Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In the first half Arsenal had 11 shots to Leicester's 1. Should've finished the game first half and had a goal wrongly disallowed. Leicester didn't have a single shot on target for 80 mins so it was a smash and grab. We got by far the toughest start to the season so I expect us to bounce back.
I really don't understand how this seems to be the common consensus.

If Xhaka isn't there, Justin clears the ball easily.

Chief123

In the first half Arsenal had 11 shots to Leicester's 1. Should've finished the game first half and had a goal wrongly disallowed. Leicester didn't have a single shot on target for 80 mins so it was a smash and grab. We got by far the toughest start to the season so I expect us to bounce back.
2 on target though. That still signifies they were shite.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Big difference between them and us is the level of investment we've seen compared to them. I don't know if Arteta will be a top manager, though he is rated by people like Pep, but they're way behind in their rebuild. No point even comparing them and us.

Last edited:

saivet

I don't recall any of those 11 shots seriously testing their keeper and to be honest I don't even remember many good chances. You were the better team in the first half, but it was far from impressive. Not sure how you can say wrongly disallowed when he Xhaka was stood in front of the keeper.

dbs235

Genuinely can't believe how Arsenal fans worship him so much (as a manager). He took them from 8th when Emery was sacked to .... 8th. Stuck 11 men behind the ball to beat Man City in the FA Cup semi-final and Liverpool on penalties in the Charity Sheild, it won't work every time as we've already seen this season. The performance in the FA Cup final was good I'll admit.

trims

Supports
Arsenal
This is an Arsenal side that some on here were worried would be a threat to us for top 4. :lol:

Having just watched the whole match, my goodness Arsenal look shite. Incredibly boring. I’ve watched quite a few of Arsenals games this season and they have absolutely nothing going for them. They couldn’t even break down a weetabix.

Some people actually rate Arteta for being some kind of genius. He plays very cagey, reserved negative football. Anyone can improve a team defensively if you just cut all the attacking threat you have and sit back. Leciester were the only team worth watching today.

The only true interesting part of this game was watching AFTV live watch along at the same time. The complete meltdown after Leicester’s goal went in is a joy to watch. The absolute explosion of Troopz near injury time is a great watch.:lol::lol::lol:

That was you though. God this forum can be so bipolar :lol:

Which part of their start would suggest they will be a long way off top four? If anything, based on their start I would say they would certainly be close to challenging top 4 if not actually make top 4. They’ve had 3 out 4 wins so far. Their only defeat coming away to Liverpool. They look a lot more organised and coached this year.

With the apparent turmoil in our club right now, id suggest they are more likely to get top 4 than us right now.

Reactions: Carolina Red

Ivor Ballokov

To be fair to Arteta, today was the first disappointing result of the season for them and Leicester have form in these types of games. They beat Fulham, West Ham and Sheffield United as expected and lost to City and Liverpool, teams that are better than them. Too early to judge his tenure just yet.

Oh my! :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
To be fair to Arteta, today was the first disappointing result of the season for them and Leicester have form in these types of games. They beat Fulham, West Ham and Sheffield United as expected and lost to City and Liverpool, teams that are better than them. Too early to judge his tenure just yet.
How soon was it before the knives were out for Solskjaer?? Arteta's had more than enough time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The nerve of this guy to moan about Leicester parking the bus when he has done the exact same in two of the first five games, and will come to OT with a double decker next week.

PoTMS

So strange that 3 out of 4 of England's biggest clubs have novice managers in charge like Solskjaer, Lampard and Arteta. Imagine the thought of that 5-6 years ago.

Pav1878

Criticism of Arteta is a little premature, one result doesn't make him a bad manager. But I just can't stand his stupid voice.

There you go, objectivity and subjectivity in one post.

Amarsdd

Someone explain to me why Ozil has been frozen out the squad
The timing of him being frozen out and Ozil himself suggest its his Uighur stance whereas Arteta and Arsenal haven't given a real definite answer as far as I'm aware. So who knows.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Arsenal have been the worst team to watch this season can’t think that even Burnley or Sheff Utd have been any worse. Wank.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Arsenal have been the worst team to watch this season can’t think that even Burnley or Sheff Utd have been any worse. Wank.
I don’t actually think we’ve been bad tbf, just can’t score :lol: Seeing everyone else struggling in the league so far has eased my nerves a bit

Chief123

Oh and how pleasantly surprised I am to be wrong with that one! Arsenal are looking worse than I had hoped them to be and it’s a joy to watch.

I also had us getting 3rd comfortably which certainly doesn’t look like it will happen either!

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not entirely sure why Solskjaer is relevant, but the answer is too soon.
It's completely relevant because if one manager is going to be judged after 6 months, rightly or wrongly, it's not unfair for another to be judged after 10 months.

Paul_Scholes18

I rate him, but they are so bloody boring. It is like watching the spanish national team under Del Bosque, but without Xavi and Iniesta to do something.
Need more risk and action from them.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If he's being judged 'wrongly' then it is unfair, just as it was to the other party.
That's my point. Solskjaer is being judged, rightly or wrongly and has been since after 4 or 5 months into his tenure yet Arteta is being given the 'needs more time' excuses.

Renegade

So strange that 3 out of 4 of England's biggest clubs have novice managers in charge like Solskjaer, Lampard and Arteta. Imagine the thought of that 5-6 years ago.
Sacking culture means clubs are running out of manager options. We’re not following the Zidane formula and hoping it works.