Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

AshRK

They brought their A+ game against us in the first half and we brought our F game. Heck Luiz was defending like Maldini in his prime and Kolasinac was Roberto Carlos that day. We were piss poor that day, one.of.our worst performance of the season. Arsenal fans and arteta fans got.carried away. He still needs time but all these bs comments that they could see a style being implemented by Arteta were stupid.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The rational response to knee jerking in one direction is obviously to knee jerk in the opposite direction.
The only one's knee-jerking were you lot. Beating Man.U was hilarious and elicited hysteria from the usual wankers who need to bash your coach.

PoTMS

How shit are we to lose to this shower of shit? Can't remember the last time we beat these cnuts in the league.

AshRK

How shit are we to lose to this shower of shit? Can't remember the last time we beat these cnuts in the league.
We were pathetic that day. Our worst performance of the season and unfortunately for us Arsenal were motivated for the first half and gave their best. We didn't deserve anything that day.

Paul_Scholes18

They look better in my view particular with defending. Although the squad they have is pretty average.
I think they need to improve ways at creating chances since they don't score a lot at the moment. Özil is just not good enough anymore though.
Pepe could turn it around, but do not look great at the moment.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's gonna be hard to motivate the players in the league, I expect better performances in the EL.

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
I watched the game today. They are still playing much better football. Emery was lucky to be getting draws whereas Arteta seems to be unlucky at getting just draws.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal

That could nearly be considered to be answering your own question in the same post?

We've had more time to adjust to it since the late noughts, your trip has been on a much faster trajectory since 2013 and its far more frustrating for you.

If you beat the Pool this weekend, the euphoria on here will be equal to winning a final. You'll enjoy basking in it as much as we enjoy basking in our victories. Its been like that for fans since the very first game of football.

I'll be rooting for you lot for various reasons, so if you do win, I'll be feeling a bit of the glow.:D

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I watched the game today. They are still playing much better football. Emery was lucky to be getting draws whereas Arteta seems to be unlucky at getting just draws.

This pretty much. He hasn't had a steady back four yet and we were having a raw rookie lead the line. he still managed to score though. Amazing that there wasn't the usual Mustafi calamity TBH.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Look good again, but the result will tell a different story. I can’t believe we have some poster who claims Arteta hasn’t brought a positive change. It will be interesting to watch their progression under Arteta.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Look good again, but the result will tell a different story. I can’t believe we have some poster who claims Arteta hasn’t brought a positive change. It will be interesting to watch their progression under Arteta.
I mean Arteta has to play with Mustafi, Saka as LB and for example Xhaka had to partner Mustafi after the red card. At least Bellerin just came back, hopefully he will stay fit now.

Arteta is building the right mentality, but the season was gone before he joined anyway. Would like to have the next season without Europe League, so the team just can concentrate on the PL.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I mean Arteta has to play with Mustafi, Saka as LB and for example Xhaka had to partner Mustafi after the red card. At least Bellerin just came back, hopefully he will stay fit now.

Arteta is building the right mentality, but the season was gone before he joined anyway. Would like to have the next season without Europe League, so the team just can concentrate on the PL.
Well said. This season has been written off and he's just doing what he can to figure out where to make the big changes.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
This season is a write off, I think there are a lot of good signs for Arsenal with him. Just way too much to fix and a huge mess was left by Wenger and Emery with the squad. Their general fitness is a worry, they seem to all die after the 70th minute, especially Lacazette causing a huge burden.

They are going to need a lot of good fortune in the next window but seeing the names they are linked with i.e. Kurzawa, Boateng shows they aren’t going to be a threat.

Aouer-United

He couldn't get Arsenal to play good football against Chelsea despite down to 10 men, no shots in the first half, and in the second half until they scored on their first shot from mistakes. He's lucky that Lampard is clueless for putting Kante alone half-line that could turn it to 1v2 and Leno kept Arsenal in-game.

