Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah you always get those sort of reports but can they string 3 sentences together ? Listening to Emery was exhausting !
Who cares if their football is enjoyable? Pochettino didn't even do his interviews in English in his first year at Spurs.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah you always get those sort of reports but can they string 3 sentences together ? Listening to Emery was exhausting !
String three sentences might be a problem but you will see a marked improvement from 'good ebening' to 'good evening' which will be a step in the right direction.

passing-wind

Depends what the board want a typically open team Rafa / Howe. If more pragmatism Allegri or Nuno.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'd imagine Poch would want a much better "project" than Arsenal at the moment in reality.

If Arsenal were any good and Poch wanted to keep his young family settled, I'd be amazed if he was too bothered about being loyal to the club that was not loyal to him.

I don't begrudge Jose going to Spurs (regardless of what he said a while ago) for the same reasons.
I wouldn't begrudge him going to Arsenal to be honest, I just don't think he would, having managed us for so long you do get a feel for the guy. He certainly doesn't really give a shit about his own personally salary as he doesn't even have an agent. I think he could be successful at Everton to be honest.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I doubt Poch would give a flying feck about Spurs after he was sacked. If he wants to get back into football asap then all this talk about 'not wanting to join rivals' is bs. However I could be proven wrong but I must say I have seen weirder things happen in football.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Arsenal have established contact with their no1 target Nuno.

Wayne's World

Nuno would be a sidewards step for Arsenal instead of moving forward. He's a good coach but so was Emery, I just don't see anything outstanding with Nuno compared to Poch, Allegri etc.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Close contacts between Raul Sanllehi and Jorge Mendes have already taken place. Both have a great relationship and that made Nuno the favourite for the job. Raul has the power to make important decisions at Arsenal [@DiMarzio]

Although Nuno is immersed in coaching Wolves, a deal between Jorge and Raul could be struck for the ‘right offer’. PL rules allow coaches to manage two clubs in one season [@DiMarzio]

Mikel Arteta is another contender for the head coach role [@DiMarzio]

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Nuno would be a sidewards step for Arsenal instead of moving forward. He's a good coach but so was Emery, I just don't see anything outstanding with Nuno compared to Poch, Allegri etc.
Didn't Nuno actually do worse than Emery at Valencia? Mind you they sacked him for Gary Neville so instant regret there given how the season then panned out. :lol:

Snafu17

Nuno would definitely put an end to all their pretty football that they pride themselves on for the past decade and a bit.

OleTheGreat

Damn.. wish Jose was still available. He would've chosen Arsenal over Spurs. I guess Nuno or Allegri can do a job on Arsenal :P Although after all he said about Arsenal and not joining, if they manage to get Poch i think it'll be great for them.

Meller

Ljungberg? As a Swede I'm very surprised. Oh well could be fun for non Arsenal fans I guess, so I approve.

el3mel

Damn.. wish Jose was still available. He would've chosen Arsenal over Spurs. I guess Nuno or Allegri can do a job on Arsenal :P Although after all he said about Arsenal and not joining, if they manage to get Poch i think it'll be great for them.
I don't think so at all. Spurs have better and more balanced squad than Arsenal and their players suit Mourinho more imo. I think he would have chosen Spurs regardless.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I don't think so at all. Spurs have better and more balanced squad than Arsenal and their players suit Mourinho more imo. I think he would have chosen Spurs regardless.
I think having Kane was a major factor and ultimately knowing the team was massively under performing.

stu_1992

It seems Allegri is already being mentioned? Would he go to Arsenal? He'd have a lot to do there and I'm not sure he'd be the man for what Arsenal need.
Some people seem to be wanting Rodgers, but I don't think I'd be leaving Leicester for Arsenal at the moment. It would one thing if Arsenal had big funds to spend but that doesn't appear to be the case so he's probably better off staying.

They need someone to sort out their defence after years anyway. Maybe Rafa?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Reports say Arsenal have contacted Allegri for the job, and he has indicated he is interested. A bit of a gamble, he has language limitations and has never managed outside Italy.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Reports say Arsenal have contacted Allegri for the job, and he has indicated he is interested. A bit of a gamble, he has language limitations and has never managed outside Italy.
Both were also true for Conte and he won the league at a canter in his first season at Chelsea. The language and PL experience arguments are done to death and they simply don't matter.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why would Allegri take the job? He could have his pick of way more relevant clubs. Arsenal should have jumped on Jose when they had the chance, he'd have probably considered it after his stock had fallen as low as it has.
Dosen't he want to come to England. Man. City and Liverpool jobs are locked up now as is increasingly Chelsea where he could've been a contender, Spurs aswell for next season now so potentially just leaves choice between Arsenal and Man. United.

In Italy he won't go back to Milan and Conte will be at Inter for a while so not much there.

Depends on whether he's on Bayern shortlist. If not I could certainly see him at Arsenal but whether he's the best fit is another debate.

OleTheGreat

Mourinho likes to manage big clubs and i think Arsenal is a bigger club than Spurs and he would've invariably chosen Arsenal for their history and i do think Arsenal have the kind of players Jose likes. Specially after they got Luiz :D

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I actually think Benitez would be their best choice, though I think it wd take a huge salary to tempt him from China.