Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

mancsarered

His antics is not what bothers people. What really bothers them is the job he is doing at Arsenal. 'Lego Pep' was never supposed to have Arsenal beyond a team that plays attractive football and would challenge 4th spot and compete for the FA Cup, but nothing beyond that. The fact he has built the current Arsenal into what it is, bothers a lot of people.

8th, 8th, 5th, then BAM. Who knows what will happen at seasons end. But I know every rival fans now sees Arsenal, and especially Arteta in a different light.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the antics.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
His antics is not what bothers people. What really bothers them is the job he is doing at Arsenal. 'Lego Pep' was never supposed to have Arsenal beyond a team that plays attractive football and would challenge 4th spot and compete for the FA Cup, but nothing beyond that. The fact he has built the current Arsenal into what it is, bothers a lot of people.

8th, 8th, 5th, then BAM. Who knows what will happen at seasons end. But I know every rival fans now sees Arsenal, and especially Arteta in a different light.
Definitely the antics. I'm actually ok to see the Arse at the top over Liverpool, City or Chelsea but my god Arteta really behaves like a cnut.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

The fact the technical area means nothing to him and it doesn’t get picked up is what bothers me, he can dance and swing his arms around all he wants. That applies to any manager

Red the Bear

Something less generic

I'm developing a sort of begrudging respect for him, genuinely never thought he'd be anything more than a fraud.

He's an annoying wanker though.

Traub

It's not 2009 anymore. Tottenham have managed to keep Kane and Son despite being skint and trophyless. Arsenal have shown they have the money to spend now and they look like they'll be competitive over the next few years.
Yeah, the one good thing about the obscene cash in football is all clubs can offer high wages now. For example, Saka getting paid 250,000 at Arsenal is probably enough to keep him from going to City, PSG etc. You'll always get the Pogbas where 250,000 isn't enough, but truth is you don't even want those players in your squad (except for insanely talented players like Mbappe and Haaland).

The big issues for Arsenal will be to 1) continue challenging, and 2) to keep Arteta (assuming this isn't a one season wonder).

Loon

:lol:
I love how half a good season is suddenly the reason he's thought of as a gobshite, conveniently forgetting the badgering of the VAR and all the other touchline bollocks of last year.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Can't think of a more boring manager. He is to Pep is what Elizabeth Holmes to Steve Jobs. A copycat with barely half the talent and dislikeable for his antics.

Basso

Can't think of a more boring manager. He is to Pep is what Elizabeth Holmes to Steve Jobs. A copycat with barely half the talent and dislikeable for his antics.
If Arteta wins the league with Arenal, it's a better achievement than any of Peps league titles.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
At least pep can occasionally be funny with his…
Two, two, twooooooooo.
Happy new year.

ShinjiNinja26

I love how half a good season is suddenly the reason he's thought of as a gobshite, conveniently forgetting the badgering of the VAR and all the other touchline bollocks of last year.
Aye. Arsenal fans are now trying to spin it as ‘rival fans only dislike him because he’s doing well’ no, we don’t like him because he’s an insufferable cnut and has been for the last 3 years even when doing utter shite.

Judas

Open to offers
He's disliked because he's a dull whinging knobhead. No one dislikes him more now because they're doing well :lol: he was mocked relentlessly for his behaviour when he was doing poorly.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I missed the days when everyone in Redcafe said Arteta is a fraud/shit. Once Arteta lose a few games or if he doesn't win the league this season then it will be back.

mu4c_20le

I missed the days when everyone in Redcafe said Arteta is a fraud/shit. Once Arteta lose a few games or if he doesn't win the league this season then it will be back.
Pretty sure your own fans said that, or at least hated him more than here. We mostly just dismissed him as he was never a threat.

Tapori

I do not care for City. At least they're Mancs.
I am happily ABA as I live Daaaahn Saaarf in exile and the history; Liverpool then Arsenal for me.

Everyone I speak with gassing up Mr. Playmobil is forgetting this is just halfway due to the WC; IF Arsenal can maintain pace and this gap or extend it during their run in February in the PL then congrats, they'll probably have just enough and they are playing solid football...
BUT.. and it's a humongous BUT..