I'm not even impressed by him at all but it's still a good result for Arsenal.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Poor man's Guardiola fraud.
I guess at least we can see if Guardiola's tactic can improve a team with no money. Just look at Newcastle, spending money isn't the only way to improve the performance of a team, and Liverpool hardly bought anyone last summer either.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Been a few excellent days for him. Points against far better sides, today with 10 men for the majority of the game.

passing-wind

It was a decent performance from Arsenal, I think out of all the top 6 traditionally they are the club which has exhibited the weakest mentality so the fact they've got the fight to still remain competitive with 10 men is plaudits to Arteta. The key for me to assess a managers credential for longevity is what foundation they are building despite the circumstances. Arsenal look more structured in their shape defensively, they can knock it around as evidenced against us and they naturally have enough flair upfront to sustain goals in a seasonal campaign but their defensive players individually are poor / mistake prone. The summation of this points to them needing defenders to get some success.

The difference with Ole is we have no sustainable foundation in the defence, midfield nor attack that he has provided leading us forward. I use the word "sustainable" because in modern football you cannot go into every game relying on counter attacks with no proficiency in possession. Solskjaer's managerial ideology is more suited to a team battling to stay up, but as seen with Cardiff he failed to show up to that very standard.

IIt's still early doors for Arteta but given the fixture list he's had they have perofmed fairly well with a few decent results.

Aouer-United

It was a decent performance from Arsenal, I think out of all the top 6 traditionally they are the club which has exhibited the weakest mentality so the fact they've got the fight to still remain competitive with 10 men is plaudits to Arteta. The key for me to assess a managers credential for longevity is what foundation they are building despite the circumstances. Arsenal look more structured in their shape defensively, they can knock it around as evidenced against us and they naturally have enough flair upfront to sustain goals in a seasonal campaign but their defensive players individually are poor / mistake prone. The summation of this points to them needing defenders to get some success.

The difference with Ole is we have no sustainable foundation in the defence, midfield nor attack that he has provided leading us forward. I use the word "sustainable" because in modern football you cannot go into every game relying on counter attacks with no proficiency in possession. Solskjaer's managerial ideology is more suited to a team battling to stay up, but as seen with Cardiff he failed to show up to that very standard.

IIt's still early doors for Arteta but given the fixture list he's had they have perofmed fairly well with a few decent results.

Here we go

AshRK

A thread about arteta and discussing about Ole's stint at Cardiff.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
He wins: New manager bounce, he has nothing to do with it. Players are just running harder. No way has he had enough time to implement his style. He's just ripping off Guardiola's tactics.

He draws: Fraud. Has no playing style. Couldn't even get 10 players to beat Chelsea away.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
He wins: New manager bounce, he has nothing to do with it. Players are just running harder. No way has he had enough time to implement his style. He's just ripping off Guardiola's tactics.

He draws: Fraud. Has no playing style. Couldn't even get 10 players to beat Chelsea away.
I was lulled into thinking we’d have overtaken Liverpool by now! Is he still trying to build an identity after a whole month on the job?!?

Ridiculous how much time these managers are expecting in order to overhaul a team.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I actually think Arteta will do good at Arsenal but tonight was in no way an indication either way, they did absolutely nothing outside of the two absolute gifts we handed them on gold wrapping paper.

If I was an Arsenal fan i would take the reverse fixture (before they tired) as more a blueprint of what I hope to see instead of this.

Pele's blue pil

Supports
Arsenal
I actually think Arteta will do good at Arsenal but tonight was in no way an indication either way, they did absolutely nothing outside of the two absolute gifts we handed them on gold wrapping paper.

If I was an Arsenal fan i would take the reverse fixture (before they tired) as more a blueprint of what I hope to see instead of this.
You are right and we do but tonight showed that fight he has put back into the team, Under late wenger or Emery tonight is another hammering

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic

They played more than an hour with 10 men, so a draw is a good result for them. It's fair to say Chelsea should be ruing the missed opportunity to bag 3 points.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Outsmarted Ole, which wasnt difficult. Arteta actually has a style of play.
His imprint is clear after one week. I'm very impressed by him
Can already see a vision from his club, fair enough, the fitness levels aren't there yet and it was clear to see that from Chelsea but give him the Summer for pre-season and a transfer window he can really show he's a top manager.
Is the vision, style and imprint you were all referring to?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
All the more damning on Ole how good Arsenal looked that day.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everytime I watch them they play with decent intensity for the first 10-20 minutes and look like they could score and then for the rest of the game the other team dominates them. They're so poor right now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are we still criticizing managers for smiling after a draw?