Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Sylar

I get what hes trying to but its not something you want to hear as a fan.

arthurka

Logic for the insane. Arteta is entertaining that's for sure that is if you are not a Gooner.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Yes, yes, I got it, goooot iiiit!
Jesus, he speaks like Yoda.
If he mentions Seaguls, I am flying to London to have a chat with him!

P.S. it is the right time to post those stats since October international break when they have 27 shots on target and are ranking 19th.

Guy Incognito

City, Chelsea, Brighton and West Brom are their next four games in all comps. Can't see them winning any of the first 3. Lose the West Brom game and could see him given his p45.
They won't win another game this year.

What Arsenal probably needed was a season out of Europe like Klopp and Conte had to rejig and reset the squad. And yet they have been good in the Europa which begs the question why Arteta doesn't play the kids more?

I think there is the makings of a good 'coach' but they need a 'manager' to guide them out of this situation. Put it this way, I don't think Wenger would underachieve with this squad.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
His quotes make him sound like an idiot. I’m not sure he knows what he is doing.

I watch them a lot because my brother is a supporter and they don’t look like beating anyone.

Fulham and Burnley look much improved and West Brom will improve under Sam. They could be bottom three after that West Brom game.

They will go down if they keep him, but they won’t. They will panic after the loss to West Brom and bring someone in who will lead them to safety.

They are far too good to be where they are. One win in 10 ia a joke and a product of someone who has no idea what he is doing.

They will immediately improve with someone competent in charge.

AshRK

Arsenal twitter handle has blocked comments after releasing the line up.

Guy Incognito

They'll surely sack him after defeat to Chelsea at the weekend.

No evidence he has what it takes to turn their form around.

slored1

This is historically bad. Why don't Arsenal just give up and admit they made a mistake?

RooneyLegend

Time to wrap this one up. High quality coaches are out of jobs. There really is no need to continue this foolishness. The man hasn't a plan, hasn't an idea, hasn't a clue.

cyberman

Great coaching though. The way he gets his style across so quickly puts those who want time to shame..

eire-red

Could see them being thumped against Chelsea, but on paper they have a run of favourable games after that. If Arteta doesn't manage to put a run of wins together in the new year, then surely he has to go?

They're bad enough as it is, if Aubameyang is out for any sort of sustained period then that could be curtains on a top half finish.

Guy Incognito

I think he'll be sacked before the weekend
He should've gone weeks ago. All to see that he lost the dressing room.

Some baffling decisions though. Why is the French CB not playing but Mustafi? If he isn't ready then how is the 2nd choice GK fit to start?

I'd say they should worry if Leno was out for a lengthy spell but they are doomed regardless because that midfield is so poor.

Bojan11

We need to back them.

Hope he beats Chelsea, I rather he stay in the job rather than Arsenal hire someone competent.

InfiniteBoredom

We need to back them.

Hope he beats Chelsea, I rather he stay in the job rather than Arsenal hire someone competent.
Someone competent isn’t enough to make Arsenal challengers with Kroenke in charge. I’d rather have them good enough to take some points off our rivals.

The way it’s going, seems like the only points they take off top 6 this season will be from us, annoyingly.

dbs235

Really depends on what their standards are. If they're going full Roy Keane then to be honest he'd have been gone weeks ago. In a more realistic world they'll accept defeat against Chelsea and then he's got to beat Brighton to stay in the job.

justsomebloke

Time to wrap this one up. High quality coaches are out of jobs. There really is no need to continue this foolishness. The man hasn't a plan, hasn't an idea, hasn't a clue.
On the contrary, the man clearly has a plan. It just isn't working. Which is really hard when you're the kind of coach who really depends on the plan. He now either has to stick with the plan in the hope it will somehow begin to work, or go off the plan to fix things in the short term.

Harold_Giles

You can see what he's trying to do. At least he has a STYLE
Seems very one dimensional.
His implementation of said style is clearly lacking, as his players are not efficiently trained for it.
Needs to be more fluid with his system, since most teams are able to apply enough pressure on Arsenal to make them shit themselves in the build up, resulting in conceding very cheaply.

How we lost to that shower still bothers me.

Bojan11

Someone competent isn’t enough to make Arsenal challengers with Kroenke in charge. I’d rather have them good enough to take some points off our rivals.

The way it’s going, seems like the only points they take off top 6 this season will be from us, annoyingly.
Liverpool owners were clueless too just look at Rodgers last transfer window. Then Klopp came in and the shape of the club changed.

Hiring a good manager goes a long way. It is the same with Lampard, I rather he stays there because a better manager would get more out of that team and get them challenging.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a coach this guy is. If he is fired, I hope they hire that other generational coach Bielsa. ( l got devoured by some consensus monkeys on here for calling him an idiot after Sunday’s Leeds surrender)