Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Guess they were planning on being bottom of the super league each season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Obviously didn't want the game but they're in a good position to reach the final and I think they will

Hoof the ball

Question.

Since we're likely getting automatic CL qualification from top four, suppose we meet Arsenal in the final and we win the EL, does that mean Arsenal get the CL spot for being finalists since we can't qualify for the CL twice?

Or would it go to 5th place in the PL?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Question.

Since we're likely getting automatic CL qualification from top four, suppose we meet Arsenal in the final and we win the EL, does that mean Arsenal get the CL spot for being finalists since we can't qualify for the CL twice?

neither

Only the top 4 would qualify

Pep's Suit

2 wins (Slavia Prague, Sheffield) in last 9 games in all comps and the most shocking thing is people just accept it now. From '4th place is a trophy' to 'anything over 50 points is good'. They can still somehow win EL but daaamn they're bad and so painful to watch.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Question.

A league only gets a 5th spot if someone outside the top 4 win CL or EL. Although that said it wouldn't suprise me if what you said does happen at some point, the UCL will eventually become a superleague in all but name i'm certain of that.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's definitely a lucky manager. Looks like they got out of jail tonight again. Expect them to reach the final and probably fluke it.

Chairman Steve

He’s channelling Di Matteo 2012 big time in cup competitions

It really wouldn’t surprise me if Aubameyang plays his occasional blinder and they win 1-0 next week

EDIT: Saying that though, Villarreal have won all of their away knockout games and not conceded a goal in them

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Question.

I mean both those things happened to Arsenal less than two years ago, they ended up with feck all.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Still expect them to make the final - the dive and subsequent penalty is huge.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
A defence of Chambers, Mari, Holding & Xhaka with our best attacking players a 19 year old & a 20 year old. I don't know whether to be amazed we are still in it or the realisation has dawned how poor a team we actually are.

RooneyLegend

What's Wenger actually busy with these days? This is ridiculous, this man thinks he's running the u19's.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What's Wenger actually busy with these days? This is ridiculous, this man thinks he's running the u19's.
Half the time he's reminiscing and thinking about the players he almost signed. The other half he's trying to come up with some wacky new rule/law to revolutionise the game.

Wayne's World

If we play Arsenal in the final and manage to lose to them.........................................

I don't even want to think about it and them shower of wankers on AFTV

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would be a disgrace if we allow these lot win it. I won't be able to contain my anger.

rotherham_red

We'll win the final if we face them. No way are they going to get away with their shithouse tactics again.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He could end up with a FA Cup trophy and a Europa League trophy in his first 18 months in charge.

Robbie Boy

Still rather face Villarreal in the final. Even those these are utter shite, we have been poor against them in recent seasons.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Still rather face Villarreal in the final. Even those these are utter shite, we have been poor against them in recent seasons.
Ole is literally exhibit A on why you can't base head to head records when discussing who's a better manager.

He's a much better manager than Arteta but the latter has him on string in head to heads but he has a fantastic record against one of the best managers to live.

always_hoping

Expected Villarreal to win by 2 or 3 goal margin in that match tonight so 2-1 is a decent scoreline for Arsenal with the home leg to come.

AshRK

His style of football was always going to bit him back. I don't want to disregard his achievement but the guy's FA cup win was very overrated. Trophies are important but ultimately league is the bread and butter. Klopp didn't win trophies for first 3 odd season but his league performance showed the progress he was making. Arteta's league performance just makes his cup performance look like fluke. Extremely lucky against Benfica. Elneny's goal against Olympiakos saved him and today Villareal should have finished the tie off.

He is a lucky lucky manager who has shown nothing to suggest he can bring back the success at arsenal.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
He could end up with a FA Cup trophy and a Europa League trophy in his first 18 months in charge.
And if so the main question is is he elite enough then?? My biggest grip with him is that for a supposed Guardiola's student and a guy who has worked close with him for 3 years he still hasn't implemented none of main Guardiola's principles of play into his own team. As if Arteta is trying too hard to show the world that he is different from Pep. Tactically he is very astute but the whole organisation of play is very chaotic and at times very confusing, especially for his own players...

Amarsdd

And if so the main question is is he elite enough then?? My biggest grip with him is that for a supposed Guardiola's student and a guy who has worked close with him for 3 years he still hasn't implemented none of main Guardiola's principles of play into his own team. As if Arteta is trying too hard to show the world that he is different from Pep. Tactically he is very astute but the whole organisation of play is very chaotic and at times very confusing, especially for his own players...
Why does everyone keep saying this? Where is the evidence? Just because his team managed to pull together good performances in a couple of big cup games last season? All I've seen is very negative football which has contributed to them conceding relatively less goal and probably some of the most cowardly team performances this season.

iKnowNothing

This is something that I was thinking about earlier. Would the general football fans and the Arsenal fans in particular rate him as a good manager if he gets these two trophies?

Most teams, Spurs as an example, would love to be in this position.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
The problem for me is that Arteta doesn’t even seem to be building something for the future. He has been freezing out the likes of Saliba, Nelson and Martinelli. He also froze out Ozil, Soares, Guendozi etc

Maybe not all of the above players are world beaters, but his man management seems very suspect nonetheless.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I dread playing these in the final. Really hope Villareal can turn them over.
Me too, Arsenal these days are really diabolical, but somehow they always turn up vs us and we on the other hand always seem to feck up vs them.

Losing vs them in the final would be unbearable, especially when you consider the smug tweets we would get from that cnut Castles