Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Bearded One

Just let this sink: Arsenal needed one goal within a space of 90 minutes to go through but couldn’t find a way to muster that one goal. I think I prefer to play Villarreal because of the premiership-team phobia that comes with playing an English side in Europe and whilst I know that we are better than Arsenal I’d kinda feel the same way if we were playing Southampton in Europe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His appointment and the fanfare that accompanied it has been one the weirdest things ever. He went from putting out the cones for Pep to managing Arsenal, he’s not even a legend for them. Their football is awful and they’ve been languishing in mid-table but he has constantly been given a free ride. So many people in the media look stupid right now.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Arteta has good hair genes. Very few men have a full scalp along-with a full dense beard at this age.

Its either one or the other if your lucky.

Counterfactual

Just let this sink: Arsenal needed one goal within a space of 90 minutes to go through but couldn’t find a way to muster that one goal. I think I prefer to play Villarreal because of the premiership-team phobia that comes with playing an English side in Europe and whilst I know that we are better than Arsenal I’d kinda feel the same way if we were playing Southampton in Europe.
They only had 2 shots on target. Unbelievable for a match they needed to win or their season ended.

AshRK

Been saying his football is absolute crap. Doesn' matter if his team scored 3 goals against West brom or new castle. This football is just not sustainable and it has proven.

Ole may not use fancy words like pattern of plays and all but he is twice the manager right now. The best thing arteta has done is lower arsenal's standards so much that deluded fans of his are believing everything he says.

redshaw

Arteta must be using NLP techniques on most of the nation, long may it continue. He even convinced Aubameyang to stay.

Phil Osophy

Man, I felt released when I knew they won't be in the final. Awful team, coach and whatever, but I had a terrible feeling of us losing against these guys in the last minute with a comical rebound or something like that, and saving their season at our expense with a trophy + CL football after the dross they did for the whole campaign. If we lose now at least it's not that bad.

Guy Incognito

Been saying his football is absolute crap. Doesn' matter if his team scored 3 goals against West brom or new castle. This football is just not sustainable and it has proven.

Ole may not use fancy words like pattern of plays and all but he is twice the manager right now. The best thing arteta has done is lower arsenal's standards so much that deluded fans of his are believing everything he says.
That's pretty much it.

Never thought they'd beat Villareal or win the EL final (certain Bruno, Pogba and co would do them over) but in a must-win game, they were woeful.

Wenger was dreadful towards the end but they never were midtable fodder like they are now.

BorisManUtd

Is there actually a proper replacement for him atm? If Arsenal can lure Rodgers then it would be fantastic for he, otherwise I don't see any good manager available right now. Allegri yeah but didn't they already try to get him and couldn't get it done?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah he's gone. With Spurs getting knocked back for managers it will be a battle for them who they can get in first. Rafa's being linked with Spurs and he's keen on coming back to the Premier League. They'd do well to get him before Spurs do but the Kroenke's would probably put him off going there instead.

Cast5

Imagine genuinely thinking that this Spanish tarmac head is a better manager than Ole :lol:

Matthew84!

Is there actually a proper replacement for him atm? If Arsenal can lure Rodgers then it would be fantastic for he, otherwise I don't see any good manager available right now. Allegri yeah but didn't they already try to get him and couldn't get it done?
I've seen Rafael Benitez wants to return to the Premier league, would do a better job but he could also go to Spurs.

rotherham_red

It's not a particularly good squad and any manager would struggle with those owners and with having to build around youngsters but there still have to be standards and he's fallen short of them, he surely has to be sacked now.
Ole says hi ;)

mu4c_20le

Certaintly didn't help himself with a less than stellar summer. Partey hasn't been that great and there is talk of shipping him back to madrid. They let Mhkitaryan go for free and replaced him with Willian on big wages, who has scored a grand total of 0 goals this season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Certaintly didn't help himself with a less than stellar summer. Partey hasn't been that great and there is talk of shipping him back to madrid. They let Mhkitaryan go for free and replaced him with Willian on big wages, who has scored a grand total of 0 goals this season.
Christ. 36 appearances and zero goals.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's not a particularly good squad and any manager would struggle with those owners and with having to build around youngsters but there still have to be standards and he's fallen short of them, he surely has to be sacked now.
On paper It's easily a top 6 squad - just their attack is worth close to €200mil. They''ve barely been creating chances like they used to during Emery's time
Good Ebening finished 5th and runners's up in EL final with this squad

While Pep Lite might not even finish top 10 with this one