Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Can't see allegri or Ancelotti making the step down.
With the turbulence at Napoli at the moment i wouldn't be surprised if Ancelotti wanted to get the feck out of there.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Can't see allegri or Ancelotti making the step down.
Step down. Have you seen Carlos situation at Napoli with the mad man? Allegri ain’t gonna get many to jobs either

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
They shouldn't sit on Ljungberg too long, particularly given the age of their standout players Aubameyang and Lacazette who cannot afford to write off a whole season at this late stage in their careers. Allegri could be a great fit given both his availability and his ability to accommodate twin-striker formations. They missed the boat on Rodgers who was gagging for a top Premier League gig when he was at Celtic.

AaronRedDevil

Rafa would be a good shout. He did great for Newcastle with the crap he had.

Last edited:

Alabaster Codify7

If they could tempt Allegri and gave him a decent budget to sort that horrific defense, he'll be an astute choice. He'd make them a unit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If they get Allegri then North London derby would be :boring:

SER19

Ancelloti would be their best fit I think. Wouldn't like to see them get him

JohnnyKills

Can see them going for one of the highly-rated German managers but might have to hold off until the end of the season. Maybe Ljungberg until then?

JohnnyKills

At least they had the bottle to sack him at this time of the season we should have done the same weeks ago.

Arsenal supporters put the club under pressure to make these decisions, leaving the stadium empty, boos and being outspoken in the media, whilst it’s all hush-hush with us because we do things “the United way” with “class”. No wonder we’re in this shithole.
If they did somehow manage to get Pochettino the pressure on Ole would increase massively.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We are entering the Allardyce, Pulis or Warnock section of the season for relegation threatened clubs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Jose said he'd never manage Spurs. They're all liars when offered millions.
I don't think that's fair, could of course be wrong but Poch has always stuck by his principles.

They should go for him. Would be a step down for Rodgers.
Levy tried to get Rodgers before Jose and it was a no go from the Leicester Board, I doubt Arsenal would have any more success

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jose said he'd never manage Spurs. They're all liars when offered millions.
Poch isn't Jose and Jose didn't directly move to Spurs. It took him getting sacked twice by Chelsea, having a stint with Man Utd and then being out of work for almost a year before signing for Spurs, who offered wages that I'd be surprised Arsenal would have the ambition to offer in the first place.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't think that's fair, could of course be wrong but Poch has always stuck by his principles.
I'd imagine Poch would want a much better "project" than Arsenal at the moment in reality.

If Arsenal were any good and Poch wanted to keep his young family settled, I'd be amazed if he was too bothered about being loyal to the club that was not loyal to him.

I don't begrudge Jose going to Spurs (regardless of what he said a while ago) for the same reasons.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Can Allegri speak English ? It was annoying when people were raving about Emery's ability to communicate. Going from Wenger to Emery was rough. Ancelotti/Naggelsman for me, with the latter the ideal choice. Not convinced about the Nuno links.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Nuno Espirito Santo is the priority of #Arsenal to replace Emery. The discussions have already begun with his entourage. The Portuguese coach is very interested. In case of agreement Arsenal will have to compensate the Wolves.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can Allegri speak English ? It was annoying when people were raving about Emery's ability to communicate. Going from Wenger to Emery was rough. Ancelotti/Naggelsman for me, with the latter the ideal choice. Not convinced about the Nuno links.
He's been learning the English language if reports are to be believed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This makes sense for them tbh.
Don't know, Wolves don't exactly play the style of football you'd associate with a top 6 club, although maybe he has more than that in his locker of course.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He's been learning the English language if reports are to be believed.
Yeah you always get those sort of reports but can they string 3 sentences together ? Listening to Emery was exhausting !

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely the top managers wont be interested Poch, Allegri etc They have no cash. They may gamble on someone like Vieira?
Vieria's been doing a similar job to Marco Silva, loads of money to spend at Nice in the summer, bottom six so far.

He did alright last season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah you always get those sort of reports but can they string 3 sentences together ? Listening to Emery was exhausting !
Sounds like he has similar command to Sarri: