon have one of the best training grounds in Europe. We are more likely than you to have CL football next season.

What I found an eye opener was that multiple Arsenal fans were arrogant enough to think he would join "after" he already said no.

Bojan11

Anything in these Marcelinho rumours? Would be very underwhelming if true.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Anything in these Marcelinho rumours? Would be very underwhelming if true.
More chances that he's fishing for the Everton job but i wouldn't put it past our board to feck it up again.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The Rodgers dream :lol: Good for him, don't want him and his enveloppes anywhere near Arsenal.
You're really not in a position to scoff at a manager like Rodgers at the moment. He'd firmly have you in the top 4 instead of bang in the middle of the pack surrounded by the likes of Newcastle and Brighton.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
You're really not in a position to scoff at a manager like Rodgers at the moment. He'd firmly have you in the top 4 instead of bang in the middle of the pack surrounded by the likes of Newcastle and Brighton.
Maybe he would maybe not, i think he's way overrated. Got carried by Suarez when they challenged for the title, spent some holidays in the biggest farmer league in the world before landing in Leicester where the squad was pouting against Puel. Vardy, Ndidi, Madison, Tielemans and Soyuncu have nothing to do with him. Let's not pretend he's doing a Ranieri, he inherited a very good squad. Definitely not "challenging City and Liverpool" good but still. Arsenal has no defenders that can defend and our midfield is a constant work in progress.
Plus as i said before, i just do not like the guy, everything about him screams fake. The same with Mourinho, i want to at least tolerate the man leading the club. My opinion is only my own and i just find these two to be c*nts.
I don't know who is going to get the job, i just hope that Freddie can get us back to an acceptable playing level. If we can get back to 70/75% of our ability as opposed to the actual 10% we might have a shot at the FA Cup. Europa League will be too hard to win with one of Dortmund/Inter fighting for it.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
West Ham are in a mess themselves. Papering over the cracks this result, they still need to appoint someone proper before the season's out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks for white text....

Arsenal were awful in first half. Their forwards got hot and won them the game.

If Ljungberg in next few weeks (I imagine win will probably get him xmas period) can come up with gameplans that will get draws and a win or two out of Everton away and Manchester clubs and Chelsea at home then he could be a contender for the job. Ultimately OGS beating likes of Spurs, Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal all away got him the gig full time.

lemmiwink

I’ve got this feeling PSG will crash out of the CL next round and Tuchel will be fired over it. Arsenal will get Tuchel in the summer, Pep will go to PSG and Poch will take the vacant City-job.

I also have this feeling only Pep will be a success....

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I think it's really daft to blame a fan TV channel for problems at the club. It's obvious the club is in an absolute mess but it's daft to blame the fan channel for that. AFTV are just a bunch of fans expressing their views, and if a club is wrecked by that then there is something really wrong with it. Also, I note that AFTV are the most popular fan tv channel, so there has to be some good reasons for that.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
-------------------------------------------------------------------
They won today so I'm not sure how you will revise your predictions.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I think it's really daft to blame a fan TV channel for problems at the club. It's obvious the club is in an absolute mess but it's daft to blame the fan channel for that. AFTV are just a bunch of fans expressing their views, and if a club is wrecked by that then there is something really wrong with it. Also, I note that AFTV are the most popular fan tv channel, so there has to be some good reasons for that.
Pretty much. Yeah.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They're a consequence (not the cause) of poor on field and off field performances from the players, the manager, the staff and the board. To put the blame on AFTV is ludicrous.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I’ve got this feeling PSG will crash out of the CL next round and Tuchel will be fired over it. Arsenal will get Tuchel in the summer, Pep will go to PSG and Poch will take the vacant City-job.
:lol:

For a team that wants to win everything, I'm not sure they will be out to get the guy who is the antithesis of that (Amadeus incoming...).

City are, essentially, Sky Blue Barcelona now (with Txiki and co making up the upper management), and Pochettino is ex-Espanyol through and through, so I really can't ever see that happening in conjunction. City will probably be in the market for the likes of Nagelsmann, if Arteta doesn't step in.

I'm not sure anyone would be after Jardim except a team like Everton, who are essentially sniffing around the reduced aisle of football's equivalent of Waitrose. Jardim has been awful at Monaco, sacked, then rehired, and now they are stuttering in mid-table.

Although, that being said, it seems that he would be great at Arsenal (for some of us...)

Reactions: SteveJ