They don't call the last odd games Squeaky Bum Time for nothing;
Pressure can do incredible things.
Just look at those matches last season with Top 4 seemingly locked off and they essentially crumbled.
I wouldn't bet against something similiar happening if City keep pace with them going into April..

rajds89

I reckon the majority of Arsenal fans were saying the same before this season.. or have you conveniently forgotten?

Edwards6

What about all the Arsenal fans that were calling him shit and begging for him to be sacked not long ago

BlueHaze

Okay sir.. Thank you for clearing that up for us...

romufc

Yep all Arsenal fans were behind Arteta right? There were no calls for Arteta out ever.

There were no T-Shirts made saying Arteta out by your fan base.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
So why you so bothered what the opposition fans think of your manager when your own fans never backed him
Who said I am bothered? I missed those days.

I will be bothered/more worried if all fans from other clubs wish Arteta stayed as Arsenal head coach/manager forever.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Trying to think back - Conte is probably almost exactly the same when it comes to touchline theatrics but I've rarely gone beyond being bemused.
Conte isn't comparable. He's much more theatrical (more of an actual character).

Mourinho, on the other hand, was a dirty no good scrote, and you couldn't help but hate him.
No doubt, but we're not talking about "hate" here, just that Lego Pep is annoying.

I maintain that he is annoying.

(But obviously, the main reason anyone has a problem with him is the fact that he's about to win the league with Arsenal.)

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Neutrals don't give a feck about these things, I'd say. Can see how a direct rivals supporters might get annoyed and that's quite amusing in itself.

Trying to think back - Conte is probably almost exactly the same when it comes to touchline theatrics but I've rarely gone beyond being bemused. And stuff like the tiff with Tuchel was just really funny to watch.

Mourinho, on the other hand, was a dirty no good scrote, and you couldn't help but hate him.
I always liked Mourinho, something of the lovable scrote about him and a surprisingly graceful loser

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He’s a tool but I think if they win the league he may deserve the ‘Lego Pep’ tag dropped.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You'd never have guessed he'd played for Everton for 7 years.

Arsenal rocked up today seemingly under the impression Lampard was still managing Everton and thought it would be a gentle stroll to three points.

Three defeats out of three for Arteta at Goodison Park since he became a manager.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It’s a pity they snuck that win against us a fortnight ago as we all suspected this wobble would come and it would’ve been fantastic to have been within touching distance when it did.

It might be dramatic to suggest so but I suspect they may freefall now the infallibility factor is gone. Their squad is defunct of experienced leaders and they’re the type of players they’ll need now. Arteta himself isn’t exactly well versed in coping with pressure either, mind.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s a pity they snuck that win against us a fortnight ago as we all suspected this wobble would come and it would’ve been fantastic to have been within touching distance when it did.

It might be dramatic to suggest so but I suspect they may freefall now the infallibility factor is gone. Their squad is defunct of experienced leaders and they’re the type of players they’ll need now. Arteta himself isn’t exactly well versed in coping with pressure either, mind.
They're still on course for 100 + points so a little bit premature. Man. City of course couldn't beat Everton a few weeks back.

That said they have plenty of tricky aways still to negotiate. Us, Man. City, Liverpool, Newcastle and even West Ham towards end of season won't be easy.

Their aim will be to win all their remaining home games and not to lose the Man. City home match and they'll still be in a very good position to win the league if that occurs.

Have a look how many away games you won in 10/11 as a nice little guide to that.

Guy Incognito

You'd never have guessed he'd played for Everton for 7 years.

Arsenal rocked up today seemingly under the impression Lampard was still managing Everton and thought it would be a gentle stroll to three points.

Three defeats out of three for Arteta at Goodison Park since he became a manager.
Wenger's record at Goodison by contrast was solid. Clearly Arteta can't get his players to perform in the big arenas like Old Trafford. ;)

Don't forget that Arsenal still have to go to St James and Anfield.

Irrational.

Lego Pep after losing to Everton said:
I want the team to know how much I love them. I love them much more now than three hours ago, a week ago, a month ago, three months ago.

"It's very easy to be next to the players when they're winning and performing. These are the moments when I love my players more and my staff more and we're going to stay together.
:rolleyes: