Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
True.

Now they say they just want an owner who cares about the club and fans but if that Spotify guy buys AFC but doesn't sign a world-class managers and spend 250M every summer then that circle you mentioned will simply repeat.
Exactly, i mean the front 3 of Pepe, Lacazette and Auba is the most expensive front 3 in Europe. They do spend money they just dont spend it wisely enough.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Exactly, i mean the front 3 of Pepe, Lacazette and Auba is the most expensive front 3 in Europe. They do spend money they just dont spend it wisely enough.
Is it more expensive than PSG's? Ironically, it's nearly the exact same as Chelsea's.

Havertz / Pepe (£72M), Pulisic / Aubameyang (£57M) & Werner / Lacazette (£47M) according to Transfermarkt.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Neymar alone is the most expensive front 3 in Europe. If you go into therotical values if they were to be sold, you could slot in Dortmund, Barcelona, Athletico (?) and so on...
I don't see an issue with Auba and Lacazette's prices. We also had to pay a little bit extra considering our position and having to deal with Aulas. Pepe is unforgivable.

AshRK

Is it more expensive than PSG's? Ironically, it's nearly the exact same as Chelsea's.

Havertz / Pepe (£72M), Pulisic / Aubameyang (£57M) & Werner / Lacazette (£47M) according to Transfermarkt.
Chelsea are 4th and are in CL final, you lot are 9th and are having a crap season. There is a difference. There is no way you should be 9th. You can keep on presenting alternative table since December 26th but arteta is the reason you are 9th.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea are 4th and are in CL final, you lot are 9th and are having a crap season. There is a difference. There is no way you should be 9th. You can keep on presenting alternative table since December 26th but arteta is the reason you are 9th.
You're looking too much into it. I quoted a post that claimed it was the most expensive front 3 in Europe, by pointing out it isn't, & that it's also actually the same as Chelsea's. That's all.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont get it.

It's like the Arsenal owners don''t watch their own football.

How can anyone end up at 9th and not yet be sacked.

I can understand if they were fighting for a CL spot through the Europa League but thats done and he still has his job?

Arsenal's ability to be a top club has gone.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

In fairness the best player in your front 3 this season, Saka, didn't cost a penny.

AshRK

You're looking too much into it. I quoted a post that claimed it was the most expensive front 3 in Europe, by pointing out it isn't, & that it's also actually the same as Chelsea's. That's all.
My bad. Just saw the original post. Yes of course arsenal don't have the most expensive front 3. But still I do expect more from the manager than being 9th.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
My bad. Just saw the original post. Yes of course arsenal don't have the most expensive front 3. But still I do expect more from the manager than being 9th.

Watching Saka run riot from LB yesterday really brought home what a cowardly/mystifying/unambitious/delete as appropriate it was to play Granit fecking Xhaka as a full back in Arsenal’s most important games of the season.
Agreed, on both counts.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
To be fair, it takes a special manager that can relegate Sam Allardyce and get Willian on the scoresheet. To do it in one game is remarkable.

obvious white text is obvious

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea are singlehandedly keeping this guy in a job.

Irwin99

That's pretty much why I didn't want them in the EL final. A team like that can score on the counter or with a set piece or an oppo mistake and then sit on the game and see it out. It's pretty much what we did many times last season when the team was in transition.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Dammit. Scored a fluke goal and sat back whilst riding our luck. We did absolutely nothing going forward.

OleBoiii

Deserves a 10 year contract and a lifetime supply of boot polish for his hair, minimum.
Top 5 things you as a consumer can do to save the environment:

1. Fly less frequently
2. Use public transportation
3. Waste less food
4. Eat less beef
5. Break into Arteta's home and shave his head so that he no longer can use his hair products

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Top 5 things you as a consumer can do to save the environment:

1. Fly less frequently
2. Use public transportation
3. Waste less food
4. Eat less beef
5. Break into Arteta's home and shave his head so that he no longer can use his hair products
Prior to popular belief, Arteta's hair is actually made of granite and he sculpts in perfectly every morning. The fact it looks real is testament to his skills.

Djemba-Djemba

Won at Old Trafford in a similar manner.

Incredibly negative park the bus performance, opposition having an off night, rode their luck and then they took advantage of a stupid mistake by an opposition player. Pogba with us and Jorginho tonight.

Very good result for them but oof Arsenal are brutal to watch. So boring.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Good result, but we just aren't good enough with the ball. Too cowardly still. We work hard to beat the press, only to not take the ball on the half turn & drive forward, we pass it back & struggle to beat the press again.

AshRK

Intelligent, ambitious? The guy gets so much protection from media it is just astounding

Djemba-Djemba

Intelligent, ambitious? The guy gets so much protection from media it is just astounding
AFTV are now saying back Arteta?

Less than a week ago every single one of them was passionately Arteta out.

Even deluded man child Ty wanted him out :lol:

nainaisson

And this is why I was praying for United to get Villarreal in the final. I can't think of any other team that flukes its way to victory like Arsenal, especially against teams that are far superior.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
To be honest, it feels like the same situation Ole was in a year or two ago. The big difference is that the media have decided that Arteta is a footballing visionary and can do no wrong, whereas the knives were out for Ole after every questionable result or performance.

I dont even dislike Arteta that much, its just the stark difference in how he is treated that does my nut in.

AshRK

AFTV are now saying back Arteta?

Less than a week ago every single one of them was passionately Arteta out.

Even deluded man child Ty wanted him out :lol:
Flip flopping and nothing else. Anyways the longer he stays at arsenal the better.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
To be honest, it feels like the same situation Ole was in a year or two ago. The big difference is that the media have decided that Arteta is a footballing visionary and can do no wrong, whereas the knives were out for Ole after every questionable result or performance.

I dont even dislike Arteta that much, its just the stark difference in how he is treated that does my nut in.
Anyone who graduated from the Guardiola academy of management must be an excellent manager.