Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

U99ted

At least he won trophies with that average team. Something Ole is struggling to do so far with the third most expensive squad in the world.

Arteta had some good idea earlier on, but I feel like some of their players are downing tool because of the mental fragility of the Arsenal player. If he doesn't find player he can trust and turn things around then he may be looking at a sack soon.
The mental fragility emanates from the manager at the Emirates.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
In what sense?
Their defence looked much better with Martinez in goal towards the end of the season.
Is Leno better at playing out the back, or saving shots? Or control of the box?
Arsenal being solid defensively at the end of last season is a bit of a myth based on two games where they played a flat back five in the Cup. It’s still the same side that got turned over at Brighton, almost blew a 3-0 lead at home to Watford and let in an absolutely calamitous goal in the NLD.

Arsenal played the same ultra defensive football in the Charity Shield and at OT and kept clean sheets with Leno too so I don’t think the goalkeeper is anything to do with it.

Is it time to investigate his appointment?
The funny thing is that the club actually rejected him for Emery back in 2018.

All Pep's assistants so far have been terrible coaches (arteta, torrent etc). Shows you that his style is heavily based on having the most expensive players
Tito Vilanova won La Liga with 100 points in his only season as Barcelona manager.

He is another Andre Villas-Boas. Like AVB, who was understudy to Mourinho, Arteta with Pep.

A well-spoken, well-connected,smart-looking manager. Yet, where is the quality?
Celebrating moral victory, not forgetting the losses
Almost the complete opposite of AVB. Villas-Boas won a treble with Porto and was criticised by the UK press pretty much from day 1. Arteta came to Arsenal having never managed a team before and up until a few weeks ago was still being treated as some kind of coaching wunderkind.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

Haha. They lost 7 of their last 10 but they know why they lost! That's why they're progressing!
‘They know why they lost’ by Tim Cahill has to be the worst piece of footballing punditry in history.

Balotelli's Bib

Supports
Arsenal
I just fear the next match. Every match.

Arteta will be the collateral damage (and is 100% equally to blame for our current position).

What worries the absolute shit out of me is that the board can turn around and say "See we spent the money!". We don't have the buying power of United and we are in an absolute "backs against the wall position".

I fully expect us to end up in the top 10 but oh my god we are unbelievably bad right now.

YAMS49

Arteta will be the collateral damage (and is 100% equally to blame for our current position).

What worries the absolute shit out of me is that the board can turn around and say "See we spent the money!". We don't have the buying power of United and we are in an absolute "backs against the wall position".

I fully expect us to end up in the top 10 but oh my god we are unbelievably bad right now.
What's your financial situation like? How much spending power do you have?

Balotelli's Bib

Supports
Arsenal
What's your financial situation like? How much spending power do you have?
My opinion is we only spend what we make. Our current wage bill is so inflated it's almost a joke (years to recover from). Take into consideration loss of match day revenue (COVID) and we are in this pile of shit.

Bigger picture is we have an owner that doesn't give a toss about Arsenal as a FC, but more monetary dividends.

The result.

Banter FC.

Gasolin

City in the EFL cup and Chelsea after, isn't it? That can be brutal mate. After that, it should be better (Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Newcastle).

Djemba-Djemba

City in the EFL cup and Chelsea after, isn't it? That can be brutal mate. After that, it should be better (Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Newcastle).
It should be better, but I don't think it will be.

Can see Arsenal dropping plenty of points there.

The Purley King

They are in serious trouble.

Auba doesn't seem too bothered after securing his massive £250-300k a week 3 year contract.
Willian looks genuinely awful, 3 year contract at £200k a week. I am surprised Willian has been so poor, he was never this bad for Chelsea.
Ozil they are paying £350k a week for him to play fortnite. At least he is off at the end of the year.
Saliba £27m CB, rated higher than Fofana playing in the youth team.
Pepe, £72m winger looks about as good as Bebe.

They don't have as much money to spend as other top6 clubs, but what they have spent they have spent dreadfully. I cannot see a way back for them into the top6 for many years. Sacking Arteta won't change much, although if they persist with him they could be in a legitimate relegation fight.
Have to say I'm enjoying watching it happen!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Spouting some 'fachts' here :lol:
WTF?

Problem he has is Arsenal have lost games they shouldn't have and now they're in the middle of a tough run of games which they'd likely loose at the best of times

meamth

Now I know why he is associated to Lego.

0 emotions, charisma, look like a robot and his hair is like lego.

Withnail

It gets worse:

"I want to see fighters. In these situations you have two types of people, fighters and victims. I don't want any victims. Victims bring excuses"

POF

It gets worse:

"I want to see fighters. In these situations you have two types of people, fighters and victims. I don't want any victims. Victims bring excuses"

There go his chances of the Liverpool job.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Whooosh, what is that? But, he is clever, I bet all the pundits are scratching their heads saying wtf?
Next time Arsenal plays pundits will use these numbers to show how unlucky he is, needs more time, he is working on it, so smart, look how knowedgeable he speaks, unlike that Noogie, and also to pretend they know what it means.