Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Fridge chutney

Your laughing, yet your team hasn't won a trophy on 5 seasons despite the money you spend.
And at least we are headed in the right direction. Arteta took Arsenal from 8th to 8th, except this season he didn't win a trophy and failed to get into third-tier Europe.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
We are

And we're tired of pretending Arsenal are not funny

Comedy is subjective Mo, isn't the what they always say?
Your right; hence why I'm regularly chuckling at your club since 2013.

Keep bringing the comedy!

Fridge chutney

We still win trophies in the last five years and regularly reach finals, despite our much lower net spend.
Why bring up arbitrary periods of time? If we're talking history of trophies, how's this: 20 > 13 in league titles. 3>0 for Europe's biggest prize, which embarrassingly Arsenal have never won.

Arsenal are going backwards and are a laughing stock. Which I don't even like pointing out because most of the arsenal supporters on this forum are reasonable (you being a hilarious notable exception).

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
And at least we are headed in the right direction. Arteta took Arsenal from 8th to 8th, except this season he didn't win a trophy and failed to get into third-tier Europe.
Arsenal has won a trophy this season. That's one more than Manchester United FC. Respect !

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Why bring up arbitrary periods of time? If we're talking history of trophies, how's this: 20 > 13 in league titles. 3>0 for Europe's biggest prize, which embarrassingly Arsenal have never won.

Arsenal are going backwards and are a laughing stock. Which I don't even like pointing out because most of the arsenal supporters on this forum are reasonable (you being a hilarious notable exception).
That's irrelevant in relation to what you originally wrote. It's dumb and ignorant labelling a club who perennially has 4th-5th highest net spend , a shower when they regularly reach finals and win cups.

Of course we're going backwards under Arteta, but that's the main problem. Think I'm reasonable, was only responding to the guy who quoted me yesterday. But will leave that up to you.

Fridge chutney

That's irrelevant in relation to what you originally wrote. It's dumb and ignorant labelling a club who perennially has 4th-5th highest net spend , a shower when they regularly reach finals and win cups.

Of course we're going backwards under Arteta, but that's the main problem. Think I'm reasonable, was only responding to the guy who quoted me yesterday. But will leave that up to you.
"Dumb and ignorant" :lol: Arsenal are a shower right now, that's not dumb or ignorant of me to say, it's how many Arsenal fans have described their own club to me.

What's "dumb and ignorant" is joining a Manchester United forum to troll their fans after they lost a european final. Also re: trophies... If we are referencing your arbitrary timeframe of five years, how many European trophies have arsenal won? Zero. How many have United won? Please remind me...

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
"Dumb and ignorant" :lol: Arsenal are a shower right now, that's not dumb or ignorant of me to say, it's how many Arsenal fans have described their own club to me.

What's "dumb and ignorant" is joining a Manchester United forum to troll their fans after they lost a european final. Also re: trophies... If we are referencing your arbitrary timeframe of five years, how many European trophies have arsenal won? Zero. How many have United won? Please remind me...
Ultimately it's subjective. The campaign's been underwhelming but I'm still glad we've won cups lately and regularly reach finals despite our low spending and stadium build.
Arteta is Arsenal's big issue, otherwise we'd be easily top three. He just lacks the necessary experience to manage a big club throughout an entire season.

Definitely wasn't trolling it's banter; that's what people do nowadays. I just replied to the poster who quoted me. Are you asking all European trophies or the Champions League?

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imagine a Man Utd manager finishing 7th and 8th in consecutive seasons and not getting the sack. Can't even describe how I would feel.

Halftrack

Lego Pep absolutely robbed.
My favorite thing is all the people angry about no Klopp or Tuchel. One mounted the worst title defence in living memory, the other was here for four months and did well, but nothing outstanding (in the league.) The case for Klopp is that he did well to cope with injuries, ignoring (or rather not knowing, because :lol: at the idea that these entitled shits pay attention to what happens in mid-table) that Biesla also had to contend with injuries to his best defenders.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Fans needed a break. Having to watch Arsenal twice a week is not easy. Arteta was thinking of us.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Imagine a Man Utd manager finishing 7th and 8th in consecutive seasons and not getting the sack. Can't even describe how I would feel.
It's not really Arsenal's way to sack managers unless in exceptional circumstances.

Arteta is frustrating though and I think it'd be best if we bought a more experienced coach.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's not really Arsenal's way to sack managers unless in exceptional circumstances.

Arteta is frustrating though and I think it'd be best if we bought a more experienced coach.
Arsenal finishing 7th then 8th should be exceptional.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Kept Germany’s 4th choice goalie. Sold the Copa winning GK. Lego P's brilliant decision making strikes again.

Also seen quite a few Arsenal fans saying how Southgate’s summer has proved you need to give people time and trust the process etc. I was scared he’d lose their support after failing to make Europe but how wrong was I :drool:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Kept Germany’s 4th choice goalie. Sold the Copa winning GK. Lego P's brilliant decision making strikes again.

Also seen quite a few Arsenal fans saying how Southgate’s summer has proved you need to give people time and trust the process etc. I was scared he’d lose their support after failing to make Europe but how wrong was I :drool:
Its definitely up there with spending £50m on Ben White whilst refusing to give Saliba a chance.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Its definitely up there with spending £50m on Ben White whilst refusing to give Saliba a chance.
Has he actually done that? Oh joy, next season we can look forward to a defence of Ben white, rob holding and Callum chambers. That’s definitely going to break the top four. :rolleyes:

diarm

I'm very late to the party, but Lego Pep is the best thing I've read all year :lol:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Has he actually done that? Oh joy, next season we can look forward to a defence of Ben white, rob holding and Callum chambers. That’s definitely going to break the top four. :rolleyes:
Not yet, in fairness, but sounds like they’ve had 40m and 45m bids rejected and are going to go for 50 next

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
We are definitely going to lose Saka in the next few years at this rate. I may even forget what a night in Europe is like.
I really wish I could see what board is seeing as to why they are persevering with Arteta. I can only presume it’s his low wage and no other reason.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
It seems to have gone under the radar but apparently we have signed Nuno Tavares from Benfica.
I know nothing about him, anyone able to give some information?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

This is getting boring now. There's not that much difference between the goalkeepers, why make a drama out of it? What's even more silly is using international football for the argument.

BlahRules

This is getting boring now. There's not that much difference between the goalkeepers, why make a drama out of it? What's even more silly is using international football for the argument.
If Leno was the goalie for the FA Cup final, I doubt Arsenal would have won the competition.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
If Leno was the goalie for the FA Cup final, I doubt Arsenal would have won the competition.
Rewatched the highlights, he makes a couple of big standard saves you'd expect any goalkeeper to manage. Anything I missed?

BlahRules

Rewatched the highlights, he makes a couple of big standard saves you'd expect any goalkeeper to manage. Anything I missed?
Martinez is way more dominant but the most important part is that he gives his defense confidence to play their game. However, with Leno, he may have the similar shot stopping ability and distribution but that's all.

When Arsenal played with Martinez it was like Arsenal had a brick of a defense. Now it's just jelly.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Martinez is way more dominant but the most important part is that he gives his defense confidence to play their game. However, with Leno, he may have the similar shot stopping ability and distribution but that's all.

When Arsenal played with Martinez it was like Arsenal had a brick of a defense. Now it's just jelly.
I keep seeing this, but we did have the 3rd best defensive record in the league last season, so think jelly might be a bit of hyperbole.

I just think there's bigger problems at Arsenal than what a slight upgrade at goalkeeper would be. Do you think it would have been the difference between 8th & 6th or 5th for instance?

passing-wind

It seems to have gone under the radar but apparently we have signed Nuno Tavares from Benfica.
Benfica supports have been saying he has a poor attitude and wanted him out the team. This was through the latter stages of the season, but who knows he could do well in the league.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Likes french kissing his dogs. Don't know about his footballing ability.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Sounding like he’s going to be a roaring success with no baggage at all. :eek:

A bad attitude and making out with dogs. What could possibly go wrong?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Leno making 2 mistakes this season was like Christmas for them. Surely in a few months, Martinez will start to feel out of place at Villa, a Copa America Winner, FA Cup Winner, a legendary GK like him will aim for bigger things and look for another "step-up".

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He is genuinely atrocious. Best thing going for him is he's a good athlete, though this is offset by him pretty much clueless on and off the ball and one of the worst defenders I've ever seen play. All the Benfiqistas I know are laughing their way to the bank here - they can't believe they got €8m for him.

Jezpeza

He is genuinely atrocious. Best thing going for him is he's a good athlete, though this is offset by him pretty much clueless on and off the ball and one of the worst defenders I've ever seen play. All the Benfiqistas I know are laughing their way to the bank here - they can't believe they got €8m for him.
Proper fifa signing, I used to sign him when playing with shit teams

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
:lol: Way to burst a posters bubble.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
:lol: Way to burst a posters bubble.
:lol:

If anything I'm being a bit more measured than what some of my mates have said - one told me that he genuinely thinks it might be the best sale Benfica have ever made and this is the club that got €110m+ or whatever for Joao Felix!