Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
The amount of people over hyping him last year was mind boggling and all cause he worked with Pep. That’s like saying Mike Phelan can be a great manager just cause he worked with Fergie all those years.

SungSam7

The amount of people over hyping him last year was mind boggling and all cause he worked with Pep. That’s like saying Mike Phelan can be a great manager just cause he worked with Fergie all those years.
Make that 2 years..... hes nearly had the job nearly 2 fecking years and he still has it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Long may he reign.

He is fecking woeful. Hahaha

Irwin99

He'll be the first managerial casualty of the season. I wonder if any manager could turn the season around for them though? They do have some good players when everyone is fit but this is just awful at times.

edcunited1878

"We dominated the ball. Moved the ball well. The scoreline did not match the performance. Unlucky, but happy with many players"

Go piss on your Legos. He should be raked over the coals by the media. The comparison between the treatment of Ole and Lego Pep has been a witch hunt towards Ole. Lego Pep always gets a pass.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
"We dominated the ball. Moved the ball well. The scoreline did not match the performance. Unlucky, but happy with many players"

Go piss on your Legos. He should be raked over the coals by the media. The comparison between the treatment of Ole and Lego Pep has been a witch hunt towards Ole. Lego Pep always gets a pass.
Managers will always defend players publicly. I’m sure different words were said in the dressing room.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He needs a pre season and a team full of his players before we can judge.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Unfortunately we will find a way to lose to these again.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looking at Arsenal fixture list for next two months he won't make it until October.

Fooza

Should have been sacked when the club were looking likely they were going to be 8th last season, glad the board aren't ambitious enough like chelsea.

RedSinha

Absolutely woeful. Probably doesn't help that they seem to be relying heavily on their youth players.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Personally, after this, I would sack him if he doesn't secure the next 9 points, no excuses.

He won't. Chelsea and City incoming.

Arsenal will end up 7th-12th at best.

edcunited1878

Managers will always defend players publicly. I’m sure different words were said in the dressing room.
He says stuff like this all the time when it's completely wrong. Arsenal had some nice build up and play, but had zero threat up front and were not really threatening.

Arsenal lost so many 2nd and 3rd balls. They were out worked and didn't bring the fight. Typical Arsenal performance, again. The guy has zero credibility as a manager and it's factually wrong and insane to give this guy any benefit of the doubt, which he's been given so many times.

Don't care if Arsenal has some nice young talent. 343, 3412, 4231. He's all over the place and has back to back 8th place finishes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How in the name of all that's holy did he have Cedric, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles and even Saka on the bench tonight and ends up starting the game with Calum Chambers at RB? Does he not understand the smallest thing about football?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
He says stuff like this all the time when it's completely wrong. Arsenal had some nice build up and play, but had zero threat up front and were not really threatening.

Arsenal lost so many 2nd and 3rd balls. They were out worked and didn't bring the fight. Typical Arsenal performance, again. The guy has zero credibility as a manager and it's factually wrong and insane to give this guy any benefit of the doubt, which he's been given so many times.

Don't care if Arsenal has some nice young talent. 343, 3412, 4231. He's all over the place and has back to back 8th place finishes.
Oh I don’t disagree with any of that - I just think it’s very rare for a manager to publicly slate his players. But yeah he’s a dogshit manager who ought to have left a long time ago.

Kaos

Really hope he ends up splurging the 50 odd million on Aaron feckin Ramsdale before he gets the boot :lol:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Starting the season away to a newly promoted side is the worst possible fixture but this is a club where negativity piles up fast. I can’t see him lasting beyond a month.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Seeing Arsenal fans calling for Arteta to be replaced with Conte.

I don't know if Conte would have any interest whatsoever in managing Arsenal but if they could bring him in for Arteta but choose not to, they're even more inept than they appear to be.

RooneyLegend

How in the name of all that's holy did he have Cedric, Bellerin, Maitland-Niles and even Saka on the bench tonight and ends up starting the game with Calum Chambers at RB? Does he not understand the smallest thing about football?
That's a sackable offense right there.

Robbie Boy

That starting 11 was all kinds of awful tonight. He has a-lot of work to do and I can't see him lasting the season.

Seeing Arsenal fans calling for Arteta to be replaced with Conte.

I don't know if Conte would have any interest whatsoever in managing Arsenal but if they could bring him in for Arteta but choose not to, they're even more inept than they appear to be.
Delusional of them. He won league with Inter, won prem with Chelsea… left Inter because they started selling players. Surely he’s entitled to expect a job at a club with realistic title ambitions. Arsenal are a (very optimistic) 2-3 year project to get into the top 4, if they get a very good manager.